The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
Right.. I know we are supposed to ask you first before buying but I only just noticed this thread. So do you think this is worth it I have only just ordered it.
PACKARD BELL 2579 Reconditioned PC Base Unit
# Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6300
# 1.86GHz, 1GHz FSB, 2MB Cache
# Microsoft Windows Vista Premium
# 1GB DDR RAM
# 250GB Hard Drive
# Multi-Format Dual Layer DVD RW Drive
# 512MB Hyper Memory ATi Radeon X1600
# 8-in-1 Media Card Reader
# 6 USB Connections
# 2 PCI Slots

Yeah Ok, its reconditioned but personally I think this is a really good buy (provided there is nothing wrong with it once I get it started up). Apparently it is a pc that is returned by a customer but it is checked professionally. THE PRICEL £279.99
I can get a (awesome) TFT 19" Hanns monitor £119.99 delivered. So what do you think
ok firstly its packard bell (big nono) secondly its even crapper cos its been "refurbished" so i would have though it messed up they reparied it then flogged it to you lol hmm the price does look good tho actually,
Lefty_P
Right.. I know we are supposed to ask you first before buying but I only just noticed this thread. So do you think this is worth it I have only just ordered it.
PACKARD BELL 2579 Reconditioned PC Base Unit
# Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6300
# 1.86GHz, 1GHz FSB, 2MB Cache
# Microsoft Windows Vista Premium
# 1GB DDR RAM
# 250GB Hard Drive
# Multi-Format Dual Layer DVD RW Drive
# 512MB Hyper Memory ATi Radeon X1600
# 8-in-1 Media Card Reader
# 6 USB Connections
# 2 PCI Slots

Yeah Ok, its reconditioned but personally I think this is a really good buy (provided there is nothing wrong with it once I get it started up). Apparently it is a pc that is returned by a customer but it is checked professionally. THE PRICEL £279.99
I can get a (awesome) TFT 19" Hanns monitor £119.99 delivered. So what do you think

that's not a bad price for some alright spec, actually.
Reply 1963
Yeah, not bad for the price as long as it comes with warranty.
Reply 1964
Yeah, it comes with 12 Months warranty. I looked everywhere and couldn't find what I was looking for, for under £420.
12 months warranty with that is pretty good.
ordered today :biggrin: :biggrin:

Elite Premier-SP
System Base Price: £ 509.79
Intel® Coreâ„¢ 2 Duo E6600 Dual Core Processor(2.40GHz,4MB Cache,1066MHz) [upg £ 45.00]
Genuine Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium Edition
Digital & Analogue TV Tuner PCI Card
Mini-Tower Micro ATX Case +250W PSU - Black
PCI-Express Mainboard - Pentium® D/Core™ 2 Duo - Micro ATX
4GB DDR2 667MHz Memory -( 4x 1GB ) [upg £ 100.00]
500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer
LightScribe Super Format 18x Dual Layer DVD Writer +R/-R/RW/RAM
256MB nVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT - DVI, HDTV, TV-Out
19" Widescreen LCD TFT Display with internal speakers
5.1 High Definition onboard sound card - 6 Channel Cinema sound
Logitech Cordless Keyboard & Cordless Optical Mouse
Free Microsoft® Works® 8.5 + 60 Days Microsoft Office Trial
Free Cyberlink Video Editing Suite - 7 titles (oem)
BullGuard Internet Security 7.0 -AntiVirus/Firewall/Backup/Spamfilter - 90 day trial
6x USB 2.0 Ports (8x possible on motherboard)
1x Gigabit LAN (onboard)
Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter - External (F5D7050UK) [upg £ 17.02]
Multi-format Memory Card Reader
Silver - 1 Year On Site Service - UK Mainland Only (Home Service)

got the 4mb ram and 2.4ghz processor
all for a grand total of.... *drum roll*
wasn't ripped off was I? :biggrin:
thanks to whoever suggested meshcomputers as well!
4GB RAM? what for?
olileauk
4GB RAM? what for?

I have no idea.. just 2 more gb to do with what ever ram does! :redface:
Reply 1969
samsam123
I have no idea.. just 2 more gb to do with what ever ram does! :redface:

There is no reason to have 4Gb of ram yet, you will be fine with 2gb

Also the Gfx is kind of crappy :rolleyes:
Harv616
There is no reason to have 4Gb of ram yet, you will be fine with 2gb

Also the Gfx is kind of crappy :rolleyes:

it will play the latest games wont it? :smile:
Not at full detail, and for the price of that system you'd expect it to.
personally I would have got less RAM and a better graphics card, but each to their own, eh?
olileauk
personally I would have got less RAM and a better graphics card, but each to their own, eh?

yea i guess but its better than where I first started!
:smile:
oh come on, the 8600 GTS at least :P
Bleached
oh come on, the 8600 GTS at least :P

well its nearly there :wink:
Reply 1976
I hate my new laptop. Even though I am speaking this to my computer and it is writing it down for me. Yes I know any computer can do this.

Raite, enough of the talkin.. ITS CRAP!!

Ok, maybe i am bein a little hastey here, but I have already (after only gettin it yesterday (sat)) had to format the damn thing twice!! and had 4 BSOD's cos of driver errors...

I am sending it back to HP to be fixed.. - actually, they are comming to collect it!! wohoo!

Apart from it only have two problems - just remembered I did not talk about them.. - everything works fine! I love it otherwise!!

The problems are as follows.. built in camera does not want to work, even with numourus fixes and patches.. also... now here is the thing that confuses me... THE CD DRIVE WONT WORK!! How stupid is that?!!?

I was looking forward to using lightscribe for the first time, but noo... the drive has not been detected!! wtf is goin on there?

Anyway, rant over... I love the touch screen and to sign in to anything, I just swipe my finger...

For the people who still have to realised what im on about, its the TX1150EA I was on about earlier... lol

bye :smile:
webcam & DVD drive work fine in my laptop (dv2530ea) though i haven't got around to testing lightscribe.

that's unlucky.
Reply 1978
samsam123

256MB nVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT - DVI, HDTV, TV-Out

Ewww, ewww..... Why?! lol. That's the only thing that lets your PC down.

I'm building a PC for a mate of mine at the moment. 600 quid and he's getting an 8800GTS (320mb) and an e2160 (I know what you're thinking) - but don't dismiss that proccy. Armed with a decent mobo (in this case the EVGA 650i Ultra) it becomes a beast. Currently it's clocked at 3.2ghz - beating out an x6800 in everything :smile:
v-zero
Ewww, ewww..... Why?! lol. That's the only thing that lets your PC down.

I'm building a PC for a mate of mine at the moment. 600 quid and he's getting an 8800GTS (320mb) and an e2160 (I know what you're thinking) - but don't dismiss that proccy. Armed with a decent mobo (in this case the EVGA 650i Ultra) it becomes a beast. Currently it's clocked at 3.2ghz - beating out an x6800 in everything :smile:

umm, not a word of it :s-smilie:
sorry but aload of gibberish to me :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending