The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Anybody know much about sheepscar?

Come this september, myself and four others will be living on sackville street, which is just off meanwood road and servia hill.

I was just wondering what opinions people had on this area/areas surrounding it. When we put down the deposit we weren't really too aware on the area but some people have said it's quite rough.

The more opinions the better; i'm hoping we didn't sign for the house too quickly.

Thanks
Reply 1
Hi

The area is like most others in the Uk - there are good bits and ones that are a little bit rougher.

It is not too bad where your street is, you are closer to the more student area - so you should make sure you take normally sensible precautions against burglary - as it is one of the crimes that every student area across the UK tends to see.

R
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
It's close to Woodhouse which is one of the areas in Leeds with the highest crime rate, and I think Meanwood is quite rough too. From what I've seen of Sheepscar, there's not an awful lot there, apart from some quite tired looking housing, a few small shops and the Post Office sorting office.

Quick Reply

Latest