The Student Room Group

EDL leader joins Sikh protest in Luton about arrest of suspected muslim rapist

Scroll to see replies

sikh girl gets involved with muslim guy. Exchange "sexy pics" , have sex, bit of domestic violence, girl gets blackmailed (honour/shame etc) . . . . EDL try and get in on the issue to cause rift between sikhs and muslims...
Original post by Dubstep Prince
Well it was said that if you don't pray you are a hypocrite. And the hypocrites are amongst the dwellers of the fire.
And if someone RAPED a women they have broken two sacred laws. Fornication and cruelty to women.
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said those who are best to their women, are those closest to him. And if a person goes against this deliberately, they must doubt the prophet, subsequently the religion.
And what would scum like women beaters be doing praying? :rolleyes:

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. THE EDL ARE AGAINST ISLAM BECAUSE THEY DISLIKE ASIAN GANGS WHICH CONTAIN MANY YOUTHFUL MEN FROM ASIAN HERITAGE.

But Hindu's and Sikh's also participate. But they know Muslim's are more vulnerable due to the **** media.
That is why.

We are not aware of 'hindu or sikh or for that matter buddhist gangs that have been convicted fo the same stuff that muslims gangs have. SO unless you have conculsive proof, what you say is untrue.

Many muslims beat women and then go to mosue, they are practicing muslims. There are hadeeths about beating women and islamic laws in various countires maintain a mans right to use force on a woman.
Reply 22
Original post by Old Father Time
They're only supporting this because they think it will help their own cause. If it was a man who was a sikh who did the crime, they would be in the crowd of christians/muslims protesting. Its all racist nonsense. Justice should prevail disregarding religion. Lets face it, if it was a Christian man who committed the crime, he would not be there, and the fact that he is just shows how petty and racist he and the EDL are, who try to bully other religions, particularly Islam. I'd kick EDL and BNP members out of the country and welcome all the law abiding Muslims and people of any religion who come here to work hard and live a free life.

Well said :yep:
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
Why are putting words in qutotations that neither i or none else here actually used?

There have been a number of recent high profile cases of muslim men convicted of sexual offenses against women and juveniles. Im sure portestors in luton are fully aware of these too. The EDL make great political capital from these cases( amoungst others)

if you are saying youre unware of them you are either lieing or pretending they didnt happen

So you're basically making claims without actually backing it up with statistical evidences.

It's easy to post a few cases that get media attention, but clearly, for you; it's not easy to get any statistical data that would back up your arguments. (that "Muslims abusing women and children is on the high").

I rest my case; this Sikh march is exaggerated, without even knowing whether the person is guilty or innocent. And I personally would take it all with a pinch, considering dailymail is the source.

SO unless you have conculsive proof, what you say is untrue.

Don't be such a hypocrite and actually follow your own advise.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by silent ninja
Did they target her cos she was Sikh?

I don't like this idea of distinguishing criminals by their religion or skin colour. A criminal is a criminal. It sounds like the Sikhs are taking this as a personal attack on their community by "those Muslims.". If there's a miscarriage of justice, why does it matter what religion the girl is? Sounds rather hypocritical.

This is why the sikh community tend to be protective over sikh girls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma5mExYX5u4
Reply 25
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Original post by aarora
This is why the sikh community tend to be protective over sikh girls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma5mExYX5u4

Not representative. It's not an institutional problem which is how the protest comes across.

I know Sikhs that have told me they are told regularly in the temple that Muslims are their sworn enemy and should be treated with hostility. Thankfully our community isn't as close minded as that. You won't see Despatches programme about it nor would I want to, but anything regarding Muslims is highlighted, usually overblown and always negative.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
What can you even do if you want the country to get better and not worse? There isn't even a side you can support. Everybody will either inflame tensions and make the reactionary react or support people who are ****ers because they feel sorry for them.
Original post by Perseveranze
So you're basically making claims without actually backing it up with statistical evidences.

It's easy to post a few cases that get media attention, but clearly, for you; it's not easy to get any statistical data that would back up your arguments. (that "Muslims abusing women and children is on the high").

Don't be such a hypocrite and actually follow your own advise.

Again, why are you putting random words in quotes as if someone here siad them - they didnt :dontknow: strange habit

The point has been made that recent coverage has shown multiple muslim men jailed for sexual offenses recently and no doubt this adds fuel to the situation there in luton for this case.
Not representative. It's not an institutional problem which is how the protest comes across.

I know Sikhs that have told me they are told regularly in the temple that Muslims are their sworn enemy and should be treated with hostility. Thankfully our community isn't as close minded as that. You won't see Despatches programme about it nor would I want to, but anything regarding Muslims is highlighted, usually overblown and always negative.

So noone has ever shown mosques where preachers have been yelling to congregations that non muslims are infidels and are the enemy?

And of course no muslim has ever gone out to kill 'infidels' in suicide attack in the name of islam of course, nor sexually assault non muslim females (as in this case)
Reply 30
There always has been tension between sikhs and muslims, since they were having wars with swords vs each other. Even now its rare a muslim and a sikh date and if they want to get married i'm sure one family would disown their child. Though i'm surprised that a single isolated incident would start a protest. Maybe there's more too it then this thread has shown.
Reply 31

And of course no muslim has ever gone out to kill 'infidels' in suicide attack in the name of islam of course, nor sexually assault non muslim females (as in this case)

And of course no christian has ever raped women in countries such as Vietnam, nor has any sikh ever harmed another man.
Original post by Old Father Time
They're only supporting this because they think it will help their own cause. If it was a man who was a sikh who did the crime, they would be in the crowd of christians/muslims protesting. Its all racist nonsense. Justice should prevail disregarding religion. Lets face it, if it was a Christian man who committed the crime, he would not be there, and the fact that he is just shows how petty and racist he and the EDL are, who try to bully other religions, particularly Islam. I'd kick EDL and BNP members out of the country and welcome all the law abiding Muslims and people of any religion who come here to work hard and live a free life.

The MHOC BNP Party will not be amused by this.
they will show support to sikhs when the muslims are rid they will show support to hindus get rid of sikhs then they will join blacks get rid of hindus...
Original post by user1-4
And of course no christian has ever raped women in countries such as Vietnam, nor has any sikh ever harmed another man.

we were talking about what people are taught in mosque/temple, about other religons, dont jump in of the middle of a conversation you havent understood .
Original post by umarrehman187
they will show support to sikhs when the muslims are rid they will show support to hindus get rid of sikhs then they will join blacks get rid of hindus...

reminds me of that scene from In Bruges when colin farrell talks about muslims...
reminds me of that scene from In Bruges when colin farrell talks about muslims...

not seen it mate
Original post by Dubstep Prince

And it amuses me greatly that Sikh's are collaborating with the EDL.

Who says Sikhs are 'collaborating' with the EDL - the EDL member just got into the crowd for a bit more publicity because they support anyone and anything that is against Islam.

A lot Sikhs come into the country illegally, whereas many British people I know converted to Islam so they would have more right in the country.

Are you kidding me? :facepalm:
Many people of many religions come into this country illegally. I know people who work for the UKBA and immigration and they have said that a huge amount of illegal immigrants are also muslim - a small example would be people from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc.

What an idiotic arguement you have made.

I know Sikhs that have told me they are told regularly in the temple that Muslims are their sworn enemy and should be treated with hostility.

Lol.

What makes you think muslims don't think the same?

I am not muslim and I've had Muslims making comments against my community in front of me. I have met many muslims who feel that non-muslims are their mortal enemy.

There is hatred on both sides, and part of the reason is the blood filled history that muslims and hindus/sikhs have.
We are not aware of 'hindu or sikh or for that matter buddhist gangs that have been convicted fo the same stuff that muslims gangs have. SO unless you have conculsive proof, what you say is untrue.

Many muslims beat women and then go to mosue, they are practicing muslims. There are hadeeths about beating women and islamic laws in various countires maintain a mans right to use force on a woman.

This.

I agree fully with everything you're saying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending