The Student Room Group

AQA A2 BUSS3, 13 June 2013

hi - i am sitting the unit 3 business exam aqa in June 2013 so could anyone help me by telling me what they think will come up please.
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Khilen
hi - i am sitting the unit 3 business exam aqa in June 2013 so could anyone help me by telling me what they think will come up please.
Thanks

Exam technique is essential to BUSS3. I would highly suggest doing a 34 marker and seeing how you get on!
Reply 2
Is this the communications exam? With the practical on the computer? I really struggle with this exam , I don't understand what to revise !! help please !!
Original post by Galea96
Is this the communications exam? With the practical on the computer? I really struggle with this exam , I don't understand what to revise !! help please !!

I think you've got the wrong exam board...
Reply 4
I'm bricking it. All my focus has been on history.....!
Reply 5
The thing i hate about this exam is that its all about exam technique. Trying to practice the 18 mark and 36 mark essay structures is a bit difficult because i have absolutely no idea how to mark these bloody papers!!
Reply 6
Original post by Infamous12
The thing i hate about this exam is that its all about exam technique. Trying to practice the 18 mark and 36 mark essay structures is a bit difficult because i have absolutely no idea how to mark these bloody papers!!

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/maximise-your-marks-in-buss3

It's worth taking a look into that.

I am dreading this paper! I need an A to get my B. I haven't even gone through the damn content yet.
Reply 7
Relly hoping critical path analysis doesnt come up, but it came up in january so i wouldnt assume they would ask the same topic back to back? But you never know!
Reply 8
Original post by Infamous12
Relly hoping critical path analysis doesnt come up, but it came up in january so i wouldnt assume they would ask the same topic back to back? But you never know!

Hi yeah I don't think it will come up, however they could put it in the case study to use in the report. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by jacktomos95
Hi yeah I don't think it will come up, however they could put it in the case study to use in the report. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi - to be fair after looking through the past papers i see its not really about how much content you know because all the answers you give has to be picked out from the case study.

Does anyone know what else came up in Jan 2013.

Thanks
Original post by Khilen
Hi - to be fair after looking through the past papers i see its not really about how much content you know because all the answers you give has to be picked out from the case study.

Does anyone know what else came up in Jan 2013.

Thanks

Yeah it's all about technique. Critical path came up, influences in the marketing budget and factors effecting HR plan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by jacktomos95
Yeah it's all about technique. Critical path came up, influences in the marketing budget and factors effecting HR plan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got A's in buss 1 and buss2 so does anybody know what i will have to get in Buss3 and Buss4 to get an A overall
Could you give us tips for getting an A in Buss2

Posted from TSR Mobile
hiya guys! im really struggling with exam technique and im at my wits end with business studies.
Does anyone know a good structure for every single question and how I can high enough marks to get an A?
Reply 14
Original post by coolgirl1999
hiya guys! im really struggling with exam technique and im at my wits end with business studies.
Does anyone know a good structure for every single question and how I can high enough marks to get an A?

This article on Tutor2U is fantastic, going extremely in depth on BUSS3 exam technique.
Reply 15
I'm doing this exam too but I have a feeling something on financial accounts might come up :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Reply 17
Original post by Gerrie
I'm doing this exam too but I have a feeling something on financial accounts might come up :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

What could come up in regards to that?
Reply 18
Original post by Khilen
What could come up in regards to that?

Balance Sheets, Working Capital, Depreciation and Income Statements.
I'm betting on investment appraisal coming up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply