The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Solent open day - March 17th

So. Who attended the open day yesterday?
What we're your opinions on the university, facilities, staff?

I attended for sound engineering and had a great time. Everyone was friendly, the course sounded perfect and i was blown away by the facilities. The university is modern and it's location is perfect!

I was a bit dissapointed we we're only shown the Kimber & James residence, as that isn't one of my three choices.

All in all i had a great time, and very much look forward to moving down in September.

How did you find your day?
Reply 1
Original post by Benthomas15

I attended for sound engineering and had a great time. Everyone was friendly, the course sounded perfect and i was blown away by the facilities. The university is modern and it's location is perfect!

I was a bit dissapointed we we're only shown the Kimber & James residence, as that isn't one of my three choices.

All in all i had a great time, and very much look forward to moving down in September.

Have you already applied for your accomadation ?

because i havent recieved anything regarding halls yet

thanks
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 2
Original post by cgvince
Have you already applied for your accomadation ?

because i havent recieved anything regarding halls yet

thanks

Nope. Applications open at the end of the month according to the website - i was told we would receive something through the post at the end of the month aswell. Hope that helped!
Reply 3
Nope. Applications open at the end of the month according to the website - i was told we would receive something through the post at the end of the month aswell. Hope that helped!

Yeah thats ideal, thanks

i think im applying for lucia foster :smile:
Reply 4

I did, for Fashion with Photography :smile: There was only 3 other people in the talk, who all seemed really disinterested except for one of them, and they hadn't even applied yet(!) The course leaders seemed lovely and the course is really great. We looked at previous students work and it was really reassuring that they were getting published and going into employment after their degree.

I found the tour (I only went on the non en-suite one) actually made me want shared because it's cheaper, and nowhere near as bad as I thought it'd be! I'm torn between Chantry and Lucia Foster now.

I can't wait to move down either :biggrin:

Original post by cgvince
Yeah thats ideal, thanks

i think im applying for lucia foster :smile:

Original post by OliviaVW
I did, for Fashion with Photography :smile: There was only 3 other people in the talk, who all seemed really disinterested except for one of them, and they hadn't even applied yet(!) The course leaders seemed lovely and the course is really great. We looked at previous students work and it was really reassuring that they were getting published and going into employment after their degree.

I found the tour (I only went on the non en-suite one) actually made me want shared because it's cheaper, and nowhere near as bad as I thought it'd be! I'm torn between Chantry and Lucia Foster now.

I can't wait to move down either :biggrin:

Something tells me that we're all thinking of applying for Lucia Foster :smile: Let me know if you actually do, it'd be nice to know people even before we even go there. I hella can't wait to moving down there either! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by ChantelleWes
Something tells me that we're all thinking of applying for Lucia Foster :smile: Let me know if you actually do, it'd be nice to know people even before we even go there. I hella can't wait to moving down there either! :biggrin:

It's between Deanery and Lucia foster for me!

I really don't know which one i prefer! haha!
Reply 7
Original post by ChantelleWes

Im definitely applying for lucia foster no questions asked, reason being is that ill have an extra £30 a week to spend on food and booze :biggrin:......and work books
Original post by cgvince
Im definitely applying for lucia foster no questions asked, reason being is that ill have an extra £30 a week to spend on food and booze :biggrin:......and work books

haha! I like how work books came at the end. And yeah, that's true. It just sucks that we have to choose 9 and can't even put the same ones in so I had to choose accommodations I don't really want to go to.
It's between Deanery and Lucia foster for me!

I really don't know which one i prefer! haha!

I don't either to be honest. I just put Lucia Foster as my first choice cuz it's cheaper but if I can't get LFW then I hope I get in Deanery.

Quick Reply

Latest