The Student Room Group

Anders Breivik pleads not guilty. Really?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by dgeorge
Taken out of the report which the video uses

The issue here is a socio-economic one, as opposed to a racial/religious one

oh, i see. so the report blames violent rape on 'socioeconomic' conditions?

why is it that whenever white people are victims of minority crime its always an question of socio economic conditions and not racism and hatred??

norway is a welfare state. the socio economic conditions could not be better. even for the poor. the idea that poverty turns people into violent and racist rapists is just offensive.

i'm sick and tired of hearing these pathetic excuses for blatant anti white racism and violence.

norway opened ups its arm to these immigrants, and this is how they repay the norwegian women?

its sick.
Original post by Namige
I'm not saying what he's doing is right, but he has made a pretty good argument for his case. I believe he is fully sane, but not without an extremely rock solid concience in order to demonstrate his beliefs and ideology.

He also did write tens of thousands of words in his essay regarding his plans so I think he's pretty well informed about all this. More than enough time to think through his future actions and potential consequences(and/or benefits!) hence the seemingly controlled emotion in court.

Dear oh lord. He cites Melanie Philips misquoting Andy Neather, for starters.

Are you some sort of caricature of a teacher? "Hmm, well argued, I suppose, er, good essay. And extra marks for spelling!"
Reply 62
Original post by natchina
please provide the link to the report and i'll take a look.

Here's a link to the one that I article that I used
http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-watch/2011/6/20/pat-condell-claims-all-rapists-in-oslo-are-muslim-immigrants.html

And here's another report which also explains the figures

http://electronicintifada.net/blog/ali-abunimah/debunked-zionist-and-islamophobic-libel-rape-epidemic-muslims-norway
Reply 63
It was self-defence, in his mind. You have to understand that he believes the Labour Party are the enemy. Through his attacks he was attempting to prevent the next-generation of Labour politicians from selling Norway down the river.
Reply 64

why is it that whenever white people are victims of minority crime its always an question of socio economic conditions and not racism and hatred??

norway is a welfare state. the socio economic conditions could not be better. even for the poor. the idea that poverty turns people into violent and racist rapists is just offensive.

i'm sick and tired of hearing these pathetic excuses for blatant anti white racism and violence.

norway opened ups its arm to these immigrants, and this is how they repay the norwegian women?

its sick.

I am amused by the fact that when you I come up with actual, hard facts and figures to dispute the report that you presented, instead of bothering to uncover any information you come up with emotional anecdotal evidence which you have no evidence to back up.

I fully believe that there are some white people who are unjustly blamed due to racism and hatred. This is NOT an excuse, as you seem to be making, for instances when they are justly blame.

Attempt to use some reasoning instead of a knee jerk opinion that is only supported by people's emotions
Reply 65

its sick.

the idea that poverty turns people into violent and racist rapists is just offensive.

It is not an idea, it is a fact borne out by extensive evidence that people on the lowest socio-economic end are far more likely to engage in criminal activities, including violent crimes like rape. Let me point out, this is an OFFICIAL 88 page report which made this assertion, not a random poster on a student website. If you really want to refute that their statistics are WRONG, then I suggest you find some information of your own to back up your claim.

My favourite pub got firebombed by Asian youths in 2003. The police treated it as ... a racist incident.

You're talking utter rubbish. The point being made is that if you adjust crime figures for socio-economic factors, racial groups come out much more even than in the unadjusted figures. And, guess what, they adjust white crime figures too!

No-one says those socio economic figures makes it OK or anything.
Original post by dgeorge
Personally, extremism is extremism - whether left or right wing. But I see your point

I think I garbled my point a bit really, so that's kind of you. The BNP are a mixture of stuff, so they aren't purely extreme right.
Reply 68

ok, thanks for the links. they seem to want to fudge the stats to make it clear that its nothing to do with muslims. i'm not concerned about the religious origins of the rapists, just the fact that non western rapists are targeting european women for rape.

the figures are very clear, those identified are all of non western appearance. they could be european passport holders. but the fact remains that they are non western in appearance.

these links admit that almost 50% of rapes are committed by people of non western (white ) descent.

the non white population of norway is not even close to 50% at this point.

its amazing that ethnic minorities always complain about 'racism', but they do not want to own up to their own forms of violence, which is worse than racism.

these stats are simply outrageous. how can 'non whites' have the cheek to complain about racism when this sort of thing is going on!!
Original post by RyanT
If you think a 16-17-18 year old is a child then you need to stop being a manchild.

They were involved in activities with a political organisation. Politics is about controlling other people. I think it's pretty clear they had an agenda and thought they were invulnerable whilst influencing their society in an evil manner by supporting migration of islamists.

"Supporting migration of islamists".

If you can find me evidence that all the innocent children (and people in general) murdered by Brevik support moral conservatism and the attempt to impose Islam on all spheres of life (going by the simplistic definition of Islamism) then I'll chop my own dick off.

Oh and please care to explain why you feel that if they were Islamists, their murder is somehow justifiable.
colonialism is not the same colonisation.

in 1947 the year before the floodgates were opened, britain was a racially homogenous society. it was 99.99999% ethnic european -- or white. 60 years later its down to less than 90%.

the projections are britain will become majority non european around 2066 -- but even if it takes a few more decades it will still be crime against humanity if it happens.

i say this as someone of mixed heritage myself. i want europe to remain european. if i wanted to live in a non european nation i would move there. i do not want to turn britain into a non european nation just for the benefit of immigrants. it is racist to suggest that europeans should not worry about their own ethnic and cultural dispossession.

"Crime against humanity". "Cultural dispossession". "Colonisation".

You don't have a clue what words mean, do you? No wonder you swallowed that video you posted.
So long as he never walks free again I don't care if he's officially mental or sane
Original post by RyanT
You are wrong to say they are innocent. These were people at a party political event. Politics is about control. I don't really consider their age to be that relevant either.

These people were legitimate targets in a war over the future of society.

He isn't insane either, having a killing instinct isn't the same as insanity. I don't agree with him, but attempting to label him as mentally ill is reminsicent of soviet tactics against dissidents.

You really are one sick human being.
Reply 73
ok, thanks for the links. they seem to want to fudge the stats to make it clear that its nothing to do with muslims. i'm not concerned about the religious origins of the rapists, just the fact that non western rapists are targeting european women for rape.

the figures are very clear, those identified are all of non western appearance. they could be european passport holders. but the fact remains that they are non western in appearance.

these links admit that almost 50% of rapes are committed by people of non western (white ) descent.

the non white population of norway is not even close to 50% at this point.

its amazing that ethnic minorities always complain about 'racism', but they do not want to own up to their own forms of violence, which is worse than racism.

these stats are simply outrageous. how can 'non whites' have the cheek to complain about racism when this sort of thing is going on!!

You conveniently ignored the fact that the same report that you're using also that, when controlled for socio-economic standing, race/origin didn't matter.

However, I'm not sure how we moved from discussing Breivik to talking about immigration

What we should be discussing is how a man was able to mass murder a number of innocent young people, from HIS OWN COUNTRY, and somehow feel that this is "right"

Lets get back on topic, shall we?
He also claims to be part of the Knights Templar, doesn't he? :rolleyes: As far as I was aware there had been two tests of his mental state, one of which concluded he was insane and the other, later test found him sane.

I don't think he's insane. I think he's a dangerous man with dangerous views. But I don't really care what conclusion is reached as long as he's never allowed out, it's not about politics it's about murder. Even if he believed he was acting in "self defense" on the island he killed people with a car bomb, he had no way of controlling who those people would be. He is a murderer and the lowest form of human being.
Original post by jackmikeMon
Any evidence ? Where are you living ? You can't be living in Europe, otherwise you wouldn't have just asked that question.
If you are, then I seriously worry about your perception skills. Look around you, open your eyes!

I'm living in Tower Hamlets. My eyes indeed show me a lot of Muslim Asian people. They also show me pubs open very late, gay pubs and places where women wearing not many clothes dance all night.

sadly they also show me banks charging rip off interest rates, but alas, Islam hasn't got them closed down yet.
Reply 76
Original post by dgeorge
It is not an idea, it is a fact borne out by extensive evidence that people on the lowest socio-economic end are far more likely to engage in criminal activities, including violent crimes like rape. Let me point out, this is an OFFICIAL 88 page report which made this assertion, not a random poster on a student website. If you really want to refute that their statistics are WRONG, then I suggest you find some information of your own to back up your claim.

i may have pointed this out before, but i am a recovering marxist. so i know marxist waffle when i hear it.

instead of reading this 88 page social science marxist waffle, please just tell me how being poor turns a person into a violent rapist?

virtually ALL poor people and not violent rapists. so whats the link exactly?
Is Breivik insane? I don't think so, he has an irrational hatred of a group of people akin to racists, I'd like to know why he hasn't shot any Muslims before. This is all a publicity stunt now, congratulation to Tv1 or whichever news stations have decided to censor some of his speech. He's pleading not guilty for his opportunity to speak and encourage more attacks.

21 years you say? Shocking to hear
Reply 78
i may have pointed this out before, but i am a recovering marxist. so i know marxist waffle when i hear it.

instead of reading this 88 page social science marxist waffle, please just tell me how being poor turns a person into a violent rapist?

virtually ALL poor people and not violent rapists. so whats the link exactly?

It wasn't 88 page social science marxist waffle WHEN YOU AGREED WITH IT.

My I also point out that YOU were the one who introduced the youtube video which (misleadingly) quoted from said same report.

However, now that you have found out that it does not agree with certain of your points, you have now disowned said same report which YOU were responsible for introducing.

I think the waffler here is you. If you want to argue about poverty and crime (personally, you have to be daft to NOT know that there is a link between poverty and crime, particularly violent ones) then I suggest you start another thread. I won't argue with someone who uses a report to prove their point, and then when the said same report disagrees with their views, suddenly disown it.
Reply 79
Original post by dgeorge
It wasn't 88 page social science marxist waffle WHEN YOU AGREED WITH IT.

My I also point out that YOU were the one who introduced the youtube video which (misleadingly) quoted from said same report.

However, now that you have found out that it does not agree with certain of your points, you have now disowned said same report which YOU were responsible for introducing.

I think the waffler here is you. If you want to argue about poverty and crime (personally, you have to be daft to NOT know that there is a link between poverty and crime, particularly violent ones) then I suggest you start another thread. I won't argue with someone who uses a report to prove their point, and then when the said same report disagrees with their views, suddenly disown it.

I posted a mainstream tv news segment that reported on official police data.

What has that got to do with your 88 page report? -- does poverty make non white rapists target white women for rape? is this the gist of the report or what?

( Btw, I agree this is a side issue concerning this thread. I posted the link in response to another posters comments about rape in Norway. Although, maybe these rapes were part of breiviks motivation? I have not read his manifesto so am not sure. )
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending