The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've had 23 wins and 19 losses so far which I am okay with given that for a few weeks i didn't field proper teams and I have had some awful injuries. This week was terrible though but I'm still 5 - 2 in three of the leagues and in the top few positions.
Reply 2901
This Ravens performance is the worst I have seen. It's actually painful to watch. We seriously need to do something for the remainder of this game or this is going to be a very embarassing loss.
won 3 in a row... now 3-4 :L
Had an awful week fantasy-wise, got spanked in both of my leagues. Now 5-2 TSR and 6-1 in my other.

And the Ravens were truly awful, bar the 4th quarter where they started to get a few things going. Jags D were inspired though, best I've ever seen them play.
I will flip one of my QBs for a WR if someone makes me an offer. I notice some people don't have a QB because they picked Donovan McNabb or something. I have 2 because I am super smart and picked up Painter when Collins got injured.
I have 2 because I do. :awesome:

Kyle Orton is my bench QB.
I don't think I really want a bench QB at this stage. Especially one that isn't starting anymore.
(edited 12 years ago)
Tebow is my bench QB :/
Reply 2908
Original post by The Patriot
Tebow is my bench QB :/

Tebow is the only guy I've seen who can absolutely suck for 3 quarters. Proving all his critics right, and then decide to win in the last 3 minutes.

It was insane. Although there are some games that shouldn't have been allowed to go to overtime, that was definitely one of them!
It was against the our D, bear in mind. Dolphins are a mess right now.
Reply 2910
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
It was against the our D, bear in mind. Dolphins are a mess right now.

True. I've never seen a D that can stop an offence completely for an entire game collapse quite as explosively as that before.
Ngata gonna Lose doesn't have a proper QB and should accept my trade of Eli Manning for Ray Rice. brb going for broke with Painter for the season.
haha just came across 'Tebowing', like planking.

http://tebowing.com/
Patriots Prediction.

Patriots 31 - 24 Steelers.
Patriots Prediction.

Patriots 31 - 24 Steelers.

I'm hoping Steelers win a very very high scoring game as I have players from both sides I need to put up good numbers.
Reply 2915
Smart or stupid?

Buffalo Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick has agreed to terms of a new contract that secures the Harvard graduate as the team's long-term starter, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press.

The extension is valued at $59 million over six years, including $24 million in guaranteed money, team and league sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Fitzpatrick's contract will average $9.987 million during the six years, but $11 million in each of the first three seasons, which often are considered the critical earning years in NFL player contracts.

Fitzpatrick, who had led the Bills to a surprising 4-2 record entering Sunday's game with the Washington Redskins in Toronto, had been scheduled to be a free agent after this season. His base salary this year is $3.195 million, but this deal is expected to include a $10 million signing bonus as part of his new money.

In leading the Bills to their unexpected start, Fitzpatrick has completed 66.3 percent of his passes for 1,477 yards, 12 touchdowns and six interceptions. His QBR rating of 70.9 places him fifth in the NFL, trailing only Aaron Rodgers (85.5), Tom Brady (78.8), Matt Hasselbeck (77.7) and Drew Brees (74.8). His NFL passer rating of 95.2 is also among the league leaders.

Fitzpatrick
Fitzpatrick directs an offense that averages 31.3 points per game, surpassed only by the Packers (32.8) in the NFL. The Bills have scored 30 or more points in their victories over the Chiefs, Raiders, Patriots and Eagles.

With a 13-15 record in Buffalo, Fitzpatrick has been the quarterback for all but one of the Bills victories over the past two-plus seasons.

Fitzpatrick, who will be 29 on Nov. 24, was a 2005 seventh-round draft pick out of Harvard by the St. Louis Rams. He also spent two seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals (2007 and 2008) before signing with the Bills as a backup to Trent Edwards.

He replaced an injured Edwards on Oct. 18, 2009, and eventually was named the starter by then-coach Dick Jauron. Edwards regained the starting job under new coach Chan Gailey at the start of the 2010 season, but Fitzpatrick took the job back and made 13 starts before Gailey settled on him as a permanent starter.

Gailey, in his second year as the Bills' coach, declared prior to the NFL draft in April that he believed the team could win with Fitzpatrick if it did not draft a quarterback. When Cam Newton went first overall to the Carolina Panthers, the Bills passed on all other projected premium quarterbacks in the draft.

Fitzpatrick becomes Buffalo's first starting quarterback to renew a contract with the team since Doug Flutie in 1999. That's a reflection of the difficulty the franchise has had at that position, which has remained in flux since Hall of Famer Jim Kelly retired following the 1996. Previous starters over that stretch included Drew Bledsoe, J.P. Losman and Edwards.
Original post by paddy__power
I'm hoping Steelers win a very very high scoring game as I have players from both sides I need to put up good numbers.

definitely possible but I think the Pats Offense is too good for the Steelers D hence win.
definitely possible but I think the Pats Offense is too good for the Steelers D hence win.

You may be correct, but I half support the Steelers so hope you're not :tongue:
Original post by Samung
Smart or stupid?

Signing up Fitzpatrick is maybe a tad premature - even though I think he's a pretty good QB and it is probably a fair deal all in all, it didn't take many games to warrant that contract. With that said, he would've been an FA at the end of the season so it makes sense to get him settled there before someone else could take him, so what else could they have done? He won't be an Elite QB, he'll be behind Brady in that division, but he can be seen as a franchise QB, something the Bills haven't had in a while.

Hopefully, if the Phins get Luck in the draft, we'll better both the Pats and Bills in the QB department in future. In future, Brady's only get older and probably worse....eventually, right?.
Reply 2919
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
Signing up Fitzpatrick is maybe a tad premature - even though I think he's a pretty good QB and it is probably a fair deal all in all, it didn't take many games to warrant that contract. With that said, he would've been an FA at the end of the season so it makes sense to get him settled there before someone else could take him, so what else could they have done? He won't be an Elite QB, he'll be behind Brady in that division, but he can be seen as a franchise QB, something the Bills haven't had in a while.

Hopefully, if the Phins get Luck in the draft, we'll better both the Pats and Bills in the QB department in future. In future, Brady's only get older and probably worse....eventually, right?.

Yeah, the bills haven't convince me yet that they're for real---and they don't have a deep bench at all. Even though Ryan hasn't been bad, I still don't know if I would have signed--but I guess with the lack of talented QBs they really didn't have a choice.

So are a "Suck for Luck" guy?

Latest