The Student Room Group

what documents do i need for my driving test?

I know that you need both parts of your license, but is there anything else you need as I have my test later this afternoon, Thanks.
Reply 1
theory test certificate :smile:

Good luck!!
I've just did this 1 hour ago and passed. You need your theory certificate, booking reciept, provisional license and make sure you have your tax disc displayed in your window!
Reply 3
TwirlGirl
theory test certificate :smile:

Good luck!!

Thanks, I've been looking on the DVLA site but couldn't find any info on what you needed to take.
Reply 4
Freerider101
I've just did this 1 hour ago and passed. You need your theory certificate, booking reciept, provisional license and make sure you have your tax disc displayed in your window!

Whats the booking receipt, I don't think I have one of those?
Reply 5
You'll need both parts of your licence, your theory test pass certificate and a kind examiner.... :-) Good Luck!

Just looked at Direct Gov website, they are also stating that you must bring the booking confirmation letter or a printout of the confirmation e-mail, bring it just in case!
Reply 6
AgentSushi
Thanks, I've been looking on the DVLA site but couldn't find any info on what you needed to take.

lol you didn't look very hard did you :p:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/PracticalTest/DG_4022541

* an appropriately insured and licensed vehicle, displaying L-plates (except for taxi and Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) part two tests), that is suitable for the purpose of the test
* the appropriate theory test pass certificate (or confirmation) if you are not exempt; for lorry or bus theory tests, you'll need to bring both your multiple choice and hazard perception pass letters or your overall theory test pass certificate letter
* your appointment letter or a printed version of your email confirmation
* both parts of your photo card licence - if you don't take both parts of your licence, your test will not take place and you'll lose your fee
* if you have an old-style paper licence, you must take your signed driver licence and a valid passport - no other form of photographic identification will be accepted
* for both modules of the motorcycle test you must present your compulsory basic training certificate (CBT)
* for module two of the motorcycle test you must present your motorcycle module one test pass certificate
AgentSushi

When you book your test, or whoever booked it for you should have been given one when you've paid for the test.
Reply 8
AgentSushi

It's basically the confirmation email. Dont worry if you dont bring it though, mine wasn't checked, nor was any of my friends'.
AgentSushi

probably an email sent after you booked it, and make sure you have you tax disk on your car (if you're using your own car), i couldn't take my bike test because someone had stolen mine:mad: , lost my money aswell.
Reply 10
I have had three tests (thankfully no more now :biggrin:) and I did not take my theory certificate or booking confirmation email. This was at two different test centres. I just took my paper counterpart and actual license.

You definitely don't need the email, as I didn't even get one for one of my tests and I sent an email to the DVLA. They responded a day after my test (useful.. ) with:
"Thank you for your email dated 14 February.

I can confirm that the confirmation letter or email is sent for your own records. You do not have to bring it to the test with you.

The documentation required at the test is both parts of the provisional licence (photocard licence and paper counterpart) or, if a candidate has an old style paper licence, a valid passport. A CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) pass certificate if a motorcycle test. No other forms of ID will be acceptable."
Hello, please can someone help?

I am taking my test in my own car. How do I prove that my car is insured, Mot'd and taxed. Do I have to take insurance documents, MOT certificate (lost).

My car is taxed online now, so I don't have a tax disc?

Thank you
Original post by suzanne boyd
Hello, please can someone help?

I am taking my test in my own car. How do I prove that my car is insured, Mot'd and taxed. Do I have to take insurance documents, MOT certificate (lost).

My car is taxed online now, so I don't have a tax disc?

Thank you

You don't need anything. Just bring your phone and driving license. Store your MOT certificate on your phone - since that's all you need. You can show your vehicle is taxed and MOT'd online as well. Tax disc is no longer required, has been phased out for a while now.
Reguarding the booking reciept I don't have access to printer so can I show this on my mobile phone in email thanks as I have my test tomorrow
Original post by Naylor1991
Reguarding the booking reciept I don't have access to printer so can I show this on my mobile phone in email thanks as I have my test tomorrow

You don't need to take your booking receipt unless its changed since February? I just took both parts of my provisional and my theory certificate. They didn't even check the theory certificate though, but take it anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest