The Student Room Group
Reply 1
EDIT: in my signature...it says "leaning more towards bristol"...that was from ages ago lol!

i really should change that to "god gimme a sign to help me decide!"
Reply 2
kcl 1 - 0 bristol

lol!
Reply 3
hermaphrodite
Go to KCL - much better than Bristol. No doubt about it . and bristol sounds boring - i havent been there though so don't take my word for it

I read some of your posts in the law forum. You actually talk out of your anus.

KCL much better than Bristol? Are you having a laugh? Do you actually know anything about dentistry? Or are you just going around random subjects making assertions about things you know nothing about?

Kings is not "much better" than Bristol at anything. If you look at the Times subject table, King's comes 2nd and Bristol 9th. They both have 5* RAE ratings.

So in answer to your question, the difference is minimal. Bristol is a beautifully picturesque city, London is well London, and we all know what that entails. Go to where you feel you will be happier. They are both excellent universities.

In terms of overall reputation Bristol probably has the edge, but again there's not a huge amount to choose.

I'm sure you would enjoy both. They are both in wonderful locations in their own way!
Reply 4
OMG!!!!
im having kinda the same situation!!! its a nytmare!!! i gta pick between LEEDS and KCL!!!
i chnge my mind every THREE minutes!!! and the worst thng is iv got a gut feeln for BOTH the places ='(
who thought getting the offers was the hard bit...picking is even worse!!! =(
Reply 5
King's is multi-campus, I think as a dental student you get exposed to more at King's due to the area it's located in, multiethnic, gentrification etc.

I haven't checked Brizzle (didn't apply there) so I can't really comment on it.

Plus the view from the Dental Institute from Denmark Hill is brilliant!
Reply 6
Adam "Kings is not "much better" than Bristol at anything. If you look at the Times subject table, King's comes 2nd and Bristol 9th. They both have 5* RAE ratings."
mate, surely if KCL is 2nd and briz is 9th, then KCL is much better than briz? considering there are only 13 dental schools in the UK.
Kez, u know where i think u should go!
Reply 7
forget the league tables! at the end of the day..where are you gona smile? huh? where are you gona wake up....and love to be there? where do you think you'll actually get the "uni experience?" welll...in my opinion...since i've known you..its always been brizzle! (leme be a bit cheesssyyyy...here..but answer this..wher was it love at first sight?...yup! go there!)
Reply 8
nirav is rite kings is waaaaaaay better, but most importantly waaaaaaaaay better than bristol. Howeva kings is very ethnically sided and when i mean that i mean its got soooooooooo many asians, ESPECIALLY DENTISTRY!!! if u wana go to a uni where most of your friends are going to be indian then come to kings and hey join the diwali show, but i remember alot of my friends from college who went bristol were like the type who got rejected from bristol and wanted to sit at the pub n play their acoustic guitar.
Reply 9
Ok, so there seems to be a definate lack of dental students bigging up the Bristol here!

I had the same problem choosing between the two, but at my interview I was seriously looked after at Bristol - the lecturers and older students really made a huge effort to get to know you.

In terms of course, Bristol is going through a major overhaul, the entire Dental Hospital is being refurbished and is majorly brand new! Very cool, and we are getting to see patients very early now, which is awesome!

In terms of city, Bristol is of course much smaller than London. 1 in 8 people in central Bristol will be a student! You are always bumping into people you know, and the best bit is that everything is in walking distance, or a short bus, so that you feel very close to the city!

And finally social scene is immense - everywhere is geared up for students if you look for it! Very cheap nights out can be had!

Hope this helps! Big up the Brizzle!
Reply 10
Nirav1
Adam "Kings is not "much better" than Bristol at anything. If you look at the Times subject table, King's comes 2nd and Bristol 9th. They both have 5* RAE ratings."
mate, surely if KCL is 2nd and briz is 9th, then KCL is much better than briz? considering there are only 13 dental schools in the UK.
Kez, u know where i think u should go!

Anyone who takes league tables seriously is an idiot.
Reply 11
stepheh
Anyone who takes league tables seriously is an idiot.

LOL!
Reply 12
thanks for all ur help!...ive chosen bristol for now!!

but kcl open day is coming up...im gonna try and be strong...but im usually easily swayed haha!

thanks again to everyone who gave their opinion!

Latest