The Student Room Group

OCR Decision 1 - 24 May 2012

Scroll to see replies

There was a question where you had to make sure you covered all the arcs if I remember correctly. Was that using Chinese Postman/Route Inspection?
Reply 141
FML
Reply 142
FML, big time.
Yeah, I messed up a few times, eventually I just got the negative and used the answer button in the equation instead :L
You could've saved an entire forest with all the blank pages I had in this exam! It's the worst paper I've ever sat! Plus we only did about 2 weeks of decision maths lessons :/ it was just awful in every way..... :frown: :frown::frown:
I just didn't know what the **** to do. Got over it. Resitting. So sad.
any mark schemes?
Reply 147
That was awful !! Had done loads of exam papers and was getting A* on most, be lucky to get a B on that !! Ran out of time had loads of unfamiliar questions and loads of really time consuming questions for little marks, dont even start me about the last question !! fingers crossed for low grade boundries :smile: glad people are alslo saying they found it hard too though
Reply 148
Anyone got the paper or know how many marks each question was worth?
Original post by icy elemental

Pretty sure it didn't keep going... when you start with X = 0, it ended within two run throughs of the algorithm. With X = -1 it ended within three.

No, no, what I meant was that I didn't spot that it was W-X and so X was bigger and then I kept going and got increasingly stupid answers :P but then I realised and yeah, it ended in two and three :smile:
Original post by bigsam
what was the breakdown for the last question?

Part i when you put in x=0 was 6 marks, part ii with x=1 was 1 mark, part iii with x=-1 was 5 marks, part iv with why is it crap, 1 mark :smile:

Original post by safiyasaeed
any mark schemes?

If no-ones made it by tomorrow I'll be trying to make one looking at what people got on here, but there's a little bit of disagreement, esp over the nearest neighbour... wondering, did the guys who got 600 definitely start at M and remember to connect T back to M at the end?
Original post by bigsam
Anyone got the paper or know how many marks each question was worth?

Unfortunately no, I'll see if I can try to find out via my friends and I remember someone said that their teacher was going to get it tomorrow, so maybe then :smile:
Reply 152
FML, also.
Reply 153
Original post by Nathdragon5
Part i when you put in x=0 was 6 marks, part ii with x=1 was 1 mark, part iii with x=-1 was 5 marks, part iv with why is it crap, 1 mark :smile:

If no-ones made it by tomorrow I'll be trying to make one looking at what people got on here, but there's a little bit of disagreement, esp over the nearest neighbour... wondering, did the guys who got 600 definitely start at M and remember to connect T back to M at the end?

unfortunately I got 710m, and i was so familiar about this method,and almost never did wrong in the past papers, how could I go wrong? anyone know how many marks are for that one??
Reply 154
what was the answer to 6part i)
Reply 155
Original post by EllHv1
FML, also.

I did well in C1 and C2, I think, only above 80 UMS though, still an A, but I have done so bad in this exam, that it doesnt really matter what I got in C1 or C2, because I did so crap in this exam. Lucky to get like 40 UMS lol.
Reply 156
Original post by Lucozad
I did well in C1 and C2, I think, only above 80 UMS though, still an A, but I have done so bad in this exam, that it doesnt really matter what I got in C1 or C2, because I did so crap in this exam. Lucky to get like 40 UMS lol.

Yeah! Was sooo happy with C1 and C2, OCR just had to get me right down to feeling like crap again :lol:

I did D1 as well today. They clashed, so it was a case of your D1 paper getting swapped for your S1. I was looking forward to S1 actually, because I thought I could do it, and I'd been getting solid As in ppapers. But today was just one kick in the teeth followed by another...
Original post by bigsam
what was the answer to 6part i)

I personally got -0.2 :smile:
Reply 158
surely the amount of people saying they didnt do well though the grade boundries will be low (Y)
Reply 159
I there a discussion thread as long as this for the AQA D1 paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending