The Student Room Group

Exam results fear?!

I've had the most dreadful reoccurring nightmares recently about exam results day. Is is just me or is everyone bricking it?:frown:

Scroll to see replies

I haven't been having nightmares, I get that horrible sinking feeling right down to my toes whenever I think about it though.
There really is no point being scared - what was done was done.
Enjoy the summer :biggrin: there's no point thinking about it!
I have had 2 dreams so far and they were so ****ed up I can't explain them lol, I even went to one of them psychics on holiday LOL
I've also been having recurring dreams about results day too...
Reply 6
Deffinitely but I think I am more scared when starting my A level options. The subjects are full on and require waaayyy more work. I keep being told that A levels are SO HARD - which is clearly not motivating :crossedf:
Reply 7
I keep having a recurring nightmare that involves results day and leprosy...Not a good combo :frown:
Reply 8
I've accepted the fact that I haven't got into my firm :smile:
Reply 9
:ottid:
Original post by SJC
I've had the most dreadful reoccurring nightmares recently about exam results day. Is is just me or is everyone bricking it?:frown:

:ottid::ottid: but you might be thinking about it too much. Enjoy the summer while we can before next year starts :eek:
****ting itttttt
I know the feeling well - I vividly remember my dream last year of opening my results to discover the grades: 'F' 'U' 'C' and then a 4th A Level magically appeared with the letter 'K' :lolwut:

Try not to dwell on it too much.
Reply 12
Last night I had a nightmare about being chased through the jungle by the black smoke from Lost.

Also, I hate the phrase "bricking it", therefore I hate you. Sorry.
Reply 13
To quote Daniel Faraday "Whatever happened, happened."

But yeah, I keep having a dream where an old woman chases me, hands me an envelope and it's full of huge red 'E's. I'm really trying not to think about it much though. I'm using this opportunity to catch up with tv shows and keep my mind occupied haha. Every time I think about results day I feel incredibly sick to my stomach.
Reply 14
I don't think about, what's done is done. Enjoy your holiday. Everyone is stressed leading up to exams being stressed and worried after is just dumb.
What I do is hype up my results over the holidays, I can't help imagining if I got A*AB (my highest predictions), so when it gets to result day I am usually disappointed but my actual results.
Reply 16
Original post by Rarrgh
I don't think about, what's done is done. Enjoy your holiday. Everyone is stressed leading up to exams being stressed and worried after is just dumb.

It's easier said and than done. Do you think we enjoy constantly thinking about results day? Or that we can help it?
Reply 17
Original post by JordanS94
I've accepted the fact that I haven't got into my firm :smile:

I accepted this fact during revision :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by Purehakkai
It's easier said and than done. Do you think we enjoy constantly thinking about results day? Or that we can help it?

If you can't stop overly worrying about something you can make no difference in for the next month or so then there's something wrong with you.
Original post by Dbrown18
I accepted this fact during revision :biggrin:

same ... well I thought I got straight A's/A*'s in my first 5 exams my last 2 went terrible ... I'd say low B and a high D :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest