The Student Room Group

Overslept my exam!!!!WHAT TO DO?

I've had about 1-2 hour sleep for the last 2 days and today I overslept one of my AS unit 2 exams. I just couldn't hear my phone alarm. What should I do? Should I send an apology to my personal tutor? Or should I just keep it in silence cos? I mean, I'll still be able to write it in January, but I have no idea of what to do and what to say atm... I don't think that saying that I've overslept will sound appropriate in my situation. HELP! I'm ****ed.... :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

just shows how u care bout ur exams -suker
your a muppet...
Reply 3
cool, say it to my face :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Just lie. Say you were extremely ill or someone you know died.
say u slept with ur tutors girlfriend thats better than saying u bunked ur exam
Reply 6
don't worry your lucky cause you in YR 12 and you can do it again n before your exam you should have a good nights rest or you'll just forget everything
Reply 7
Original post by McMurdo

Unless he was bed ridden, then this is no excuse.

Even then, he would have to have had to call up the school, and submit a doctor's note confirming his illness.

OP - you're screwed.
Original post by McMurdo

1) If you're extremely ill, why didn't you notify the school in ANY MEANS NECESSARY
2) If someone you know died, who?

(Questions at OP, not the idiot who said this quote)
Reply 9
Get a louder alarm
Reply 10
If i was you i'd find look everywhere to find if any of my relatives,distant relatives, friends, friend's relatives or even a awfully nice stranger who happens to be a doctor to write a doctors note for me but i bet that would be a one in a million chance for you so I guess your screwed sorry to be you:h:
Lol i'm joking......Well just try to be honest i mean honesty is the best policy or you could just avoid them at any cost until you can think of a good enough excuse :biggrin:
Reply 11
all the work done for the whole year for no use
good for you
To be honest, you're just going to need to resit. I'm guessing it wasn't a speaking exam?

Alternatively you could find out if there's a very similar module on another exam board and try and get entered for that (after confirming it's transferable). Be warned though - that'd be expensive.

Edit: Is the neg because everyone else wants me to be taking the piss too?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by siwelmail
1) If you're extremely ill, why didn't you notify the school in ANY MEANS NECESSARY

1. Too ill to call in
2. Your cat/imaginary friend/who cares? Be inventive.
3. Your transport was delayed
4. You got your leg stuck in a drain
5. You went into your clothes cupboard to get clothes, fell in and got lost in Narnia.

Where there's a will, there's a way.
Reply 14
Original post by 7days
cool, say it to my face :wink:

Chill out, al capone. You ****ting yourself because you missed an exam. Stop acting like your some big time gangster.
More time to revise for your resit (if you can even call it that) next year :teehee:
you're only in year 12 so it's not the end of the world. Just explain what happened and re sit it in January, the school won't do anything serious, people miss/fail exams all the time :smile:
no point stressing about it now.
Original post by 7days
I've had about 1-2 hour sleep for the last 2 days and today I overslept one of my AS unit 2 exams. I just couldn't hear my phone alarm. What should I do? Should I send an apology to my personal tutor? Or should I just keep it in silence cos? I mean, I'll still be able to write it in January, but I have no idea of what to do and what to say atm... I don't think that saying that I've overslept will sound appropriate in my situation. HELP! I'm f.cked.... :frown:

...you have to do something severe to get a doctor's note... Being "ill" won't cut it. Try breaking your hand (jk), but regardless... I'm sorry mate, you'll get a 'special' grade known as 'X'.

...what subject was it?
Original post by siwelmail

yh u could say that u had diarrhea smarty pants... couldnt get off the toilet...

Quick Reply

Latest