The Student Room Group

Dropping out?

After a LONG LONG think about everything, University, my career, evidently my future. I have come to the conclusion that the course I am doing, is not for me. I really don't like the course, I have no passion for it, and is completely not what I expected. The job field is very narrow and I would not enjoy the job as I do not enjoy the course. At the end of the day I do not want to waste money that I have to pay back doing something I do not enjoy.

My question is, do I try hand in my assignments for the *first* year, or is there no point. Also where do I go to talk to someone about it?

Many Thanks

CJPM.

**Sorry my bad, I'm in the first year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
You might as well get the degree now.
Reply 2
Sorry my bad, I'm in the first year.

Wrote it wrong.
I am in my first year and I am in exactly the same position as you.

My degree has very poor employment prospects and I have no passion for it at all. In the next 2 months I have exams but I know in my heart that there is no way I will be able to pass them because of my complete lack of passion and motivation for the course.

I am thinking of dropping out as I have been offered a very good fulltime job with better than graduate pay whilst doing a degree in something I am interested in with Open University.

However I am in the same position; do I just do the exams or not?
Reply 4
can I ask what degree your doing? :smile:
Reply 5
Computer Games Production,

and 'NGC773" I feel exactly the same way. I know I'm going to fail and just think it will be a waste of my time, I'm going to try make an appointment with someone ASAP.
Reply 6
I am in the sameish position and will be dropping out at the end of this year. However I'm staying for exams and going to try my best at them - not stress about them, but I might as well complete the year and there isn't anything other than revision to do really! I'm not entirely sure how you go about dropping out but I've spoken to my tutor and someone at student services, so I would recommend starting there.
Reply 7
Yeah I have sent an email to 'Student Support' and they have said I should speak to my Tutor so that will be my next step.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending