The Student Room Group

Geology at Birmingham 2012 anyone?

Has anybody else applied to Birmingham for a geology course in 2012?
Are you planning in living in halls or a house or commuting from somewhere?
I would like to know who I might be meeting :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I'm not doing straight geology but I'm doing geology and geography doing honours so we may have the same lectures for some bits. I'm applying to halls, where you thinking of staying?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Reply 2
I have applied to halls too. I think commuting would make you miss out on alot of stuff. All the earth science courses sound really exciting!
Reply 3
I have applied for geology at birmingham too! I applied for the halls called Mason or something.

I think geography, geology and the geography and geology course hare a decent amount of lectures. Even some fieldtrips i think.

Does anyone who is going to birmingham for this kind of course fancy a chat? I'd also like to know who i might be seeing there. We could use skype
I applied for mason first too. And even though we will be doing different course I will still have geology lectures with you. Have any of you got facebook
? I reallyy hope I get in :/

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Reply 5
Hi, I've firmed Birmingham for Geology. I'll be staying at home though, kinda regretting it now, but I'll save quite a bit of money lol :smile:
Original post by Woody17
Hi, I've firmed Birmingham for Geology. I'll be staying at home though, kinda regretting it now, but I'll save quite a bit of money lol :smile:

Do you live far? You won't miss out on much as there is always so much going on :smile:

Reply 7
No really. It shouldn't take me any longer than it takes me to get to college now haha. I hope not, I am a bit worried about that though. I'll just see how it goes for the first year though, and if I dont like it I might move out in the second year. Are you on the international year programme by any chance?
Nope doing the joint honours geog and geology and live about an hour or so by train from Birmingham so halls is ideal :smile:

Reply 9
Fair enough. Can't wait now, A Levels are driving me crazy haha :rolleyes:
Yer hopefully results go well :/ what alevels do you do?
Reply 11
Hopefully. Biology, Geology and Geography. You?
Biology, Maths and Geography - Maths = death :/ what grades do you need?
Reply 13
I can imagine lol, I'm dreadful at maths. I need AAA, I'd like A*A*A. But I highly doubt I'll get that haha. What about you?
Wow...i feel stupid now lol I need ABB but am hoping to get an A*in geogers so that if maths drops to a C it doesnt matter.
Reply 15
You shouldnt lol if i did maths i wouldnt even be able to answer one question. It's ridiculously hard :biggrin:
Plus, I highly doubt I'll get those grades lol, just have to push myself otherwise I'll just sit and watch tv throughout my study leave....evidently its not working :tongue:
Fair enough, A* in Geography is really good, I find it really hard cus the exams are essay based :/
That's how I feel about maths and I do it :/ such a silly choice I made ... Omg that's my probably with geography all my teachers are like you have an amazing memory but you can't evaluate - I do what they call case study dumping where I blurt out every fact I know without answering the question. It's tht 40 mark at the end. Hate it! Which essay from the end do you think you might answer?
* problem to probably
Reply 18
Haha I do that too! I'm on a different board to you I think, we have 25 mark essays :frown:
Reply 19
I might be doing the international year! i don't think ill get the AAA needed for it but you can still get on it if you do well in the first year so im holding out my hopes for that! I'm doing geology geography and biology A levels too, but i'm slightly struggling with biology this year!
I also applied for the mason bit. Halls are only one year then its student housing for the years after right? they will be good and i think some people find that better than halls

Quick Reply

Latest