The Student Room Group

Muslims Slaughter Convert to Christianity in Tunisia.

http://www.meforum.org/3256/tunisia-muslims-slaughter-christian-convert

*contains warning to video content.

This type of Islam - Wahabiism - is surely terrible and is a relic of the past. What happened to the peace-loving Moors of Islam?

This video made me physically sick. What makes this worse is that politicians in this country will just call it an 'incident' and turn a blind eye.

EDIT: Just realised someone has already posted a thread on this issue. Sorry.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The religion of peace strikes again.
Original post by Ray Bradbury
The religion of peace strikes again.

While this is terrible and this sort of religion needs to be destroyed, this is hardly agreeable to most Muslims, surely? Perhaps I'm just too trusting of people.
Reply 3
Like I've always said on these forums, allowing these people to achieve a critical mass is extremely dangerous for our future. Unfortunately, that rubicon has been crossed. The only way to protect ourselves from muslims now is to cast away self-hobbling mentalities about the religion of peace and to repudiate mantras about equality.

Muslims have a very strong identity, which is partially why they are so violent towards other groups. We must recognise and echew cancerous ideas of muslims being British. They are our enemies, as surely as they are the enemies of Christians in Tunisa, the Balkans and the wider middle east.

Some of them will be along shortly to pretend not to support these actions in Tunisa. But we should remind ourselves, who were the people out on the streets cheering in 9/11?

Who carried out 7/7?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Martyn*
http://www.meforum.org/3256/tunisia-muslims-slaughter-christian-convert

*contains warning to video content.

This type of Islam - Wahabiism - is surely terrible and is a relic of the past. What happened to the peace-loving Moors of Islam?

This video made me physically sick. What makes this worse is that politicians in this country will just call it an 'incident' and turn a blind eye.

Original post by MangoFreak
While this is terrible and this sort of religion needs to be destroyed, this is hardly agreeable to most Muslims, surely? Perhaps I'm just too trusting of people.

In reality the majority of Muslims are against "Wahabiism"............pretty much they get a lot of criticism since it began, because the movement came out of nowhere and are no where in line with the original views of Islam...........and are seen as extremists by many scholars.
Reply 5
Original post by RyanT
Funny how so many seem to follow it then, isn't it.

Even stranger is how many are prepared to kill non-muslims in the name of Wahabism, that's quite a long list.

Your ideology will be judged on its actions, not on taqiyya. Surely you've earnt your virgins by now?

A pillow?
Reply 6
Original post by zapppa
A pillow?

One of those things that the middle aged mohammed shared with a 9 year old girl called Aisha?

Yeah, a pillow.
Reply 7
Horriffic.
Reply 8
Original post by RyanT

Even stranger is how many are prepared to kill non-muslims in the name of Wahabism, that's quite a long list.

Your ideology will be judged on its actions, not on taqiyya. Surely you've earnt your virgins by now?

HAHA you can even check up Wahabism, they are at odds with the rest of Islam, they have no proper interpretations which have isnad.

Judged by who, you..........cos I don't give a crap what you say................plus don't chat crap about taqiyaa when you don't even no its proper purpose, you just thinks its acceptable whenever, when it's not.
Reply 9
Say what you like about Islam being peaceful and all that rubbish. I can't think of any other religion that would kill as many people for leaving the faith as Islam.
Reply 10
Original post by RyanT

Wahabism is a minority sect in Islam, you know that right?
Reply 11
This thread has gone way out of hand.
When these kinds of articles are published, media shows it as being all Muslims, when in fact it is a very small minority of Muslims that follow extreme rules.
In terms of Aisha and the prophet sharing the same pillow..? I think the historians will agree that in those times, Romans, Persians all did the same. It was a norm to have many wives, regardless of age, and for it to be done by the fathers persomission for the daughter to marry.

All the haters of Islam need a serious history and justice lesson. #Justsayin'
Reply 12
Original post by Iqbal007
In reality the majority of Muslims are against "Wahabiism"............pretty much they get a lot of criticism since it began, because the movement came out of nowhere and are no where in line with the original views of Islam...........and are seen as extremists by many scholars.

could you explain the beliefs around apostasty please?
Reply 13
I feel a big factor being ignored here is that the vast majority of Muslims would strongly appose the actions of the men in the video, and one must remember that within every religion there are people who are good and people who are bad. In July of last year a man who reportedly called himself a 'Christian crusader' killed 77 people in Norway however i would not dare to say Christianity is a religion of terrorism. I feel watching a video of a Muslim kill someone does not support your claim that Islam is a religion with 'cancerous ideas'.
Reply 14
Original post by Waqar.
Wahabism is a minority sect in Islam, you know that right?

Original post by es.c
This thread has gone way out of hand.
When these kinds of articles are published, media shows it as being all Muslims, when in fact it is a very small minority of Muslims that follow extreme rules.
In terms of Aisha and the prophet sharing the same pillow..? I think the historians will agree that in those times, Romans, Persians all did the same. It was a norm to have many wives, regardless of age, and for it to be done by the fathers persomission for the daughter to marry.

All the haters of Islam need a serious history and justice lesson. #Justsayin'

"The Middle East Forum promotes American interests in the Middle East and protects the Constitutional order from Middle Eastern threats.

The Forum sees the region with its profusion of dictatorships, radical ideologies, existential conflicts, border disagreements, corruption, political violence, and weapons of mass destruction as a major source of problems for the United States. Accordingly, it urges active measures to protect Americans and their allies.

U.S. interests in the Middle East include fighting radical Islam; working for Palestinian acceptance of Israel; robustly asserting U.S. interests vis-à-vis Saudi Arabia; developing strategies to deal with Iraq and contain Iran; and monitoring the advance of Islamism in Turkey.

Domestically, the Forum combats lawful Islamism; protects the freedom of public speech of anti-Islamist authors, activists, and publishers; and works to improve Middle East studies in North America."

The site has issues, looking at it's about me section and considering I read another one of their articles, its quite biased, it implies one way or another Islam is at fault and ignores other causes.
Reply 15
Original post by ugk4life
could you explain the beliefs around apostasty please?

There are 3 opinions with a varying degree of acceptability.

One follows where they get punished in the hereafter.
Other one says they can be punished in this life, but it's more than just leaving Islam, so attacking it.
The last one, is the Wahabi stuff where they just try to kill them.
Reply 16
Original post by harrath
I feel a big factor being ignored here is that the vast majority of Muslims would strongly appose the actions of the men in the video, and one must remember that within every religion there are people who are good and people who are bad. In July of last year a man who reportedly called himself a 'Christian crusader' killed 77 people in Norway however i would not dare to say Christianity is a religion of terrorism. I feel watching a video of a Muslim kill someone does not support your claim that Islam is a religion with 'cancerous ideas'.

Mashallah brother well said!
Reply 17
Original post by Iqbal007
There are 3 opinions with a varying degree of acceptability.

One follows where they get punished in the hereafter.
Other one says they can be punished in this life, but it's more than just leaving Islam, so attacking it.
The last one, is the Wahabi stuff where they just try to kill them.

ok thanks, i had previously thought death penalty was given.
Reply 18
Original post by ugk4life
ok thanks, i had previously thought death penalty was given.

Well there are different opinions......though the extreme one is on the rise, cos these extremist keep following this movement which has started in the last 100 years and since it's beginning, Muslims have been against them. Problem is that they are related to the House of Saud who control Mecca and Medina.
Bad day for Muslim PR.
Meanwhile in other news.....Just seen on the BBC, another six Asian men on trial in Burnley for raping a white girl in Nelson. :frown:

Quick Reply