The Student Room Group

Ucas 2012 Actuarial Science

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jagatheesh14
Institute of Science and Management. Small college. Under collaboration with HELP. Hehe... :smile:

Ah I see. Taylor's is also small! :tongue:
Reply 21
Original post by Nicholasng925
Ah I see. Taylor's is also small! :tongue:

walao how could u say Taylor's is small... =="
walao how could u say Taylor's is small... =="

It's true. The main campus is even smaller than my secondary school. Pfft. :eek:
Reply 23
It's true. The main campus is even smaller than my secondary school. Pfft. :eek:

:eek: then i must be thinking about the Lakeside one then.. coz normally that's the one they show in the ads... anyways, when did u get the acknowledgement emails from the universities ?
:eek: then i must be thinking about the Lakeside one then.. coz normally that's the one they show in the ads... anyways, when did u get the acknowledgement emails from the universities ?

Yes, the Lakeside campus is enormous! But the food are all very expensive with lots of branded restaurants there (except food court maybe), and Broad Walk with lots of shops (there's even a Apple shop there, selling Apple products at student prices).

I've got all my acknowledgement emails few weeks ago. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
Yes, the Lakeside campus is enormous! But the food are all very expensive with lots of branded restaurants there (except food court maybe), and Broad Walk with lots of shops (there's even a Apple shop there, selling Apple products at student prices).

I've got all my acknowledgement emails few weeks ago. :smile:

Apple store ??? :eek:

Wao that is crazy... About the acknowledgement, i meant how long did it take for you to receive them after you sent your applications ?
Apple store ??? :eek:

Wao that is crazy... About the acknowledgement, i meant how long did it take for you to receive them after you sent your applications ?

yeah Apple store. :wink: Heard that they are selling Macbook Pro to students at RM3499, cheaper than normal price of RM3699.

I think mine took around 2 weeks for all the universities to respond, Cambridge was the earliest followed up by Heriot-Watt, Warwick, LSE and Cass.
Reply 27
yeah Apple store. :wink: Heard that they are selling Macbook Pro to students at RM3499, cheaper than normal price of RM3699.

I think mine took around 2 weeks for all the universities to respond, Cambridge was the earliest followed up by Heriot-Watt, Warwick, LSE and Cass.

I see... Thanks for all the info man.. Really helped me a lot.. Glad we met each other.. :smile:
I see... Thanks for all the info man.. Really helped me a lot.. Glad we met each other.. :smile:

No problem! Hope that you will get into your desired university and we shall meet soon! :smile: Good luck!
Reply 29
No problem! Hope that you will get into your desired university and we shall meet soon! :smile: Good luck!

there's a change of plans mate. Initially i said i was going for Keele, Kingston, Kent, Heriot Watt and East Anglia.. Luckily i double checked and found out that Keele and Kingston dont offer any exemptions !! Phew !! I was SO close to paying for applications !! Guess i will replace them both with Cass and Southampton.. :smile:
there's a change of plans mate. Initially i said i was going for Keele, Kingston, Kent, Heriot Watt and East Anglia.. Luckily i double checked and found out that Keele and Kingston dont offer any exemptions !! Phew !! I was SO close to paying for applications !! Guess i will replace them both with Cass and Southampton.. :smile:

Great! We will have chance meeting each other in either Heriot-Watt and Cass then! :biggrin:
Reply 31
Great! We will have chance meeting each other in either Heriot-Watt and Cass then! :biggrin:

yeah hopefully everything turns out well .. :smile:
Reply 32
Just another question.. for Cass, did u apply for foundation year o directly for 1st year ?
Just another question.. for Cass, did u apply for foundation year o directly for 1st year ?

Apply for first year man! You would not want to go for unnecessary foundation year unless you are rich.
Reply 34
Got a new referee, head of sixth is doing it :smile: Means it probably won't have the bits about caring for my ill granddad and fundraising in it, but at least it won't be in bullet points (yes, my form tutor tried to send it off in bullet points :eek:).

I know UEA is already giving out offers, so hopfully it won't be long. I know someone with two offers already :eek:
Reply 35
Deciding between cass actuarial science and banking international finance can anyone persuade me for actuarial
Reply 36
Apply for first year man! You would not want to go for unnecessary foundation year unless you are rich.

ok i'm not rich.. hahaha.... 1st year it is then... :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by CloClo7
Got a new referee, head of sixth is doing it :smile: Means it probably won't have the bits about caring for my ill granddad and fundraising in it, but at least it won't be in bullet points (yes, my form tutor tried to send it off in bullet points :eek:).

I know UEA is already giving out offers, so hopfully it won't be long. I know someone with two offers already :eek:

That's great ! Keep us updated if u get anything :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by smoky188
Deciding between cass actuarial science and banking international finance can anyone persuade me for actuarial

Where does your interest lie ?
Original post by CloClo7

Wow, I know someone with one offer only the most, and he's the first one I know holding an offer from the University of Bath. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest