The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

^Kerr Avon is completely wrong. However, I just want to add little editorial balance here, so I will use history and science (in the Hegelian sense) to prove that I have in my hands a list—a long one—of lawless audacious-types who have joined Kerr Avon's retinue. We have a dilemma of leviathan proportions on our hands: Should we work together in an atmosphere of friendship and hope, or is it sufficient to force Kerr Avon into early retirement? While that question may not be as profound as "What's the meaning of life?" or "Is there a God?", if Kerr Avon can't cite the basis for his claim that all it takes to start a rabbit farm is a magician's magic hat then he should just shut up about it. Since I have promised to be candid, I will tell you candidly that his plans for the future will have consequences—very serious consequences. We ought to begin doing something about that. We ought to discuss the programmatic foundations of Kerr Avon's jejune reports in detail. We ought to spread the word that if this letter did nothing else but serve as a beacon of truth, it would be worthy of reading by all right-thinking people. However, this post's role is much greater than just to defy him.

This seems so obvious, I am amazed there is even any discussion about it. By my word, Kerr Avon can get away with lies (e.g., that he is a protective bulwark against the advancing tyranny of obnoxious phonies) because the average person cannot imagine anyone lying so brazenly. Not one person in a hundred will actually check out the facts for himself and discover that Kerr Avon is lying.

What do we owe Kerr Avon? Nothing, absolutely nothing. If he claims otherwise, we have to stand firm and point out that Kerr Avon is typical of villainous malingerers in his wild invocations to the irrational, the magic, and the fantastic to dramatize his fulminations. Perhaps one day we will live in a world where good people are not troubled by fear of what I call costive worrywarts. Until that day arrives, however, we must spread the word that Kerr Avon can fool some of the people all of the time. He can fool all of the people some of the time. But he can't fool all of the people all of the time.

In a broad-brush sense, it is a grave injustice for Kerr Avon to defy the rules of logic. An obvious parallel from a different context is that if anything, once one begins thinking about free speech, about wily converts to gnosticism who use ostracism and public opinion to prevent the airing of views contrary to their own crazy beliefs, one realizes that Kerr Avon and his deputies are a bunch of bozos. As you know, bozos are curmudgeons; curmudgeons are vagrants; vagrants are deviants; and deviants all want to initiate a reign of irascible, peevish terror. The point is that vicious oniomaniacs like Kerr Avon are not born—they are excreted. However unsavory that metaphor may be, Kerr Avon's perceptions are eerily similar to those promoted by madmen such as Pol Pot. What's scary, though, is that their extollment of fetishism has been ratcheted up a few notches from anything Pol Pot ever conjured up.

One of Kerr Avon's subalterns keeps throwing "scientific" studies at me, claiming they prove that a book of Kerr Avon's writings would be a good addition to the Bible. The studies are full of "if"s, "possibly"s, "maybe"s, and various exceptions and admissions of their limitations. This leaves the studies inconclusive at best and works of fiction at worst. The only thing these studies can possibly prove is that when I hear Kerr Avon's trucklers parrot the party line—that Kerr Avon is a master of precognition, psychokinesis, remote viewing, and other undeveloped human capabilities—I see them not as people but as machines. The appropriate noises are coming out of their larynges, but their brains are not involved as they would be if they were thinking about how I don't know which are worse, right-wing tyrants or left-wing tyrants. But I do know that I try never to argue with Kerr Avon because it's clear he's not susceptible to reason. I close this letter along the same lines it opened on: Kerr Avon is always trying to worm his way into everything.
(edited 11 years ago)
^ is a man of few words. :mmm:
^likes pretty flowers :h:
Likes Jellybeans? :smile:
^knows italian :ahee:
^In a relationship started from TSR as well
^Is in love with pogo :yep:
^Is worthy of getting a neg for lying
^ is strangely irrational on the subject of Pogo.

Original post by Jellybean91
^Is in love with pogo :yep:

Deliberately stirring up trouble?
Original post by Potiron
^ is strangely irrational on the subject of Pogo.

Deliberately stirring up trouble?

Maybe :colondollar: if he will have a pic of him in his sig, what am I meant to think? :yep:
Original post by Willum Infanta
^Is worthy of getting a neg for lying

It was worth the neg to see your reaction :colone:
Maybe :colondollar: if he will have a pic of him in his sig, what am I meant to think? :yep:

:naughty:

Soul put a photo of me in her sig once, I was not at all a happy bunny :moon:
Original post by Potiron
:naughty:

Soul put a photo of me in her sig once, I was not at all a happy bunny :moon:

:console: Yeh don't think i'd be a happy bunny either!
^ is going to poke dipless and make him go to the pub with me soon?
^ :yep: of course :smile: do you have his new number?
^Well...it's been a pleasure
^ :yep: of course :smile: do you have his new number?

Nope. I'm not in T-Town at the moment anyway, and won't be til the end of June. I should be revising. I shouldn't be on TSR.
^ doesn't have dippy's new number.
Original post by Potiron
Nope. I'm not in T-Town at the moment anyway, and won't be til the end of June. I should be revising. I shouldn't be on TSR.
^ doesn't have dippy's new number.

I shouldn't think he'll be back til mid june either! hehehe ever the craster? :tongue:
^will get a PM containing dippys new number... please use it to freak him out in whatever way you wish :tongue:
Original post by Willum Infanta
^Well...it's been a pleasure

didn't mean to offend you quite so much fantaa :no:
^ Has a cute avvy :cute:

Latest