The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

UCAS Points?

I've been on the Herts website, tried the 'Ask Herts' page and tried emailing (But they cannot give me a 'personal response' from the email..), but I just can't find the information I want, I know calling up may be a viable option but I thought someone here might know.
I've applied for TV & Film Production and been given a conditional offer of "A minimum of 320 UCAS Tariff points"... Does this include UCAS points AS Levels which have not been followed up by A Levels at all?
To put this into perspective, I mean that I went to sixth form for a year, completed my AS's (only CCDD, but it adds to 140 points which is helpful..) and then moved to another college where I started a vocational course...

So would those 140 points count?
Reply 1
They should count, as long as there are no conditions stated under your offer?
Check on Track, and see what the offer actually says. If all it says is "a minimum of 320 points" then yes you should be able to use them. Otherwise it may say something like "A minimum of 320 points.. from a vocational course".
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jordan-s
They should count, as long as there are no conditions stated under your offer?
Check on Track, and see what the offer actually says. If all it says is "a minimum of 320 points" then yes you should be able to use them. Otherwise it may say something like "A minimum of 320 points.. from a vocational course".

It just states a minimim of 320, what's in the quotations was copied directly from Track, after this it states something about GCSE grades which I already have in the bag.
I thought this was the case, but I just wanted to clear it in my head a bit. It doesn't mention AS's on the website so it worried me a bit.
Reply 3
Well then you should be alright, AS grades are worth UCAS points so yeah :smile:
If I were you, i'd still feel it'd be worth giving the university a call just to make sure, they won't mind..
Remember, the stupidest question is the one you didn't ask!
Reply 4
I got into a course that required 300 and my A Levels only total 280. Fortunately I had an amazing AS E in Maths, which got me in :P So yeah, I guess you'll be fine. I wasn't sure when I applied either and, like you said, the Ask Herts people are absolutely useless.
Reply 5
I would like to call, but I'm just not confident enough and my accent is extremely difficult to understand on the phone (apparently anyway). I may call anyway though, I'm seeing if I get offered any more open days - I'll ask at one of those if I do :P.

I thought an AS would help when you've got other A Levels, but I wasn't sure it would when leaving the sixth form altogether and being on a vocational. :L I suppose it is the same concept though
Reply 6
Original post by Apixe
I would like to call, but I'm just not confident enough and my accent is extremely difficult to understand on the phone (apparently anyway). I may call anyway though, I'm seeing if I get offered any more open days - I'll ask at one of those if I do :P.

I thought an AS would help when you've got other A Levels, but I wasn't sure it would when leaving the sixth form altogether and being on a vocational. :L I suppose it is the same concept though

I know your pain when it comes to phone calls - I had to ring up Leicester about why they changed my course from Computer Science to Computing. Made a right idiot out of my self.

I think you'll be fine with the AS grades you got - after all, you took the exams and got the results, right?
Last year they accepted UCAS points from an AS Level for me (bearing in mind this was for Psychology, and my AS level was an E in Chemistry. ;>_> ). So i should think it would be fine. As long as there's nothing stating "320 points excluding AS levels" or something along those lines they should be fine. c:
Hello, I am the Course Leader for all three undergraduate BA Film and TV courses at Herts, and as far as I've been made aware, AS Level points are counted.
Reply 9
Thanks guys, I'm guessing that was the case!

Original post by thecurators
Hello, I am the Course Leader for all three undergraduate BA Film and TV courses at Herts, and as far as I've been made aware, AS Level points are counted.

Ooh that's great, thanks a lot! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending