The Student Room Group

How do you manage time?

How do you manage time in problem questions? I'll be having my Land paper in 10 days time and I'm hoping to do problem questions. My question is how do you manage time? I almost always take 1 hour for the first question, 45 mins for 2 and 3rd and I'm left with 30 or less minutes for the last. It always happens to me. Can anyone please help? I'm talking about discussing all the relevant points in time as I'm aiming for 65-70% How much is sufficient and What should I avoid writing?
Reply 1
First of all, DONT PANIC. The most effective way to manage time is by being organized and perhaps the content you write you cut it in terms of being very precise and focused on the question asked. Perhaps, a little plan at the start of each question (2 min max) would help to stick to a specific structure and time.

PRACTIVE IS THE BEST WAY TO MANAGE TIME IN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I'VE LEARNT.
With problem quetions, like with essays, you need to focus on the key points. Right at the start you need to work out what the most important issues are. Make sure you don't spend too much time talking about a peripheral issue and make sure you don't spend too much time on a single point.

The only way to do this is to plan. You should spend at least 5minutes sketching out a plan with rough timings and STICK TO IT. If you start writing without planning properly you will almost certainly spend too much time talking about minor points.

You also need to practice as much as you can. Once you have practiced sticking to 45minutes, you will naturally fit your essays into that time and won't even have to look at the clock to know you are taking too long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending