The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My friend told me that Zara was meant to be a shop for black guys. Is that right? Seems random.
Reply 41
302935_mrp_fr_l.jpg

Anyone know of a good place to look for a pair of shoes such as these? And the tie? Tried the usual TM Lewin etc. to no avail.
Original post by Fuzzed_Out
Budget is everything buddy!

I'm not fussed. Willing to splash out because I'm that desperate (nothing too mad though lol).
Original post by CountMancula
I'm not fussed. Willing to splash out because I'm that desperate (nothing too mad though lol).

Well with jeans you can really spend as much as you want, Levi's are pretty much always a straight bet but denim is endless. I personally wear quite heavy weight denim and put up with the heat but if your desperate you could always move towards lighter chino material but cut like a jean denim.

It's difficult to recommend stuff without knowing what your after really, I'd say just go on asos and slap your fit, size and price window in and see if you like anything.

This store also does some nice stuff, I've ordered from them a few times and they're always really quick to deliver.
http://www.denimgeek.com/jeans-c19#sort3
Subbed
Reply 46
Original post by chupacabraconcadabra

It's alright but what's with the thing on the left shoulder? I also prefer my trench coats to be a bit longer.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Sorry but it looks pretty terrible. Even on the model the fit is poor, every single button is pulling in a way that it shouldn't be.
Reply 48

Big mistake, cheap clothing from Chinese sellers on Ebay is notoriously awful even if it looks ok in the picture (and it doesn't, it looks like it fits badly). It will most likely be made of some god awful plastic based material. You'll find better quality from Primark. Cancel the order if you still can.
Reply 49
What you guys think about this suit for work possibly? Think it can be used for anything else?

31Bbi-HhJ4L._SX280_SY418_SH35_.jpg

Jacket and trousers is £100 from M&S , I'm on a budget.
Reply 50
I can't tell if it's black or navy!? If it's navy it looks fine. If its black it isn't.

Reply 51
Was just about to say the same. Get it in navy not in black.
Reply 52
Original post by Mess.
I can't tell if it's black or navy!? If it's navy it looks fine. If its black it isn't.

I've always heard people say that a black suit is not suitable for business, but I have never understood why... care to explain? :biggrin:

Merci!
Reply 53
There's a Reiss 10% event today. Might investigate these:

Reply 54
Original post by gtcalder
I've always heard people say that a black suit is not suitable for business, but I have never understood why... care to explain? :biggrin:

Merci!

It's really only suitable for funerals and weddings and maybe black tie events (if you don't have a tux). You could use a particularly nice one for an interview I guess, but it's definitely not something you should be wearing regularly.
Reply 55
Reiss :coma:
Original post by Tom_Sg
I prefer mocassin .... I have worked for the brand Bobbies as a salesman. I ... recommend them !

www.bobbies.fr

:love:

rep for this

EDIT: nice feature on mrporter about a certain Japanese gentleman, some nice shots and good style ideas
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by tsnake23
Big mistake, cheap clothing from Chinese sellers on Ebay is notoriously awful even if it looks ok in the picture (and it doesn't, it looks like it fits badly). It will most likely be made of some god awful plastic based material. You'll find better quality from Primark. Cancel the order if you still can.

I've bought from that particular seller before and it was alright. Yeah the material isn't good quality, it's sort of primark quality at best. I'm not expecting it to be great quality, that's what I get for being cheap and not wanting to spend much on a coat, but it looks good enough to me.

What exactly is wrong with the fit? To the untrained eye(mine) the fit looks perfectly fine :0
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 58
Need a suit/shirt/tie for prom, don't want to spend much over £100 for the suit.
Not terribly bothered about quality, don't expect to wear it more than once a year, wouldn't mind getting a fairly nice tie from somewhere though.

Any tips on where to look?

I'm probably a 36, which cuts down my options, usually going for XS in most places because I'm only about 5'7. Last year remember having to go to Topman to find somewhere that did suits that actually fitted.
£25 to spend on a nice polo shirt in XS or a nice casual long sleeve shirt in XS. Any ideas?

Latest