The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you believe in a superior race?

I find it hard to believe that through evolution of humans the only thing that has changed is skin colour, and to a lesser extent, bone structures. Is it not plausible that the intellectual capacity of certain races has evolved beyond those of others, creating an intellectually superior race?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not really. :s-smilie:
Yes, the 100 metres. It's so much more entertaining that the other races even though it doesn't last nearly as long.
(edited 11 years ago)
Yes but im the only member of it.
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
Yes, the 100 metres. It's so much more entertaining that the other races even though it doesn't last nearly as long.

I tried to like it but I've dished out too much love for the days :colondollar:
Reply 5
Yes different races evolved with different attributes being more prevalent amongst their masses. It is pointless to argue which attributes favor which group because when such information is applied to the individual it means nothing.

The inevitable truth is that as we mix our races more and more those lines will become blurred anyway. Ultimately it is for the better because if we do believe in evolution then we should believe that mixing races will ultimately select the most survivable traits from each race and combine them into the next "superior race".

So to answer your question, the next superior race will be the mixed race.
(edited 11 years ago)
No I believe in the human race.
Superior race, i doubt it, but superior indviduals definitely.

Maybe we should get them to mate, or in the future create clones from their DNA. Imagine an army of Einsteins n:rolleyes:
Original post by ckingalt
Yes different races evolved with different attributes being more prevalent amongst their masses. It is pointless to argue which attributes favor which group because when such information is applied to the individual it means nothing.

The inevitable truth is that as we mix our races more and more those lines will become blurred anyway. Ultimately it is for the better because if we do believe in evolution then we should believe that mixing races will ultimately select the most survivable traits from each race and combine them into the next "superior race".

So to answer your question, the next superior race will be the mixed race.

I think there was a documentary on something similar to this...search for it on 4OD, it is called "Is it better to be mixed race?"
Reply 9
Yes, characteristics vary. I am pretty sure the people evolved depending on circumstances, for instance, the race which went war more often would be much more stronger and quick, however, the extent might be very different, whereas one warrior might use the ability of strength alone another might be skilled at making knifes and would use their quickness and smartness. Therefore, as the human history is more or less the same and for every character you will need another which might be different, so you cannot put two people of the same character together because they don't complete one another, like if they are both really angry and strong they will just end up murdering one another, therefore suggesting that the entire world is more or less the same, a persons capabilities might vary but with practice, these can be sharpered by using the right tools to sharpen them.
A superior race, LIEK ALIENS?

It'd be nice to believe we're not the most advanced species in the universe, but believing in them would be as silly as believing in god/s. So, NAY.

As far as 'races' of humans go, are there differences? Yes. Is there some kind of hierarchy? No. This isn't the 19th century.
Reply 11
Ashkenazi Jews tend to be very intelligent. The Nepalese tend to be brilliant soldiers. Superior in what way? Although genetics might play a part in slight differences of races, such as bone structure and what not, I believe it is rather culture and environment that leads to 'differences' in races.
That someone in the 21st century with access to the internet can be stupid enough to believe this strikes me as odd.
Original post by karateworm
That someone in the 21st century with access to the internet can be stupid enough to believe this strikes me as odd.

So are you saying that evolution has had no effect what so ever on the brain?
Original post by Dont Tread On Me
I find it hard to believe that through evolution of humans the only thing that has changed is skin colour, and to a lesser extent, bone structures. Is it not plausible that the intellectual capacity of certain races has evolved beyond those of others, creating an intellectually superior race?

Intellectual capacity ? How do you quantify something like that ?

Is it the ability to score high on an IQ test ?

That's a very far ranging and vague term, to be honest.
Hell no. We're all equal to one another, regardless of what anybody thinks :smile:

Why the negs?! Do some of you consider yourself better?
(edited 11 years ago)
No everyone is equal :smile:
Reply 17
The Thundercats.
Reply 18
Superior in what way? I think an inuit is probably superior to a toureg tribesman when it comes to withstanding cold temperatures.
Original post by Dont Tread On Me
So are you saying that evolution has had no effect what so ever on the brain?

I'm saying that anyone with a basic grasp on evolution knows that the humans species has existed for a fragment of a second on the evolutionary scale. Biological differences are aesthetic, there is no such thing as race... only different combinations of physical characteristics.

Your half-baked ramblings belong in a stupider time.

Latest