The Student Room Group

Have you used this book?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1841466565/ref=aw_cr_d_books?qid=1344342071&sr=1-11

Would it be any use in terms of helping me learn biology from scratch?
Reply 1
I used this last year SSHS44_xlge.gif Which includes Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I recommend it (I got A* in chemistry and predicted that in Biology and Physics, I'll soon find out).

In terms of learning Biology from scratch, these books are better for revisiting what you have done already in class. It would prepare you and give you a feel for the syllabus, but I would just say to wait until your actually being taught.
Reply 2
The reason I need something which will teach me it from scratch is because I was home schooled for the gcse years and only completed some in college this past year, but non of those were science related and I would like to do biology but as I know absolutely nothing I would prefer to know some basics first
Yes. Everything you need is in them.
Reply 4
it's good for biology however if you don't do triple science and you only do core or additional then i suggest you get a different book as the separate books include unit 7 which triple science students only do

trust me, i do/did triple science :sigh:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
I've used those books and they are brilliant! However, when revising from those books, learn every detail (even those which you think are not important or briefly look over) since when I was revising for my exams, everything I needed to know from the specification was written in those books. :smile:
Reply 6
I always recommend CGP for GCSE level revision. They seem to get just the right tone and explain things really well. A shame this doesn't hold above GCSE level though.
Original post by tory88
I always recommend CGP for GCSE level revision. They seem to get just the right tone and explain things really well. A shame this doesn't hold above GCSE level though.

Which revision guides would you recommend for A level out of interest? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Which revision guides would you recommend for A level out of interest? :smile:

For maths and further maths, I recommend this series of books: www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-AS-Level-Modular-Mathematics/dp/0435519212/ref=pd_sim_b_1. For science, I got by well on my standard school textbook, but to be honest for A-Level science the best method is probably to get the specification and use a combination of the textbook and the internet.
Reply 9
Thanks for the replies guys:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending