The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
LittleMissTwinkle
yup:smile: im going to be starting sixthform this september!

Be careful to try and not end up working too much though. I started on two shifts a week, which was fine and didn't affect my A Levels at all, but after a while I ended up volunteering to do extra shifts all the time and was doing 4 or 5 shifts a week, and it did have an effect on my AS exam results!

It probably sounds stupid, but put school first because you've always got your job in McDonald's, you only get one shot (well two years) at your A Levels. :smile:
:smile: thanks for that NICKYP!
I've just put my application in and I will wait to see if I hear from them
Reply 43
wizard710
I've just put my application in and I will wait to see if I hear from them

Which one did you apply for? I see you live in Newton, lol. :smile:
NickyP
Which one did you apply for? I see you live in Newton, lol. :smile:

Y'know the one opposite the firestation on the way into Warrington
How long did it take for you lot to get contacted after applying?
I did mine Wednesday evening. It says wait a week on the website, I'm just really impatient. :biggrin:
I submitted mine yesterday, (saturday) so I will give it a few days before I check
Reply 47
I got contacted a month after applying... I applied to 4 stores, and 3 STILL haven't got back to me (but the jobs r still being advertised!!!)

Either way, had an OJE yesterday and got offered the job straight after :biggrin:

Actually love it there, such a fast paced environment and the customers just cracked me up non-stop with their lil stories and general petty rudeness lol

Fun Fun Fun! Hard work too tho, especially memorising the milkshake order n stuff...
Reply 48
P2B
Fun Fun Fun! Hard work too tho, especially memorising the milkshake order n stuff...

Because that is clearly the hardest thing about working there! Haha. Well I'm glad you enjoy it. :smile:
nickyP, i'm going on holiday this summer but forgot to mention to McDonalds, how would i go about this? because when i went for the welcome meeting i was told to do it online, but i tried to register but i can't because i don't have a membership number or something - number which can be found on discount card.. so?
LittleMissTwinkle
nickyP, i'm going on holiday this summer but forgot to mention to McDonalds, how would i go about this? because when i went for the welcome meeting i was told to do it online, but i tried to register but i can't because i don't have a membership number or something - number which can be found on discount card.. so?

I tried signing up for 'Our Lounge' after my welcome meeting but because my email address wasn't in their system, I had to wait until they contacted the admin assistant at my store, to verify that I did work there. As soon as that was done, I was able to login to our lounge. Once logged in, go to Mctime and you can apply for time off through there, you can also access your work schedule (although your name might not appear on it whilst you are training) and various other features.
but i don't have a employee number.. and it has a * beside registering, so i can't carry on
LittleMissTwinkle
but i don't have a employee number.. and it has a * beside registering, so i can't carry on

It will be on your employee discount card or on the printout of your work schedule if they have given them to you.
nope i haven't received anything yet.. :|

& im going on holiday in less than a month
Nor me, still waiting on mine
Reply 55
I'm going to my welcome meeting tomorrow - anyone good at explaining what it's like? Guessing like an introduction where you get uniform, rota's and sign paperwork.
LittleMissTwinkle
nope i haven't received anything yet.. :|

& im going on holiday in less than a month

I doubt it will be a problem considering you are only doing one shift a week, it would be different if you were working full-time, as it stands, they only have to find cover for one shift which shouldn't be difficult.
I've resorted to applying to another store near me, in addition to my existing application. This other store pays less though so I hope the first one contact me sooner. :biggrin: Also applied to a few other places because Maccy D's are making me wait for ages.
rt
I'm going to my welcome meeting tomorrow - anyone good at explaining what it's like? Guessing like an introduction where you get uniform, rota's and sign paperwork.

That's basically it. Get a tour of the restaurant, get your uniform, sign forms and do a little food hygiene test. Don't worry if you get any wrong answers, they will tell you the right ones.
Reply 59
LittleMissTwinkle

You won't be able to log onto Our Lounge until you actually start, so if I was you I'd just go in and speak to a manager. They'll have a request book or whatever so that they can write in any time off you need. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending