The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DoktaUH
Keep taking overtime and make sure that your section leader and managers know you're there and you should be just fine :smile:

I do! And I get on well with them.

But I don't even have my own number, my smart card isn't activated yet and I don't have a uniform.

:puppyeyes:
Reply 141
Original post by FattyInNeed
I do! And I get on well with them.

But I don't even have my own number, my smart card isn't activated yet and I don't have a uniform.

:puppyeyes:

That sounds very wrong. Everyone at my store gets a uniform and smart card during Best Welcome. How long have you been working there?
They probably ran out of uniform because so many people are starting at the same time.
I know I only have the jacket and no shirt :'(
Reply 143
Original post by Wanischa
They probably ran out of uniform because so many people are starting at the same time.
I know I only have the jacket and no shirt :'(

Still sounds rather odd, usually when there are people starting they order in some more uniform in the most common sizes, and if they see someone they think they'll take on will order a size that should fit them between group and one to one interviews.
Original post by DoktaUH
Still sounds rather odd, usually when there are people starting they order in some more uniform in the most common sizes, and if they see someone they think they'll take on will order a size that should fit them between group and one to one interviews.

They had but the uniforms just hasn't come in yet.
Original post by DoktaUH
That sounds very wrong. Everyone at my store gets a uniform and smart card during Best Welcome. How long have you been working there?

I've got a smart card, uniform is still being delivered though.

I wear black trousers, black jumper and a white shirt to work - with my name badge and smart card.

For now, anyway.
Ok so got the job starting on the 8th of december. The jobs advertised were for checkout yet i was interviewed by the head of fresh foods/grocerys or whatever its actually called and they told me ill be working on the grocery section. Does this mean i'll be working on the tills there or that she just decided to snap me up instead of the original vacancy? Also how long is acceptable before asking for overtime, if it was up to me id want it on the first day.
Reply 147
Original post by jacob.wake
Ok so got the job starting on the 8th of december. The jobs advertised were for checkout yet i was interviewed by the head of fresh foods/grocerys or whatever its actually called and they told me ill be working on the grocery section. Does this mean i'll be working on the tills there or that she just decided to snap me up instead of the original vacancy? Also how long is acceptable before asking for overtime, if it was up to me id want it on the first day.

If possible they move staff around internally, maybe they filled the checkout staff with ex-grocery staff :P:

I'd say wait a week before asking for overtime, unless the section leader or manager asks if you'd like to do some. I got asked about overtime on my first shift :P:
Hi,

My brother applied for a seaaonal role at asda last sunday (not yesterday) and still hasn't heard anything back from them. There were around 2-3 different vacancies at the store, of which he applied for all of them. Just wondering how asda let you know whether you have been successful/unsuccessful in the online application and invite you to a group interview. Do they email, telephone or send a letter to you?

Its been 8 days now since he's applied and still havn't heard anything. Would appreciate if anyone can give their owm experiences of response times.

Thanks
I'm only working over time because they haven't sorted out my proper shift yet :'(

Original post by hmiah
Hi,

My brother applied for a seaaonal role at asda last sunday (not yesterday) and still hasn't heard anything back from them. There were around 2-3 different vacancies at the store, of which he applied for all of them. Just wondering how asda let you know whether you have been successful/unsuccessful in the online application and invite you to a group interview. Do they email, telephone or send a letter to you?

Its been 8 days now since he's applied and still havn't heard anything. Would appreciate if anyone can give their owm experiences of response times.

Thanks

They will send you an email.
Mine has been longer than 8 days before they contacted me (I think but I didn't really count the day because I thought I wasn't going to get it lol)
Reply 150
Original post by hmiah
Hi,

Thanks

As Wanischa said they send an email out.

If he's anxious to find out whats what he can always ring the store and check whats going on :smile:
Original post by Wanischa
I'm only working over time because they haven't sorted out my proper shift yet :'(

They will send you an email.
Mine has been longer than 8 days before they contacted me (I think but I didn't really count the day because I thought I wasn't going to get it lol)

Original post by DoktaUH
As Wanischa said they send an email out.

If he's anxious to find out whats what he can always ring the store and check whats going on :smile:

Thanks for ur replies. I'm starting to think they've rejected him and not bothered to let him know. He's applied to Primark as well and still not heard anything. I might get him to ring the store to find out and will let you know of any updates. :wink:
Got a 5-10 shift today - plus a busy day before! Atleast it keeps me active and brings in some money. :smile:
Reply 153
Original post by hmiah
Thanks for ur replies. I'm starting to think they've rejected him and not bothered to let him know.

Thats nothing, I got an email yesterday from PC World rejecting my application, that I made over a month ago!
Reply 154
Got a 5-10 shift today - plus a busy day before! Atleast it keeps me active and brings in some money. :smile:

5pm-10pm? Pah!

I'm on 9pm-6am over every weekend.
Original post by DoktaUH
5pm-10pm? Pah!

Woah, what are nights like?

I'm on checkouts, so I assume they'd just get really boring, no?

I have 6-12 tomorrow, so I get 2 hours of night pay which is quite good. :smile:
Original post by DoktaUH
Thats nothing, I got an email yesterday from PC World rejecting my application, that I made over a month ago!

lol,well count urself lucky. :biggrin: I've applied to Currys and PC World so many times and would sometimes not even get a response from them. I've even memorised half the questionnaire. The system would show that I'm exactly what they're looking for and give it a few days I get a reject or even no reply from them. What a waste of time
Reply 157
Woah, what are nights like?

I'm on checkouts, so I assume they'd just get really boring, no?

I have 6-12 tomorrow, so I get 2 hours of night pay which is quite good. :smile:

Well its replen rather than checkouts so it could be worse :p:

The fun is inversely proportional the the size of the delivery tbh :wink: Large delivery = no fun :frown:

Original post by DoktaUH
5pm-10pm? Pah!

You think THAT's bad...

I've done 8am till 10pm before... Now That is a killer shift...

Did it 2 days in a row as part of a 74 hour week with no days off...

Oh to be 16 again...
Reply 159
Original post by MHorman
You think THAT's bad...

I've done 8am till 10pm before... Now That is a killer shift...

Did it 2 days in a row as part of a 74 hour week with no days off...

Oh to be 16 again...

Yowch, must've been pre-WTD to get away with those kind of hours!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending