The Student Room Group

CIE History AS and A2 answer lengths?

Poll

How many words (approx) are your answers for 25 mark questions for (CIE-History)

Around how much is your ideal answer length for the 25 mark questions? (if its under the time limit)

And while i'm at it, how long are your source based answers? (again under the time limit)
Reply 1
not many people on here do CIE, let alone History. But I normally do around 500 to 700 words ^^
Reply 2
WokSz
not many people on here do CIE, let alone History. But I normally do around 500 to 700 words ^^

Thought i'd try.
Reply 3
SERIOUSLY!?

No one? Oh god.

Okay - anyone tell me how much they would write for a 25mark history question??
Reply 4
Depends what the overall mark for the exam was and how long the exam took, I normally spent a proportional amount of time on each question and kept writing until it was done. IE 60 minutes per 60 mark exam, 20 minutes on a 20 mark question.
Reply 5
Ah, this paper however has like 40 minutes per question or something like that.
Damn.
Reply 6
kash i do cambridge history..and i thought i was all alone :O anyways...i do around 1500 words...in 45 minutes.... which papers are u doing? i did modern european history in AS and am doing American History in A2...what about you?
kash i do cambridge history..and i thought i was all alone :O anyways...i do around 1500 words...in 45 minutes.... which papers are u doing? i did modern european history in AS and am doing American History in A2...what about you?
!!!
Reply 8
fahd_h

Are you joking?

Im doing Paper 1 & 3!

Whaaaat? How can you write that fast?

Got any good links for paper 1?
Reply 9
made_of_fail
!!!

Yeah, now I understand why I was a mark short of an A, I have speed writers to compete with.
Okay- seriously, only 2 people? Waaaah.

Latest