The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mo-Amin
If we're talking about modern times, then Belgium have a pretty good team!

IIRC, they have Mignolet, Fellaini, Witsel, Kompany, Vermaelen, Hazard and Lukaku.

Agreed. IRL, if the youngsters all get the right guidance at their respective clubs then Belgium could have a strong team in Euro Championships to come :teeth:
Reply 6821
Congratulations on your win then :P
Reply 6822
Started with Ajax and decided to go Total Football with 2 at the back. Second to PSV on the 1st Feb with City in the first knockout stage of the Champs League.

Looking like a solid start to my career, might jump ship to International management then back to club after this season. A Journeyman save :smile:

I'll try update all that care like I did with my infamous Lazio save.
Reply 6823
68 games unbeaten. 23 consecutive wins. 11 without conceding.

League away at Swansea and first thing that happens? They score a direct free kick. Not happy.
Reply 6824
Original post by Stirlo
I keep meaning to start up a stags save but don't get round to it

Definitely worth it.

I got new owners when I got in prem, they said they wanted Alan Curbishley to take over...you can imagine I wasn't amused.

Fans backed me up though, and they kept me. I was bricking it!
:facepalm2: Lost the FA Cup semi-final to mid-table Wolves. Had a right old end of season crumble :frown: Luckily, the league should be a definite - 7 points clear, 4 games left. It will be the only thing I win all season though, couldn't even win the Comm. Shield! :rant:
Reply 6826
Currently 4th with my Chelmsford side in the Blue Square Premier, after being promoted last season.
I'm 11 points behind the team in the automatic promotion spot, so i'm not sure whether i'll manage to get it. I think there's 17 games left of the season.
But i'm 9 points clear of the team just outside of the play-offs so i've got a good chance of a play-off spot.

I was a relegation candidate at the start of the season (just due to being the newly promoted team), so it's not bad I guess.

Hinkley may also be the worst team i've ever seen in a league on the game :lol: They only scored 1 goal in their first 20 matches!
Well thank ****, won the PL. Onwards to the World Cup :colone:
In my Napoli career I lost the title with 1 game to go to Juventus, lost the Coppa Italia final to Juventus and lost the CL final to Barca. :facepalm2:
Last night of FM til next weekend, going away for a few days.

Just drew the 1st El Clasico of the season, at the Bernabeu, 1-1 - Messi got sent off for horrendous challenge on 60mins, with the team 1-0 down. So I pushed Masch to midfield alongside Cesc, put Andrés to the left wing and Muniain replaced Sanchez. Despite all the attacking talent it took a Jonny Evans wondergoal to secure a point.

My love for that man just grew. :drool:
An Espanyol wonderkid defender has turned down offers from us (Utd), Arsenal, Barcelon and Lyon... and accepted one with a mid-table Villa. :lolwut:
Great. Got a massive injury crisis in defence after Bamba and Paintsil left for the ACN (playing with Leicester), played Stoke in the league cup semis with only 3 available defenders at the entire club, two of whom are youth teamers. Beat them 3-2 on aggregate :jive:
Original post by Kevmeister
Last night of FM til next weekend, going away for a few days.

Just drew the 1st El Clasico of the season, at the Bernabeu, 1-1 - Messi got sent off for horrendous challenge on 60mins, with the team 1-0 down. So I pushed Masch to midfield alongside Cesc, put Andrés to the left wing and Muniain replaced Sanchez. Despite all the attacking talent it took a Jonny Evans wondergoal to secure a point.

My love for that man just grew. :drool:

Jonny Evans at Barca? :hmmm: You should be ashamed Kev. :colondollar:
Came 2nd with 87 points and madrid have won their 5th title in a row with 94 points. I swear I'll win the league, I hate losing needless points. I'm not going on a spending spree either. Oh well, I'm not too worried, my job will never be under threat, there's always next season, should have won the CL though, I'm pretty unhappy that a correct goal was ruled out which would have seen my side through.
Scotland just won it on my game.
Really struggled to get into a game in England or Spain so thought I'd try Bayern in Germany and it's such a fun save. The first team is probably second only to Real and Barca but the bench is thin and several key players are prone to injuries so getting the first XI out is rare but the juggling is fun and can be a challenge especially in the BL where about 8 teams compete for the top 4.

Robben :coma: more goals than games atm. SI have made him perfectly- he plays identical to real life.
Reply 6836
I'm in the Blue Square Premier play-offs, about to start the semi final first leg against Gateshead.
I haven't beaten them all season :frown: Lost to them twice in the league and they knocked me out of the FA Trophy, so i'm not sure how this is going to go.
Funny thing is, last season when I was in a lower division I beat Gateshead in the FA Cup!
(edited 11 years ago)
2012 haha. They beat spain.
Original post by Aramiss18
Really struggled to get into a game in England or Spain so thought I'd try Bayern in Germany and it's such a fun save. The first team is probably second only to Real and Barca but the bench is thin and several key players are prone to injuries so getting the first XI out is rare but the juggling is fun and can be a challenge especially in the BL where about 8 teams compete for the top 4.

Robben :coma: more goals than games atm. SI have made him perfectly- he plays identical to real life.
I tried 1 season in spain. It's a very annoying league. Hard to keep squad depth, hard to keep subs match fit and a MASSIVE gap between the top and the bottom.
I really want to do a league one save, but I don't have the patience.

Latest