The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6840
Original post by Aramiss18
Robben :coma: more goals than games atm. SI have made him perfectly- he plays identical to real life.
Playing identical to real life except he's averaging less than a game per goal :biggrin:

I was actually going to take the piss out of you and say "Emile Heskey plays identical to real life" when he normally scores far more goals in the game than he does in real life. Hilariously, in this save Villa have retrained him to be a central defender, and from just 6 starts and 13 sub appearances he's still managed to score more goals this season than he's managed in real life for the past five years :rofl: (he got four goals, with one game of the season to go, and the last time he managed that was in 2007/08...his scoring record is absolutely horrendous for an alleged striker :p:)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dalimyr
Playing identical to real life except he's averaging less than a game per goal :biggrin:

I was actually going to take the piss out of you and say "Emile Heskey plays identical to real life" when he normally scores far more goals in the game than he does in real life. Hilariously, in this save Villa have retrained him to be a central defender, and from just 6 starts and 13 sub appearances he's still managed to score more goals this season than he's managed in real life for the past five years :rofl: (he got four goals, with one game of the season to go, and the last time he managed that was in 2007/08...his scoring record is absolutely horrendous for an alleged striker :p:)

I meant in terms of cutting in and shooting when he really should pass :P Really is a credit to the game makers.

And I've been on the receiving end of a Heskey performance before it induced rage.
Is it possible to get free kick takers to pass in direct free kicks (Ribery keeps trying to shoot, and about 8/10 times he misses really awfully).
Original post by mevidek
Is it possible to get free kick takers to pass in direct free kicks (Ribery keeps trying to shoot, and about 8/10 times he misses really awfully).

im confused did you mean can he pass indirect free kicks

or pass when taking a a direct free kick

if the former i do not know

the later well you really shouldnt be playing a managing game if you dont know the rules of football :rolleyes:
Reply 6844
Original post by kopite493

the later well you really shouldnt be playing a managing game if you dont know the rules of football :rolleyes:

He clearly isn't asking about a rule based question :lolwut:

He is asking is there any way to stop a player shooting nearly every single time they have a free kick and instead get them to just pass it to someone.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mess.
He clearly isn't asking about a rule based question :lolwut:

He is asking is there any way to stop a player shooting nearly every single time they have a free kick and instead get them to just pass it to someone.

no he isn't but if he is referring to direct free kicks he should know that you must shoot from a direct free kick
Reply 6846
no he isn't but if he is referring to direct free kicks he should know that you must shoot from a direct free kick

You have to be trolling :lolwut:

I meant the former.
Original post by Mess.
You have to be trolling :lolwut:

my apologies i misread the rule in referee hand book it says 'may be score without touching another player' i thought it said must, :colondollar:

*hides head in shame as he goes to relearn all rules of football :/
Reply 6849
:lol:

kopite493
*hides head in shame as he goes to relearn all rules of football :/

:console:
Jason O'Reilly (Overview_ Profile).png
What do you guys think of this guy? What can I do to ensure he becomes a top player? I got him on a free from some non-league irish club. I know whis jumping is low, but would i be right in hoping that it will get better when he gets a bit older?
Not too shabs at all for a freebie.

On my Dag & Red side (FM10), I've got Ande Ndoh (signed on a free) hammering in the goals - 22 in 17 so far, including 7 in the last 2. :coma:
Original post by jackclarke1995
Jason O'Reilly (Overview_ Profile).png
What do you guys think of this guy? What can I do to ensure he becomes a top player? I got him on a free from some non-league irish club. I know whis jumping is low, but would i be right in hoping that it will get better when he gets a bit older?

Looks like he's susceptible to injuries but otherwise a good bag for free, should be a great player technically. :holmes:
Reply 6853
Had a week off because of Steam being silly, come back and draw 3 in a row in the league. :nothing: 0-0 away at a distant 20th placed Zaragoza, 1-1 at home to Hercules (I battered them all match) and then 0-0 away at Granada. In that last game I finished with 8 men due to 1 red card on 70 mins and 2 injuries in the last 10 minutes. Means I go to Old Trafford 3 days later without Iturrieta (my star CB), Sanogo (my star ST and player) and Hoillett (my best winger).

Does anyone else find they struggle after a bit of a break? I think it ****s up the rhythm of my team talks and squad selection/rotation.

Edit- came away with a 3-1 defeat from the Man Utd match. Disappointing but not dreadful given the circumstances. I just don't have the squad depth to deal with my best two players getting injured, especially in CB and ST which are crucial positions. Lost Fer as well after 20 minutes so my entire spine was depleted. Their 3rd goal was dodgy, a near post cross sailed into the arms of my keeper but a penalty was given for a 'shirt tug' at the far post. That put me 3-0 down but I snatched a penalty in the 89th minute. All the injuries are short term so I have them all back for the 2nd leg, hopefully giving me an outside shot of pulling it back, but my next 3 games are Athletic, Valencia and Real Madrid. Crumbling.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6854
2014 Champions League Quarter Finals:

My Man Utd comfortably beat Lyon 7-1 on aggregate, and Porto beat Fiorentina 4-1 on aggregate.

Barcelona 3 - 0 Man City
Real Madrid 3 - 0 Marseille

Everything fairly standard, until:

Man City 5 - 1 Barcelona (to win 5-4 on aggregate)
Marseille 4 - 0 Real Madrid (to win 4-3 on aggregate)

Love it!
Just won Man City 8-1

Only when the score got to 8-1 did it say Man City's 8 game unbeaten run was about to come to an end :biggrin:
I finished second in La Liga behind Barcelona, despite having the same points, same won, drawn and lost but I had better goal difference (scored more and conceded less) but as I say, I finished second. Does anyone wtf is up with that? I thought it was based on points, then goal difference, then wins or something but obviously not or not in La Liga anyway?
Reply 6857
Original post by hypercaine.
I finished second in La Liga behind Barcelona, despite having the same points, same won, drawn and lost but I had better goal difference (scored more and conceded less) but as I say, I finished second. Does anyone wtf is up with that? I thought it was based on points, then goal difference, then wins or something but obviously not or not in La Liga anyway?

La Liga is head to head results, so the aggregate score over the 2 games you played against them is in favour of Barca. Italy's the same I think, not sure about Germany.

Hate losing leagues like that though. Still haven't recovered fully after losing out with my nearly all English Villa team on goal difference :cry:
Original post by hypercaine.

Its decided on your head to head record.
In my last 53 league matches (whole of last season and so far into this season) ive won 47, drew 3, lost 3. Only dropped 15 points in 16 months. :sexface: In those 53 games ive scored scored 185 goals and only conceded 35. :sexface: I haven't dropped any points at home in 12 months too. :sexface:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest