The Student Room Group

High C at AS, A (even low) at A2?

Hey!

In my AS level, I got a high C for Film Studies. I left it too late to resit because my teacher told me there would be no point. This year, I'm pleased to announce that my 2 pieces of coursework for A2 film studies have earned me 2 As. Will that help me get to my A grade target? Even if it's a low A?
Original post by SPollitt1
Hey!

In my AS level, I got a high C for Film Studies. I left it too late to resit because my teacher told me there would be no point. This year, I'm pleased to announce that my 2 pieces of coursework for A2 film studies have earned me 2 As. Will that help me get to my A grade target? Even if it's a low A?

It depends on marks not grades.

what marks out of what did u get for the AS?

If you can get 320 ucas points over the 400 then you can.

Its impossible to say otherwise
Reply 2
So if it was under 320 it is impossible?
Original post by SPollitt1
So if it was under 320 it is impossible?

320/400 overall in the A Level is needed for an A, in your case if you have really high Cs then you're going to need +90 UMS. If you did this you would get an A*, if you didn't get 90% then I think you would get a B. I'm pretty sure I've got this right, though others feel free to correct me if not!

What was your overall UMS in AS? How high was your C? We can't tell you exactly how many mark/whether your As are high enough until you do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending