Mill0%
Rousseau2%
Leibniz4%
Pyrrho0%
Socrates7%
Turing2%
Dawkins32%
Total votes: 114
Seeing as the thread about the 'greatest philosopher' has involved many disgruntled views as to who exactly is 'great' I thought I would start a similair poll on the same topic - with a twist

So;

who do you hate trying to read and make sense of?

who do you think is not all that they're cracked up to be?

who doesn't really make any sense?

who just really annoys you?

who got everything so wrong that you are surprised they are still even well known?

Who is so infuriating that they make you just want to punch a passer-by in the face?

Who makes you scream NO NO NO! instead of YES YES YES!

I have tried to pick from the 'usual suspects' of least liked Philosophers and I included Dawkins because he does deal with philosophical issues (even if he lacks the training, rigour and expertise to do so - he still persists nonetheless)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hume - talked out of his arse.
Reply 2
LOL, Nietzsche, arrogant, over-generalising, son of a bitch.

I'm not too fond of Hobbes either...

The worst philosopher is me. It is good to think of oneself as worthless and having the tendency to think of not being able to achieve or grasp the truth of whatever that you are inquiring about.

Self-abasement is the right way.
Reply 4
Just updated the post with a poll - register your views people!

Oh and to CartesianFart; your vote has been registered, I didn't include you on the list because I wanted to give other people a chance to recieve a vote. . .. . :P
Reply 5
Why is Dawkins up there? He's not even a philosopher. He just thinks he can disprove the existence of God through science.

My least favourite has to be Kant, though he's not up there. Overly complicated, abstract, inflexible, and silly.

I mean, the pricniple of universalisation is ridiculous.

Boo to you Kant. Boo.
Reply 6
Plato (Fact)
Reply 7
MrMatthewJamesEyre
Why is Dawkins up there? He's not even a philosopher. He just thinks he can disprove the existence of God through science.

My least favourite has to be Kant, though he's not up there. Overly complicated, abstract, inflexible, and silly.

I mean, the pricniple of universalisation is ridiculous.

Boo to you Kant. Boo.

I included Dawkins because he often barges (unwelcomed) into philosophical discussions and often attempts to style himself as 'one of the gang'
MrMatthewJamesEyre
How about this: Everyone is a philosopher.
Reply 9
Jurisprude
Plato (Fact)

Register your discontent via Socrates (I didn't include both of them for obvious reasons)
Reply 10
Oddjob39A
I included Dawkins because he often barges (unwelcomed) into philosophical discussions and often attempts to style himself as 'one of the gang'

Ok I guess lol.
Reply 11
The worst philosopher has got to be Hitler people. His philosopy on how things should be ended with 50+ million dead.
Reply 12
Oddjob39A
Register your discontent via Socrates (I didn't include both of them for obvious reasons)

Okay. (For the record. Plato via Socrates. (Still a fact))
Reply 13
Frater
The worst philosopher has got to be Hitler people. His philosopy on how things should be ended with 50+ million dead.

Is there a difference between a philosophy and a fanatical [in this case] ideology?
Reply 14
I voted for Derrida. Deliberately obscure ("Of Grammatology..." :wtf: ), and part of that pretentious circle of French intellectuals who harped on about Postmodernism and deconstruction all the time >_>

Hume's funny :laugh:.
Derrida and his obscurantist bull****.
Naranoc
I voted for Derrida. Deliberately obscure ("Of Grammatology..." :wtf: ), and part of that pretentious circle of French intellectuals who harped on about Postmodernism and deconstruction all the time >_>

Hume's funny :laugh:.

Marry me.
Reply 17
Wheres the Wittgenstein option?
The Solitary Reaper
Derrida and his obscurantist bull****.

Seconded (or is that thirded?)
Reply 19
MrMatthewJamesEyre
Is there a difference between a philosophy and a fanatical [in this case] ideology?

Hmm, true. Wiki states that Philosophy is the discipline concerned with questions of how one should live and Ideology is stated as a collective of organized ideas. Although Hitler thought are a matter of Ideology, the collective is of philosophy of how the Germans should live. I guess its all a matter of opinion. To cut it with a thin line, you could say that it is Politically orientated Philosophical ideologies.

Latest

Trending

Trending