The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

John Moores University Halls

Hi, i've had an offer from John Moores.
I have been looking at their accommodation site but would like to know if anyone could help me choose which halls to apply for?
I'd like en-suite. Anything else is a bonus.
What are your views on the different halls available?
What are the best for:

Size of room
Size of lounge/kitchen

And anything else that you think needs mentioning.
Help would be much appreciated.
I've only seen the halls at UoL and Hope in Liverpool
Have u had the applicant guide? It's got info on accomodation in it :smile:
What campus are you gonna be based at?
Opal Hall at Mount Pleasant Campus has a gym and a pool which is a bonus!
Liverpool
Visit website
I'dalso lik eto know what people think are best? I've considered fromlooking at the website, but obviously the uni is going to make themall look as good as possible, like at the uni i am in now, they don't mention that the student village, apart from the newly refurbished bit, is a total dump :smile: and full of ppl puking and urinating outside your window. Thankfully, I don't like in that bit :smile:
Reply 3
I'm going to study History at LJMU starting in september 2010. After what I've read on the LJMU website my course takes place at Mount Pleasant, and I'm planning on staying at Grand Central. I just want to know how big the rooms are, and if it's a quiet place to live?
I have heard someone say that the walls at Atlantic point are made of paper, is it like that at Grand central too? I know there will be a lot of flat parties, but I really want to be able to relax in my room without being able to hear everything that is going on around me... :-)
Reply 4
Tiili
I'm going to study History at LJMU starting in september 2010. After what I've read on the LJMU website my course takes place at Mount Pleasant, and I'm planning on staying at Grand Central. I just want to know how big the rooms are, and if it's a quiet place to live?
I have heard someone say that the walls at Atlantic point are made of paper, is it like that at Grand central too? I know there will be a lot of flat parties, but I really want to be able to relax in my room without being able to hear everything that is going on around me... :-)

im studying history in LJMU but staying at home because i dont live far from the city centre anyway, ive never seen the halls but i cant imagine u having no time to relax, im sure that you and ur flat mates could sort things out so that theres no partys like every night. if u do move into somewhere that u dont like i do think u can ask to switch to somewhere else if u have an actual reason, for example, too loud to study.
have u done history before as an A Level or are u starting this fresh?
And Im sure if its too loud or too often that there would be a complaint, or there are hall managers that you can contact about it!

I do History A Level, even though Im not gonna do it at Uni. I find it really interesting but SO HARD! Especially the in-depth study part and the coursework :frown:
Reply 6
BabyGirl92
Have u had the applicant guide? It's got info on accomodation in it :smile:
What campus are you gonna be based at?
Opal Hall at Mount Pleasant Campus has a gym and a pool which is a bonus!

Yeah i've had the applicant guide, and looked online.
But as someone else said, a uni's opinion of its halls could be completely different from what students living there think.
Unfortunatly i've only got mates that went to UoL or Hope uni in Liverpool so they are no help lol
What course are you doing, might I ask? I know a few of them, namely Grand Central, Prospect and Atlantic Point, Victoria Halls and Marybone. Anything near the hospital is quite nice with the exception of North Western Halls.
Me? Im doing Psychology.
BabyGirl92
Me? Im doing Psychology.

I'd look into Victoria Halls and Atlantic Point. They're cheaper than Marybone 2, offer en-suite and are generally better :smile: I think Atlantic Points rent includes internet as well as bills which might be ideal for you. Victoria Halls also redid all their living rooms as I remember.
Irrelevance
I'd look into Victoria Halls and Atlantic Point. They're cheaper than Marybone 2, offer en-suite and are generally better :smile: I think Atlantic Points rent includes internet as well as bills which might be ideal for you. Victoria Halls also redid all their living rooms as I remember.

Yeah Victoria is nice went to see it. I dont wanna go to Atlantic Point because there's a chance youll get a shorter contract if you apply early and if you leave it late you might not get a place at all.
Reply 11
I'm doing Zoology.
Went to the open day today, saw the Atlantic Point halls, and was then advised by another student at the open day to look at Grand Central.
Fell in love with Grand Central and have applied there now :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending