The Student Room Group

Journalism Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by lauren_a
It'll be my insurance if I get an offer from Sheffield. If not, my firm :smile: You?

I applied for Sheffield too! Yeah it's my first choice, and Sheffield Hallam is my insurance :smile: X
Reply 41
Original post by Fruitcake_OX
Howdy,

So is anyone else doing Journalism in 2012,

Where are you applying,
What subjects/grades did you get,
What work experience are you doing,
What sort of course content are you looking for (TV, Radio, Print etc)
Whats your DREAM job!

Would really appreciate feedback, its allways about Medican or Computer Science on TSR so I thought it would be good to create our own feed.

Be good if we could swap ideas and experience and challenge others perspectives :smile:

Where?
UWE, Bristol My top choice! Love the course and the city!
Bournemouth I have an offer and I like it :smile:
Salford I know it's not that good, but it has good facilities though...
Sheffield... I got rejected...

Sibjects/grades
I'm Bulgarian, so you won't understand it... but it's something like ABB or maybe AAB... it depends...

Dream Job
TV presenter or international corespondent somewher :smile:)
Reply 42
Capulet, why do you say Salford is 'not that good'? Its my favourite university option! Not only because of its new facilities at MediaCity, but also because its close to Manchester...

I've got an interview on 16th April for Salford, has anyone else?
Reply 43
Original post by capulet
Where?
UWE, Bristol My top choice! Love the course and the city!
Bournemouth I have an offer and I like it :smile:
Salford I know it's not that good, but it has good facilities though...
Sheffield... I got rejected...

Sibjects/grades
I'm Bulgarian, so you won't understand it... but it's something like ABB or maybe AAB... it depends...

Dream Job
TV presenter or international corespondent somewher :smile:)

Sorry to hear about you getting rejected from Sheffield! Thought they weren't letting people know until Feb :s-smilie:
I think Sheffield's 'not letting anyone know til the UCAS deadline has gone' is for home students only. I'm not sure but all the UK students I know definitely had to endure that agonising wait :p:
Reply 45
Original post by Joshuah
Capulet, why do you say Salford is 'not that good'? Its my favourite university option! Not only because of its new facilities at MediaCity, but also because its close to Manchester...

I've got an interview on 16th April for Salford, has anyone else?

I took a look in the Guardian Ranking and it hadn't achieve some great results. But I chose it exactly because of the same reasons - MediaCity and Manchester : ))

When did you received your interview invitation?

I wish you all good luck with Sheffield! They told me that I don't know enough English, which may be is true... but it sounds strange having in mind that I have C2, which is the highest level you can achieve in a foreign language...

However, I don't regret it at all, because UWE was and still is my top choice : ))
Reply 46
Howdy,

hellooo :smile: Im doing ib though so my grades are in points

Where are you applying
Sheffield, Newcastle, Bournemouth, UCA, LCC

What subjects/grades did you get
Overall, 35 points in IB

What work experience are you doing
Founded and ran my own school paper for two years! Also did drama production where I wrote the script and promoted it and worked at a biggest international student newspaper in Beijing, China.
I do lack really good proper work experience though :frown:

Print!

Whats your DREAM job!
LOADS of travel

And have you guys gotten offers from Sheffield/Newcastle yet?? Major heart attacks here!
Reply 47
[QUOTE="gonchanya;36169237"]
Howdy,

hellooo :smile: Im doing ib though so my grades are in points

Where are you applying
Sheffield, Newcastle, Bournemouth, UCA, LCC

What subjects/grades did you get
Overall, 35 points in IB

What work experience are you doing
Founded and ran my own school paper for two years! Also did drama production where I wrote the script and promoted it and worked at a biggest international student newspaper in Beijing, China.
I do lack really good proper work experience though :frown:

Print!

Whats your DREAM job!
LOADS of travel

And have you guys gotten offers from Sheffield/Newcastle yet?? Major heart attacks here!

I'm pretty sure setting up and running a newspaper for two years counts! How impressive!
Reply 48
[QUOTE="lauren_a;36174599"]
Original post by gonchanya

I'm pretty sure setting up and running a newspaper for two years counts! How impressive!

haha this made me feel better :P im still unsure if they would count it though as it was a school paper. anyway, has anyone heard from sheffield/newcastle recently? x
Reply 49
Original post by apassingfeeling
I think Sheffield's 'not letting anyone know til the UCAS deadline has gone' is for home students only. I'm not sure but all the UK students I know definitely had to endure that agonising wait :p:

ahh have you recieved your offer? i havent heard anything from sheffield :frown: scary stuff
ahh have you recieved your offer? i havent heard anything from sheffield :frown: scary stuff

I did, a few years ago :wink: I'm in my second year at Sheffield ATM. It's now February so you should hear soon!
Reply 51
Original post by apassingfeeling
I did, a few years ago :wink: I'm in my second year at Sheffield ATM. It's now February so you should hear soon!

Haha sorry i missed that :P Im just going to keep my fingers crossed, i absolutely adore the city and the course!
Haha sorry i missed that :P Im just going to keep my fingers crossed, i absolutely adore the city and the course!

Haha that's ok, serves me right for posting in an applicants thread! It's a lovely city and a really good course :smile: good luck!
Reply 53
has anyone received any news? :smile:
Reply 54
Hey, i'm Monica, I want to study journalism and i have applied to:
Sunderland
Westminster
Staffordshire
Edinburgh napier
Central Lancashire
And i have already got unconditional from Sunderland.
How do you think in which university is most worthy to study?
Reply 55
has anyone received any news? :smile:

Nope, none! You?
Hey Everyone,
I'm Chrisni.

Doing the IB.

I've applied to:
Sheffield
Leeds
Central Lancashire
Nottingham Trent
Bournesmouth

I was wondering whether anyone else does the IB here?:tongue:
ohhh... and HAS ANYONE GOTTEN ANY OFFERS FROM LEEDS AND SHEFFIELD? Its torture waiting for the offers. :eek:
Reply 57
Original post by ChubbyWatermelon
Hey Everyone,
I'm Chrisni.

Doing the IB.

I've applied to:
Sheffield
Leeds
Central Lancashire
Nottingham Trent
Bournesmouth

ohhh... and HAS ANYONE GOTTEN ANY OFFERS FROM LEEDS AND SHEFFIELD? Its torture waiting for the offers. :eek:

Aha nobody has got Sheffield yet. Judging from last year, the offers are all likely to be given out on the same day/couple of days...
Reply 58
Original post by lauren_a
Nope, none! You?

hey no not from sheffield :frown: whennnn are they dooiingg this and breaking down the bad news!
Reply 59
Original post by ChubbyWatermelon
Hey Everyone,
I'm Chrisni.

Doing the IB.

I've applied to:
Sheffield
Leeds
Central Lancashire
Nottingham Trent
Bournesmouth

hey :smile: Im doing the IB too, how many points are you on if you dont mind me asking? Im waiting for sheffield now too! haha we all are. and have you gotten your bournemouth offer?

Quick Reply