The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Mathematics - 2012 Exam

Hey guys,

Just wanting to know how everyone got on (people who are doing this exam) with the advanced higher maths exam today?

I thought it was an easy paper this year in comparison to the previous years - had all the questions i wanted to be asked on :smile:... didn't really understand the 2nd part of the last question :s-smilie:

But overall i beleive i am in the the 70% - 80% range :smile:
Reply 1
The main forum for the SQA Advanced Higher Maths 2012 paper
seems to be Advanced Higher Maths 2011-2012 discussion and help

we await respected guru UKDragons37 worked solutions there which shouldn't be long now probably tomorrow he says!
alas worked solutions and paper here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=37687338&postcount=1530
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Donaldr
Hey guys,

Just wanting to know how everyone got on (people who are doing this exam) with the advanced higher maths exam today?

I thought it was an easy paper this year in comparison to the previous years - had all the questions i wanted to be asked on :smile:... didn't really understand the 2nd part of the last question :s-smilie:

Yeah I agree was pretty straight forward. I struggled on vectors all year and the question was a straight forward 5 marker. I reckon I got the same range as you, I think I only managed to get 1 or 2 marks for the last een though. And i totally forgot how to do them base number questions lol.
But yeah was better than my prelim anyway by far. Fingers crossed the pass mark doesn't go up. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Donaldr
Hey guys,

Yeah overall I agree it was a reasonably easy paper, and by looking at the solutions now I think I did OK. The rate of change question took me ages though. Last question was fairly easy actually, you just had to use De Moivre to bring the power down and multiply the pi/18's by 11 and the pi/36's by 4, then subract the angles to get pi/2, cos(pi/2) = 0 etc.

Quick Reply

Latest