The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
DazzYa6
you didn't seem to when frances queried you on something about it

yes i am carr,cookie and dazya.......

you still have answered me how old are you - it certainly appears that you are not my age ( 18 )

No - coz we've covered this before! and you've PMed me and asked me to marry you on a thread - I think you know how old I am!

I'm 28 for those who care (I'm guessing no one!) I have a degree in Genetics, a D.Phil in cancer Research and a place to study Medicine in 2004.

My aquaintance at college is a history grad, doing an acheology based DPhil, and is doing A-Level Chem and Biol in a year at the moment.....
Reply 41
Fluffy
No - coz we've covered this before! and you've PMed me and asked me to marry you on a thread - I think you know how old I am!

I'm 28 for those who care (I'm guessing no one!) I have a degree in Genetics, a D.Phil in cancer Research and a place to study Medicine in 2004.

My aquaintance at college is a history grad, doing an acheology based DPhil, and is doing A-Level Chem and Biol in a year at the moment.....

lol by that time i would have graduated ^^
Reply 42
DazzYa6
i applied to dentistry at queen mary, manchester, liverpool, and sheffield and got all 4 offers - and my interviews sucked ( apart from the liverpool one )

And you don't know what Max Fac is? Scary

It's Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.....
Reply 43
Fluffy
And you don't know what Max Fac is? Scary

It's Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.....

how the hell is that scary? LOL i've never come across it in my life and i asked a friend and he didn't know about it either!
Reply 44
DazzYa6
how the hell is that scary? LOL i've never come across it in my life and i asked a friend and he didn't know about it either!

Hmm.. so did you do much research on dentistry before applying???

Where are you acceptimg as firm?
Reply 45
DazzYa6
lol by that time i would have graduated ^^

And if you were going into Medical or clincial oncology, as I wish to do, you'll be sweating trying to a) make sure you intercalate, and b) be trying to get someone to take you on as a PhD/D.Phil/MD student to gain the nec. research quals to get to consultant.....

Swings and roundabouts my friend, swings and roundabouts!
Reply 46
Fluffy
Hmm.. so did you do much research on dentistry before applying???

Where are you acceptimg as firm?

yes i researched about it but never come across MaxFac!!! i even went to some open days and it didn't crop up not once

Liverpool: Firm Manchester: Ins ( should be the other way around but i fell in love with liverpool and manchester has a very high offer )
Reply 47
Fluffy
And if you were going into Medical or clincial oncology, as I wish to do, you'll be sweating trying to a) make sure you intercalate, and b) be trying to get someone to take you on as a PhD/D.Phil/MD student to gain the nec. research quals to get to consultant.....

Swings and roundabouts my friend, swings and roundabouts!

lol, no after i graduate i will practice my profession and not study for any further qualifications ^^

period.
Reply 48
DazzYa6
lol, no after i graduate i will practice my profession and not study for any further qualifications ^^

period.

That's honorable. It shows you're interested in grass roots dentistry, and not a career in the bigger bucks margin.

For info, you might find this helpful for Max Fac info etc...
http://www.baoms.org.uk
Reply 49
Fluffy
That's honorable. It shows you're interested in grass routes dentisrty, and not a career inthe bigger bucks margin.

For info, you might find this helpful for Max Fac info etc...
http://www.baoms.org.uk

i think i'll be on a good salary after i graduate thanks, especially if i work in private practice for the NHS
Reply 50
DazzYa6
i think i'll be on a good salary after i graduate thanks, especially if i work in private practice for the NHS

I'm not saying you won't, but it's not the upper end of the pay scale is it. Nor is it 'status' dentistry. I really admire that.
Reply 51
Fluffy
I'm not saying you won't, but it's not the upper end of the pay scale is it. Nor is it 'status' dentistry. I really admire that.

lol i know - dentistry is very good money
Reply 52
Out of interest, which are percieved as the prestigous dental schools.

I realise that it's probably like medicine, in that a degree is a degree and it's what you do post-qualification that counts, but as Oxbridge don't offer dentistry courses, is there a 'big two' amongst thoses that do offer the degree?
Reply 53
Fluffy
Out of interest, which are percieved as the prestigous dental schools.

I realise that it's probably like medicine, in that a degree is a degree and it's what you do post-qualification that counts, but as Oxbridge don't offer dentistry courses, is there a 'big two' amongst thoses that do offer the degree?

in direct answer to your question, a degree in dentistry is a degree in dentistry and it is up to you where you go to do it and what you are happy with - reason i picked Liverpool was because the accomodation is damn sexy and the interview went well.... the nightlife is excellent and the people are friendly
Reply 54
DazzYa6
in direct answer to your question, a degree in dentistry is a degree in dentistry and it is up to you where you go to do it and what you are happy with - reason i picked Liverpool was because the accomodation is damn sexy and the interview went well.... the nightlife is excellent and the people are friendly

..I thought as much :wink:
Reply 55
Fluffy
..I thought as much :wink:

so after you qualify, and i qualify we'll live together and you can be my partner and..... NOT have kids
Reply 56
DazzYa6
so after you qualify, and i qualify we'll live together and you can be my partner and..... NOT have kids

Kids are soo not on my agenda! Plus I think my ohterhalf might have something to say about that! :tongue:
Reply 57
Fluffy
Kids are soo not on my agenda! Plus I think my ohterhalf might have something to say about that! :tongue:

pfffffffft

i don't want to have kids either =/
Reply 58
fluffy seems too ambitious to have kids

yet, i would say i'm ambitious and i'd love to have 4! doubt that would ever be possible though
Reply 59
Butterfly
fluffy seems too ambitious to have kids

yet, i would say i'm ambitious and i'd love to have 4! doubt that would ever be possible though

:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending