The Student Room Group

Student Finance payment.

Hi all,

I enroled last Friday at my university. However, ive seen alot of people mentioning having to get your student finance payment letter scanned.

This did not happen to me as nobody asked me, however they did see that i was paying through student finance direct.
When i enroled i had to do it online and when it came to the payment section it already had my ART id entered.

So my question is, will I get my payment still or should i have had my letter scanned?
Some universities trigger the payment automatically :smile:
Reply 2
Ok thanks!

On the student finance site, what should it say next to the payments?
Mine says approved, but should it say something else if they have paid me?
Reply 3
says submitted wen paid
Reply 4
ok i better ask Uni tommorow then. Thanks.
Yeah i took mine to get scanned but they didn't need it they said, apparently it was all on the system already...i think cos it was all done in plenty of time so it was sorted already!
Reply 6
C.o.o.k.i.e
Yeah i took mine to get scanned but they didn't need it they said, apparently it was all on the system already...i think cos it was all done in plenty of time so it was sorted already!

Ah ok, well that kinda puts my mind at rest a little. Hopefully my status will change tommorow then. Have you had your payment yet then?
Reply 7
adamneaves
says submitted wen paid

Well it says submitted when its been sent to the bank and then paid when it has actually gone into your account which takes 3 working days after it changes to submitted.
henrix
Ah ok, well that kinda puts my mind at rest a little. Hopefully my status will change tommorow then. Have you had your payment yet then?

Nah not yet...my first payment is on the 29th which is my first "real" day there...as in term time!
Reply 9
When my application went from being Approved to Submitted yesterday, the Expected Payment date changed from the 22nd to the 24th, is that when they expect it to be cleared?
Reply 10
Abelour
When my application went from being Approved to Submitted yesterday, the Expected Payment date changed from the 22nd to the 24th, is that when they expect it to be cleared?

Should be as it takes 3 working days from when it changes to submitted.
Enrolled last wednesday, payment date was scheduled to be the 15th of september. Now the 23rd September and the website still says 'Awaiting assesment' and 'approved' on the payments. Really starting to get cheesed off now, im basically living off the basics and am having no social life whatsoever :frown:
Reply 12
Well my status still says "approved" so i rang student finance direct and was hold for about 30 mins and gave up, im just going to ask Uni tommorow if they have confirmed by attendance.

Im still worried that they should have scanned my barcode on my payment letter, but surely they would have mentioned it on enrolment day.
Reply 13
hi is there any chance after your payment saying submitted, it tsken more than 3 working days for your money to be in your acount?:frown:
I am starting my second year at Uni and my Uni scanned the bar code on my payment schedule letter twice on 14th September thats 4 days ago but nothing showing on my account on student finance as submitted. It says approved next to payments but it said that before I got payment schedule letter. The Uni phoned up the helpline and was told it could take up to a week to register with Student Finance. Is this correct? I never had this problem last year.
Reply 15
At my university, I didn't become fully enrolled until I obtained my Student ID card. And the funds were not released until abot 3-4 working days after i enrolled. I never had to scan the barcode from the letter, all i had to do was collect my card. Every Uni is different, if your uni needed it they would have asked for it.
Reply 16
debbieesmith
I am starting my second year at Uni and my Uni scanned the bar code on my payment schedule letter twice on 14th September thats 4 days ago but nothing showing on my account on student finance as submitted. It says approved next to payments but it said that before I got payment schedule letter. The Uni phoned up the helpline and was told it could take up to a week to register with Student Finance. Is this correct? I never had this problem last year.

Has the date on the payment schedule passed yet? If not then you should get it on the date it says. They won't pay it before that date even if you get the letter scanned before then.
flipshot
Has the date on the payment schedule passed yet? If not then you should get it on the date it says. They won't pay it before that date even if you get the letter scanned before then.

No its Monday, but Student Finance said they have no acknowledgement that the Uni have scanned the barcode. I was there when they did it. Maybe it will just go in on Monday, but this time last year it said submitted on the Friday before due.

Latest