Looking for a training/study buddy? [New Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
RAF/Navy/Army: Navy
Officer or Trade: Officer
Branch: Warfare
Stage of recruitment: Pre-application fitness training
Willing to Travel for sessions: Yes within 20 miles

Hey iam looking for someone to train with just to get my fitness up to a good level before I put in my application which I plan to do at the end of August. Then maybe to go on and do some exam prep but iam happy to train with anyone how is training to get into any of the serivces.

Kass
RAF/Navy/Army: Navy
Officer or Trade: Royal Marine Officer
Stage of recruitment: Pre-Medical & PJFT
Willing to Travel for sessions: Within reason

Opening myself to abuse here, but bitter ex-STAB seeks training partner for fitness, AIB/POC prep and general banter. If you're in the area, give us a shout.
Reply 82
RAF/Navy/Army: RAF
Officer or Trade: AMM
Stage of recruitment: Interview on 16/08/11
Willing to Travel for sessions: Depends

Looking for someone to do fitness training with.
Reply 83
RAF/Navy/Army: Army
Officer or Trade: TA Officer -> Regular Officer
Branch: Arty (TA) -> Intelligence (?) (Regulars)
Stage of recruitment: Phase 1 Training / Pre-AOSB
Willing to Travel for sessions: Nope

My fitness is fine and I'm not exactly looking for help with selection. It would be interesting to share a beer if you're near Southampton though.
Reply 84
RAF/Navy/Army: Army & RAF
Branch: AAC or Flight Operations
Stage of recruitment: Passed Briefing

Previously selected for Aircrew Officer training in the Royal Navy, but de-bunked on medical grounds, so now applying to RAF (Flight Ops Officer) & Army (Pilot or Aviation Support Officer) while I'm at Staffordshire University.
Officer or Trade: Trade
Branch: Parachute Regiment
Stage of recruitment: Pre BARB test
Willing to Travel for sessions: about 30 miles

help needed for fitness such as press ups heaves and the 1.5 mile run and also for information about the Medical and extra information
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by DeathGuardElite
Branch: Parachute Regiment
Stage of recruitment: Pre BARB test
Willing to Travel for sessions: about 30 miles

help needed for fitness such as press ups heaves and the 1.5 mile run and also for information about the Medical and extra information

Get in touch with your local TA squadron and ask if you can join in with their phys/fitness tests? Looks amazing for iniative and proactiveness when it comes to your interview and you will have the opportunity for someone to advise you on all of the above. I did this last year and they were very helpful, if one squadron won't help try another! Just remember, they'd be doing you a favour so lots of pleases. Good luck!
Original post by teasin_tina
Get in touch with your local TA squadron and ask if you can join in with their phys/fitness tests? Looks amazing for iniative and proactiveness when it comes to your interview and you will have the opportunity for someone to advise you on all of the above. I did this last year and they were very helpful, if one squadron won't help try another! Just remember, they'd be doing you a favour so lots of pleases. Good luck!

Only TA units around here are either Artillery or Armour so it wont help me at all as i need Para style :/
Original post by DeathGuardElite
Only TA units around here are either Artillery or Armour so it wont help me at all as i need Para style :/

They do the same initial fitness test though surely and if it's your positioning for press ups etc that you're worried about they could advise. It still may be useful to you if only for the fitness side and still looks good on you for doing something proactive. It's completely your call but thought I'd suggest it in case it helps :smile:
RAF/Navy/Army: RAF
Branch: Military Police
Stage of recruitment: Re-Application, den-eyed on Medical grounds by Army.
Willing to Travel for sessions: To Southampton and Back (Or in the local Area)

Need assistants in ability to do the run without stopping (Achievable on a Treadmill without stopping at speed 8 - 11 Mins and 20 seconds, however not outside which is what I wish to work on) and possibly more information on the Medical.
Is thread still in Use?
RAF/Navy/Army: RAF, Army
Officer or Trade: Trade possibly officer in the Army
Branch: engineering/ logistics
Stage of recruitment: waiting to be able to re sit AST
Willing to Travel for sessions: yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
This thread seems to have lost momentum but on the off chance someone is looking, see below.

Stage of recruitment: pre-AOSB
Willing to Travel for sessions: Yes… up to a reasonable point.

PM me if interested.
Reply 93
Not sure if this is used a lot anymore but just wanted to say I am currently in the army as a Ammunition Technician (Corporal) and happy to answer any questions people have about army life.

Quick Reply

Latest