The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For someone who gets as much stick as he has done, Walcott's return of 11 goals and 13 assists (8 and 11 of which in the PL) is hardly 'zero impact'.
Reply 3881
Original post by marcusmerehay
For someone who gets as much stick as he has done, Walcott's return of 11 goals and 13 assists (8 and 11 of which in the PL) is hardly 'zero impact'.

Thats part of the reason he gets the stick though, he goes from moments of brilliance and dominating performances to not being able to trap a ball and running down blind alleys all game
Original post by In2deep
To be fair, all the countries in Africa that have a decent football set-up at a national level happen to be countries that also speak French. Football in Africa is dominated by West Africans, the only countries that are excluded from that list is Egypt and to an extent South Africa.

Ghana and nigeria must not count here I guess...
Although I see your point though.

Original post by alexsong
Thats part of the reason he gets the stick though, he goes from moments of brilliance and dominating performances to not being able to trap a ball and running down blind alleys all game and side footing a shot from the edge of the box to the point that he was backpassing to the opposition goalkeeper.

Fixed that for you. He's probably as frustrating as watching kalou or gomez on the big stage when he's choking like he'd been gagged before the match.
(edited 11 years ago)

So on average you're impressed by Walcott's contribution to the team?
Very few of these assists were anything special. Goal scoring is probably the one part of Walcott's game that is good enough.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
So on average you're impressed by Walcott's contribution to the team?
Very few of these assists were anything special. Goal scoring is probably the one part of Walcott's game that is good enough.

I didn't say I was 'impressed' - I was just pointing out he isn't the liability everyone makes him out to be.
I didn't say I was 'impressed' - I was just pointing out he isn't the liability everyone makes him out to be.

We can certainly do better. In terms of liabilities, Aaron Ramsey takes the gold.
Original post by Zürich
We can certainly do better. In terms of liabilities, Aaron Ramsey takes the gold.

I think you forget a certain Mr. Squillaci.
Despite my belief that Walcott isnt amazing, I think walcott has the potential to be the best super sub in the world. That pace can really hurt tired opponents.
Reply 3888
Although Walcott isn't brilliant, and has many areas of his game he can improve on, he is one of our most productive players on the pitch.

Theo can be frustrating at time, but there are other positions that need to be scrutinized and improved upon long before the RW position. Namely the AM, DM and LB positions.
Squillaci is quality. His reading of the game is exceptional and his mental attributes are second to none in the defensive side of things.
Troll-Problem.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Future tip - when making an obviously trolling post, use of the trollface is unnecessary. :fyi:
Original post by jam277
Squillaci is quality. His reading of the game is exceptional and his mental attributes are second to none in the defensive side of things.
Troll-Problem.jpg

Don't hate on Squid. Your just jelly that he does nothing but is still richer than you.
Original post by jilebinator
Don't hate on Squid. Your just jelly that he does nothing but is still richer than you.

Not to mention while having more CL appearances than Tottenham have ever had.
I remember his first few games, he was actually very good & fans were raving on about how we had 4 decent CB's :rolleyes:

When did I hate on squid?
He was good for sevilla, has a crapload of international caps for france and gets loads of money. He's just had a bad year at arsenal, but he's barely been used the past season anyway, so he hasn't really been given a chance this season but just gets flamed because it's funny for other people to flame him.

Weren't you the same guys flaming rosicky and kosc last season?

Djourou however...this doesn't apply to him, although he played a lot of games out of position in an injury ravaged arsenal team. But tbh with mert, kosc and verm he's not going to get too much games in the CB role unless the arsenal style 'get loads of injuries at the exact same time' occurs.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jam277
When did I hate on squid?

Your troll face offended all Arsenal players and fans.
Your troll face offended all Arsenal players and fans.

My troll face was to say problem, you guys have a problem with what I said?
Reply 3897
2011/2012:

Arsenal - 108.157
Real Madrid - 103.465

2012/2013:

Real Madrid - 121.837
Arsenal - 113.882

CL coefficients means we are now the 6th top side instead of 5th. We haven't had a good run for a while now :sad:
Original post by In2deep
2011/2012:

Arsenal - 108.157
Real Madrid - 103.465

2012/2013:

Real Madrid - 121.837
Arsenal - 113.882

CL coefficients means we are now the 6th top side instead of 5th. We haven't had a good run for a while now :sad:

I reckon it's gonna be hard for you guys to get back up, real madrid are going from strength to strength, in reality the only team I can see you overtaking is possibly chelsea(although we just won the CL and would need at least 2 bad seasons and for you guys to make it to the quarters) or maybe bayern munich(unlikely since their team is young).
We've still got 20 points ahead, I think you'll stay in 6th place for at least 2 seasons, inter are unlikely to catch up to you guys since they're in the europa league so will get less points for winning it anyway.
Hazard moving to chelsea :facepalm:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire