The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths Linear March 2012 Higher Paper, Grade Boundaries?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by goodmorningworld
I think it would really depend if you have another chance to do it - if you are taking the new exam in June then maybe not; you have got another chance. But I would definitely ask your maths teacher if the school would pay for one - you never know if it would help :biggrin:

Im not doing the new exam,this was a retake from a D in november
Original post by bobe25
Im not doing the new exam,this was a retake from a D in november

A retake from a D? Wow, well done for improving so well :smile:

Oh, my school do it differently. Do it in Year 9. Did you get one grade above your target grade? No. Do it in Year 10. Did you get one grade above target? No. Do it in November, March and June of Year 11.

Yay! ;D
Got an A (don't know how many marks I was from an A*). But I'm really happy! A Level Maths, sorted! But, I'm resitting the new June exam to gain the A* (yeah silly I know), but I think everyone who got As resits. Lots of people in our school got As and A*s (people I know). Sadly I was sat next to someone who got a C for the second time (very uncomfortable :colondollar:)
Reply 63
A retake from a D? Wow, well done for improving so well :smile:

Oh, my school do it differently. Do it in Year 9. Did you get one grade above your target grade? No. Do it in Year 10. Did you get one grade above target? No. Do it in November, March and June of Year 11.

Yay! ;D

Thanks but should i get it remarked
Original post by Fool In The Rain
Got an A (don't know how many marks I was from an A*). But I'm really happy! A Level Maths, sorted! But, I'm resitting the new June exam to gain the A* (yeah silly I know), but I think everyone who got As resits. Lots of people in our school got As and A*s (people I know). Sadly I was sat next to someone who got a C for the second time (very uncomfortable :colondollar:)

I had no choice but to resit to get the A* D:
My school makes us. Happy now, no more maths!

Well done though :smile:
i got my A wuuuuuuu
Original post by bobe25
Thanks but should i get it remarked

If you aren't doing it in june, then yes it's worth it if you can :smile:
Reply 67
I got the A I needed to drop maths and to be able to do it in college :biggrin: Huge weight of my mind, so pleased:smile:
Reply 68
Original post by bobe25
Should i get mine remarked ?I was 5 marks off an A*

yes.
Reply 69
Has anyone else not received the marks from the exam board? I got an A* but I'm curious as to what mark I actually obtained...
Reply 70
Looking at the paper, it was easier than the one in November and that was 160 for an A*. I personally think Edexcel have f****d up, most schools did the November exam somewhat as a trial run knowing beforehand that 90% of the students would be entered for the March retake, now here's the flaw: most students were content with what they got (C's) in November and the people that retook were the ones that got A's and wanted to get A*'s. Since a lot of people were perfectly fine with their results retook, they didn't give a flying monkey about what they got in the retake, so they ended up getting E's and G's and not caring at all. This made it appear as if the paper was super hard, when in fact it was easier than the November paper by miles.

Being honest, everyone in my class expected the grade boundaries to be 168-172. 158 is an absolute joke.
Original post by `God
Looking at the paper, it was easier than the one in November and that was 160 for an A*. I personally think Edexcel have f****d up, most schools did the November exam somewhat as a trial run knowing beforehand that 90% of the students would be entered for the March retake, now here's the flaw: most students were content with what they got (C's) in November and the people that retook were the ones that got A's and wanted to get A*'s. Since a lot of people were perfectly fine with their results retook, they didn't give a flying monkey about what they got in the retake, so they ended up getting E's and G's and not caring at all. This made it appear as if the paper was super hard, when in fact it was easier than the November paper by miles.

Being honest, everyone in my class expected the grade boundaries to be 168-172. 158 is an absolute joke.

Isn't that a good thing for us though? :wink:
Reply 72
Isn't that a good thing for us though? :wink:

No it isn't, it means that a lot of people got A*'s without really being on an A* level, three people went from B's in November to A* in March, they didn't revise like crazy nor were they exceptionally smart. Last year our school got about 10 A*'s in Maths, this year there are 30.
Reply 73
Original post by `God
No it isn't, it means that a lot of people got A*'s without really being on an A* level

I agree, I worked hard to secure 90% of the marks to get A* and I was expecting the boundary to be 169-173 for A*. If I knew it was going to be so low I wouldn't of wasted my time with all the extra revision, but oh well, I got my A* so I guess I shouldn't moan
Reply 74
Original post by `God
No it isn't, it means that a lot of people got A*'s without really being on an A* level, three people went from B's in November to A* in March, they didn't revise like crazy nor were they exceptionally smart. Last year our school got about 10 A*'s in Maths, this year there are 30.

God help us all.

That is all.
Reply 75
got 171 out of 200!! 94 in the calculator paper!!
:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 76
I got a C, not too happy luckily there's a re-sit but I heard it's a completely new syllabus I'm so worried. Does anyone know if there is any past paper for it? My teacher told me that I can join her set one class but they work REALLY fast any tips on how to catch up with them and work at their speed seriously the students are like robots
Original post by `God

What difference does it make to you though, I don't really understand :confused: Because they'll just put the boundaries up next year probably, so it will just mean a lot more people are happier.

I got my A* and I am completely happy with it and think I deserve it; was on an A with no revision and then revised a LOT. I'm only really concerned with my grade though, don't really care what others got tbh :biggrin:

My school only got 3 A*s, can't believe yours got 30, that's amazing
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by YNWA
got 171 out of 200!! 94 in the calculator paper!!
:biggrin::biggrin:

Well done :biggrin: I got 168 :biggrin:
Reply 79
Well done :biggrin: I got 168 :biggrin:

nice one !! do you by any chance know the boundaries for the separate papers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending