The Student Room Group

What did you buy this week? Mk II.

Scroll to see replies

Panasonic SD900 Full HD 1920x1080p (50p) 3D Ready Camcorder - Black (3MOS sensor, SD Card Recording, Leica Dicomar Lens and Manual Control Ring)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-SD900-1920x1080p-Ready-Camcorder/dp/B004I1KPH0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333629460&sr=8-1

£540

For some projects Im working on :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
A terracotta coloured chunky-knit jumper from Pull & Bear.
Reply 1902
Maxi dress for the summer!

photo 3.JPG
Jeans and a bag from Dorothy Perkins.

25% off if you go on the vouchercodes site :wink:
Bought a fair bit from primark which is impossible to find pictures for :tongue:
- Black/white stripey "skater flare" dress
- Navy dress with a cut-out pattern top half and sheer bottom half.
- Black dress with a floral/victorian (no idea) pattern
- Tribal/aztec maroon vest
- Coral 3/4 jumper
- 9 pairs of tights due to how easily i rip them :laugh:
- Lots of new underwear.. even though they're pretty crappy material I couldnt resist all the nice patterns and all that!

Paperchase:
A pass case

Lush:
Space girl bath bomb

HMV:
Hunger games poster

& Thats about it :smile:
I felt like treating myself, havent had a proper shopping trip in a while.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mocking_bird
Bought a fair bit from primark which is impossible to find pictures for :tongue:
- Black/white stripey "skater flare" dress
- Navy dress with a cut-out pattern top half and sheer bottom half.
- Black dress with a floral/victorian (no idea) pattern
- Tribal/aztec maroon vest
- Coral 3/4 jumper
- 9 pairs of tights due to how easily i rip them :laugh:
- Lots of new underwear.. even though they're pretty crappy material I couldnt resist all the nice patterns and all that!

Paperchase:
A pass case

Lush:
Space girl bath bomb

HMV:
Hunger games poster

& Thats about it :smile:
I felt like treating myself, havent had a proper shopping trip in a while.

I didn't know you can buy THG posters in HMV! I'm tempted to buy one now, haha :smile:
I took advantage of Boot's 3 for 2 offer on hair products and makeup.
Bought myself:
Revlon Colorstay foundation. (I think it's the best drugstore foundation, great coverage and staying power. They seemed to have improved the formula. 24hrs instead of 16hrs :redface: )
Revlon lip stain pen and balm (AMAZING staying power!)
Revlon red coloured mascara. (Just to try something different..)

TRESamme dust powder for texture and volume.
TRESamme Iron style and hold spray- heat protector
Toni & Guy Sea Salt texturising spray

Would like to do some clothes shopping next :biggrin:
Two pairs of new Converse, these are sooo nice and way more feminine and less chunky than normal Converse:
http://www.office.co.uk/womens/converse/ct_lite_ox/20/5710/27262/1/1?fs=5710
http://www.office.co.uk/womens/converse/ct_lite_ox/20/5710/31074/1/1?fs=5710

Boots 17 Instant Glow Shimmer Brick (in gold bronze and pink bronze)

A new satchel from Scaramanga:

And the one thing I've been wanting for months! A Clarisonic Mia :nutcase:
Original post by Sakura-Chan

A new satchel from Scaramanga:

:O That satchel! :love:

Tempted to get something from Scaramanga instead of the Cambridge Satchel company now.
Original post by alexsasg

Tempted to get something from Scaramanga instead of the Cambridge Satchel company now.

:biggrin: They really are lovely. I have one without a front pocket already and I've used it every single day since I bought it :yep:

I like Cambridge Satchels too and I was considering buying one, but they just look so stiff (and apparently it takes ages for them to soften up), which always puts me off.
Original post by alexsasg

There is also this site, I have this one:

http://www.bolsitabags.co.uk/leather-fair-trade-bags/satchel-with-handle-round/

It smelt really leathery when it came but I just hung it outside on the washing line for a day or two and it was fine. Holding up really well I've used it every day for nearly a year. It can fit A4 refill pads and 1 folder
Reply 1911
I got a new satchel too!!!

I bought one of these too! I haven't gotten round to using it yet though, I'm kind of fearful of the dreaded "purge" :afraid:

Have you tried it yet? I've been toying with the idea of buying one for a while but I'm reluctant to spend so much money on something that may not work/not be worth it.
Original post by Cati.LaLa
I bought one of these too! I haven't gotten round to using it yet though, I'm kind of fearful of the dreaded "purge" :afraid:

Same!

Original post by JessicaW
Have you tried it yet? I've been toying with the idea of buying one for a while but I'm reluctant to spend so much money on something that may not work/not be worth it.

Nope, I haven't got it yet :smile: I got mine when they're were on BuyaPowa at the weekend, and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered.
Same!

Nope, I haven't got it yet :smile: I got mine when they're were on BuyaPowa at the weekend, and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered.

Fair enough. What is BuyaPowa? I've heard it mentioned a few times before but don't really understand it.
I am shocked I have honestly bought nothing in the past week not even food!
Fair enough. What is BuyaPowa? I've heard it mentioned a few times before but don't really understand it.

It's a co-buying website :yep: The FAQ will explain it better than me, but basically because they're purchasing products in bulk, the price that they pay is (usually) a lot less than retail. When the co-buy goes live, there's a limited number of items, and usually 99 hours for you to register your interest in a product, unless they all sell out before then. The more people that register interest in the product, the lower the price goes, but there's always a ''best price.''

E.g http://www.buyapowa.com/deal/659, 17 people have signed up so far, and there are 30 units for sale for this co-buy in total. The best price is £34, and you'll pay this if 75% of the products get sold. The current price has moved down from RRP (£49) to £35 because people have signed up.

Scroll through here and you'll see all the things that people have requested co-buys on. If you add your email address they'll send you updates to tell you when they go live.

It sounds complicated but it's really not. I've only used them this once, but people everywhere are raving about how good it is. I saved £30 on my Clarisonic, and they take payment through PayPal too (which made me feel way better about the whole thing, although I'm sure it is legit!)
(edited 12 years ago)

Awww lucky! I bought mine's a few days before they popped up on BuyaPowa so was bummed that I missed out on such a good deal, I tried to console myself with the fact that I still got a small discount from FeelUnique though.

Sakura-Chan summed it up pretty well however I will say this: if you love your bank balance, stay away! :tongue: Honestly it's a really good site and I've been buying things from there for about a month and have never had any problems, their customer service is top notch. Highly recommended!
It's a co-buying website :yep: The FAQ will explain it better than me, but basically because they're purchasing products in bulk, the price that they pay is (usually) a lot less than retail. When the co-buy goes live, there's a limited number of items, and usually 99 hours for you to register your interest in a product, unless they all sell out before then. The more people that register interest in the product, the lower the price goes, but there's always a ''best price.''

E.g http://www.buyapowa.com/deal/659, 17 people have signed up so far, and there are 30 units for sale for this co-buy in total. The best price is £34, and you'll pay this if 75% of the products get sold. The current price has moved down from RRP (£49) to £35 because people have signed up.

Scroll through here and you'll see all the things that people have requested co-buys on. If you add your email address they'll send you updates to tell you when they go live.

It sounds complicated but it's really not. I've only used them this once, but people everywhere are raving about how good it is. I saved £30 on my Clarisonic, and they take payment through PayPal too (which made me feel way better about the whole thing, although I'm sure it is legit!)

Ooh, thanks for the information. I have signed up to their alerts, something which I will no doubt come to regret.

Quick Reply

Latest