The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Anyone with an internship this summer should join the group http://www.facebook.com/groups/197984120302074/
Reply 5621
Original post by Zweihander
Anyone with an internship this summer should join the group http://www.facebook.com/groups/197984120302074/

fantastic idea, i shall be joining this
I came across this recently, thought it could be quite a lot of use to anyone using TSR:

rbsintern.blogspot.co.uk
Anyone else apply to EDF trading? Anything back?
(edited 11 years ago)
emailed Citi - haven't heard from them since late October.
apparently they are still looking at my CV + numerical.

anybody else?
Original post by trouble-trouble
emailed Citi - haven't heard from them since late October.
apparently they are still looking at my CV + numerical.

anybody else?

Yeah. Don't get your hopes up though. I reckon it's far too late now.
Original post by usainlightning
Yeah. Don't get your hopes up though. I reckon it's far too late now.

cheers
Reply 5627
Original post by usainlightning
Anyone else apply to EDF trading? Anything back?

In the confirmation email they sent after they had received my application they said they would notify successful candidates (and only them) by this Friday (i.e. 7/4) so the wait should be over soon :smile:
Original post by lilys
In the confirmation email they sent after they had received my application they said they would notify successful candidates (and only them) by this Friday (i.e. 7/4) so the wait should be over soon :smile:

I applied, didn't hear anything back :frown:

Yourself?
Reply 5629
Original post by WallStreetWolf
I applied, didn't hear anything back :frown:

Yourself?

Me neither. Ahh I've got less and less options left for this summer... :/
Original post by lilys
Me neither. Ahh I've got less and less options left for this summer... :/

You tried cold calling?
(edited 11 years ago)
Is it really that BAD, that I would give my left testicle for a Sales and Trading ( Front Office), internship... in Investment W*nking.
Reply 5632
For those that have had Spring Internships in the past.. What sort of project did you have to do? And Secondly, how do you convert a Spring Internship to a Summer Internship?

I need advice please. I begin at GS on Tuesday.
Reply 5633
Original post by isolba
For those that have had Spring Internships in the past.. What sort of project did you have to do? And Secondly, how do you convert a Spring Internship to a Summer Internship?

I need advice please. I begin at GS on Tuesday.

S&T ir IBD? I didn't do the spring week but from what ive heard a lot of emphasis is placed on market wraps are very important quizzes at the end of every day regarding them market- apparently these can get very tricky and individuals are often picked out and put on the spot very much like reciting timestables whilst standing up infront of your class at school. Just make sure youre up to date on the FT and Econ as well as Bloomberg and Reuters if you have access.

You can't do much in a week so whatever you do whether it shadowing or a trading game just make sure you do it well and exude genuine enthusiasm!

Finally make sure you get the prize at the end: Goldman Sachs Summer Internship!

Best of luck
Reply 5634
Anyone here with a soc gen offer for M&A coverage?
Reply 5635
What is the ideal length of a CV when applying for a summer internship next year?
Original post by isolba
What is the ideal length of a CV when applying for a summer internship next year?

1 page, no more, no less.
Reply 5637
How would you indicate that you intend to study for a Masters in 2013 on your CV without having anything concrete in place?
Original post by isolba
How would you indicate that you intend to study for a Masters in 2013 on your CV without having anything concrete in place?

Most applications give you the option to add some information relevant to your application at the end, so i would put it there that i plan to pursue a masters. Otherwise i would call up HR and ask them where to put it. I wouldn't put it on my CV without asking HR first.
Reply 5639
Original post by isolba

I may be wrong but I thought only confirmed Masters offers count - if not, any graduate could possibly say they were going to pursue further study just to get an internship normally reserved for penultimates and then say they 'changed their mind' or sth.

Quick Reply

Latest