The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Didn't find it particularly nice.

There were a few easy recall questions, but that rest of it was quite demanding, I thought.

Even Section A was quite difficult, and I don't think I scored too highly on each section.
Reply 2
That was killer. The multiple choice was alright, but the written section was just awful. I think I did enough for a B though. Just have to wait and see.
Reply 3
Yeah, I agree with you guys. That paper was ****ing hard...
Well, gotta retake in June then!
I have no hope of getting an overall A if this is bad, so thats my only choice.
Hmmm, thought it was okay; odd bits were a bit unusual but Hopefully still on an A
Reply 5
awful. multiple choice sucked and section B was a nightmare especially that electric field and resistance question. lets pray for nice grade boundaries
Reply 6
Hmm, found section A allright, but section B was horrible. First question, about stationary waves was by far the easiest. Capacitance experiment, i missed out!! Just the wrtiing bit though, not the calcs.

I just hope I've picked up at least 12 marks on section A and 20 marks on section B. The grade boudaries should go down - previous years have been around 70% for an A. I'm just hoping for a B though.

I just hope aqa chem will be easy tommorrow. Need an A in that!!
Reply 7
anyone know how to do that elec field question? i wrote some right rubbish :frown: alsooo, working out how many joules per kg of the reactant ?
Reply 8
Can't remember the electric field question. As for the joules per kg, I just set up a ratio and solved it. Mass of reactants in kg : Joules
Reply 9
It was pretty challenging, yeah. Made a few stupid mistakes, like I forgot that the one about jupiter was given in km not m, and I when converting from MeV to joules i forgot the M, and I couldn't remember how big a fm was. Other than that it was ok really, no problems with the multiple choice I don't think. Hopefully an A considering the previous low boundaries.
Reply 10
What did everyone get for the capacitors question? The voltage when t=0 one.
Reply 11
Could have bee worse I thought.

Anyone interested, here is the multiple guess section (With my answers circled):

Multiple Choice Section PDF

Sorry for the scrumplyness (god word, eh?!)
Reply 12
Pulkpull
It was pretty challenging, yeah. Made a few stupid mistakes, like I forgot that the one about jupiter was given in km not m.

That was a bit nasty of them - to use standard form but also KM... I noticed it but only second time round. Guess fm was -15 as I knew -13 was pico, and came out right...
i forgot the charge of a proton...
mikeleeds
Could have bee worse I thought.

Anyone interested, here is the multiple guess section (With my answers circled):

Multiple Guess PDF

Sorry for the scumplyness (god word, eh?!)

Oh I got some different ones to you... :frown: Crap! Don't worry, those were the ones I was absolutely clueless about so I'm definitely wrong. And one I actually got the right answer but apparently circled the wrong letter!! :mad:

Paper was f*ing hard. I was contemplating breaking my pencil in when the examiner called "5 more minutes". Left loads of blanks in section B :frown: My teacher's right, I'm gonna get an E...
Reply 15
our multiple guesses were almost the same, except i got Boron for 15, and in a moment of mad madness got a whole wavelength instead of half a wavelength . arrgh
Reply 16
My answers to your answers seem quite similar except Q15 i put Boron.

Was not a great exam. I thought it was way harder (section b) than any of the past papers i've done before. I was writing right up to the end which was unusual i my experience. I didn't like the capacitance question at all. Hopefully low mark boundaries.
Reply 17
Section B was the equivalent of taking a sledgehammer and mashing it into my cranium. Honestly, that was an absolute bastard of a paper, and by your answers from section A, i've mucked that up too. For 1 I put C, for 2 I put D, for 9 I put A, 10 I put B, and 15 I put C. So that's... 10/15. Considering i was hitting 13/15 in all the past papers (and trust me, i did them ALL), i'm gutted.
Reply 18
The physics paper wasn't too bad. Section A was quite easy, section B was tough but do-able. The electric field question

When it is perpendicular:
Force acts towards the positive plate; vertical acceleration ; therefore change in vertical velocity; horizontal velocity is constant; electron takes a 'parabolic' trajectory.

The Jupiter Question:
part i) F= -GMm/r^2
F= mw^2r
mw^2r= -GMm/r^2 (w=2pi/T)
Rearrange and simplify to get:
T^2 = (4Pi^2.r^3)/GM

for the last part (mass of jupitar)...u only had to plug the numbers in and get an answer of approx. 1.3x10^27 kg

Capacitance question part A

Large resistance; longer discharging time; low percentage error
Resistance of around 2000 K Ohms (as time constant will be approx. 60 seconds)
Reply 19
mikeleeds
That was a bit nasty of them - to use standard form but also KM... I noticed it but only second time round. Guess fm was -15 as I knew -13 was pico, and came out right...

Yes, I was trying to work it out but forgot about pico. I was planning to go back to it and work it backwards at the end but I didn't have a whole lot of time which is unusual. Pico is -12 by the way, but you got it right anyway!

Latest