The Student Room Group

Help! A-level art observational drawing.

Hi all,
I'm currently an A-level art student and for my final major project I have chosen mental illness. I have my artists sorted but part of my grade is observational drawing which I'm really stuck on "/. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do? Thanks.
Theia.
you could get a friend to pose in such a way that could reflect a mental illness - for example their head in their hands for something like depression. you could also draw details of things like closed fists and closeups of eyes etc to show emotions. that's what i would do anyway :smile:
Reply 2
They're good idea, I really like the idea with eyes and other features :smile: I'll give that a go thanks :smile: let me know if you think of anything else :smile: x
What kind of things have you done for the rest of the project? Which artists are you looking at? Would help if you could link your observational drawings to these things in some way. For example, if you were looking at Da Vinci, anatomical drawings of the brain/skull would be appropriate, but if you were looking at Lucian Freud, an observation of a person posing would make more sense :smile:
Reply 4
A withered, old looking hand
A man screaming, wide eyes, grasping his hair/head
A ripped teddy bear
A hospital bed with cage like bars around it
A skull
A face having a stroke
A box of pills open, scattered pills
A hospital building

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending