The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:angry: messed up the 't' question :angry:
how many marks did e evry1 lose?? Grade boundary predictions??
Reply 3
I haven't really thought about boundaries yet, but my first reaction is that they will be high
Reply 4
Original post by Arsey
Very easy I thought

arsey, for question 8 c, it travels down, so shouldnt the fmax be in the opposite direction?
Original post by Arsey
I haven't really thought about boundaries yet, but my first reaction is that they will be high

U think it will be less than 70 for 90 UMS ??
Reply 6
Original post by vishcr7
arsey, for question 8 c, it travels down, so shouldnt the fmax be in the opposite direction?

???

it moves up the plane
Reply 7
when the force is removed, shouldnt that make the body go downward? so 4gsin30-fmax=4a?
Reply 8
also question 5c, i first found the final velocity of the object at s=30/5, and then that was my initial velocity for the length of time that i would be above 30/5 metres. used 2u/g to get a different answer, 2.32. do i get any marks for that?
Reply 9
umm if i got 85% would that be an A or a B?
Reply 10
lastly, 3c, the angle R makes with j. so i took the angle R made with -ve J. so i got tan inverse 12/4 which gave me 76 to the nearest degree. wrong too?
Reply 11
Original post by vishcr7
lastly, 3c, the angle R makes with j. so i took the angle R made with -ve J. so i got tan inverse 12/4 which gave me 76 to the nearest degree. wrong too?

you should have subtracted 76 from 180 at the end so that the answer is 104
Reply 12
Original post by youlostme
you should have subtracted 76 from 180 at the end so that the answer is 104

but they asked for the angle it made with j. 76 is also the angle it makes with j. anyhow, do u think i get any marks for that at all?
Reply 13
Original post by vishcr7
but they asked for the angle it made with j. 76 is also the angle it makes with j. anyhow, do u think i get any marks for that at all?

when they ask for the angle from j, they're basically asking you to find the bearing(from north)
i dont know if you'd get any marks, for that you'll have to wait until the official markscheme is out but i guess they wouldnt go as far as give u nothing on this question
Yo i didnt get the right value for T.... Will i get all th questions after it wrong or is there ecf??
Reply 15
umm if i got 85% would that be an A or a B?

would someone please tell me if its an A or a B? i want to go back to sleep :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by vishcr7
when the force is removed, shouldnt that make the body go downward? so 4gsin30-fmax=4a?

no

we the force is removed it will continue moving up the plane, but it will be decelerating.

It will come to rest and then begin to slide back down the plane.

Once the force is removed, it doesn't immediately stop and move in the opposite direction, that is like saying when you throw a ball, the second it leaves your hand it, instead of moving away from you, it immediately moves towards you and smacks you in the face.
Reply 17
Original post by vishcr7

yep
In 8c, when weight is the only force acting on the body, should friction be working AGAINST this accelerating force?
Reply 19
would someone please tell me if its an A or a B? i want to go back to sleep :frown:

No one will know until the boundaries are released.

Apart from the last question, I thought it was very easy, so I am expecting fairly high boundaries.

Latest

Trending

Trending