The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Licence Agreement Packs

I recieved my licence agreement pack today and have just filled it in and completed it, I have also uploaded my photo for the aber card ready for when we get there! Has anyone else had their licence packs through yet?

Its nice now that everything is done, only thing now is to make sure I get everything I need ready to move up in september :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got the letter too. I don't have time to do i right now. I understood I have to pay the £100 right away, right?
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by Elevant
I got the letter too. I don't have time to do i right now. I understood I have to pay the £100 right away, right?

Yes, you have 7 days from receiving the license pack to complete it, pay £100 deposit and return it. If you fail to do it in time you will lose your accommodation offer.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by The Optimistic Ram
Yes, you have 7 days from receiving the license pack to complete it, pay £100 deposit and return it. If you fail to do it in time you will lose your accommodation offer.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

No, yes, I got the 7 day part, but I have to pay the £100 as I am confirming my place, or can I do it like an hour later?
Reply 4
Original post by Elevant
No, yes, I got the 7 day part, but I have to pay the £100 as I am confirming my place, or can I do it like an hour later?

When going through the application, you have to pay the £100 before you can move on to the following sections to complete the licence agreement and print of the key release form!
Reply 5
Original post by Ddraig Goch
When going through the application, you have to pay the £100 before you can move on to the following sections to complete the licence agreement and print of the key release form!

Ok, thanks. I needed to know so I don't start when I don't have my bank passwords with me.
Reply 6
Original post by Elevant
Ok, thanks. I needed to know so I don't start when I don't have my bank passwords with me.

You don't need passwords, or well I didn't, it was just the card number, start and expiery date and security code on the back of the card and name of person on the card!
Reply 7
Setting the password to activate the student account is so annoying... I must have tried over 10+ times...
Reply 8
I've done it all now :biggrin: Roll on September :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by PaperBoy
Setting the password to activate the student account is so annoying... I must have tried over 10+ times...

I had the same problem, took me a while until it accepted what I put in!

Original post by Jabberwox
I've done it all now :biggrin: Roll on September :biggrin:

Awesome, if you haven't already then in the next day or so you should get an email saying you have completed it and have the accommodation fees direct debit mandate to complete and post then its all done (for those who are unsure what the reference number on there is, from talking with others I believe it is the 9 digit student number that is on the key release form) :smile:

I know right!

I ended up having to open Notepad bash the keyboard, and copy and paste whatever I got until it was accepted. :lol:
Reply 11
Original post by Elevant

I think you have to have paid the £100 within the 7 day limit. (You get it back at the end of the year though, in fact it's quite nice having £100 tucked away for the summer, xD)
Reply 12

A PhD student I know posted this on Facebook the other day about how ridiculous the passwords are: http://www.xkcd.com/936/
They're not even any more secure. I just chose a random one and in time memorised it.
Reply 13
Lol don't even get me started on the password thing. I actually rage quit last time and decided to come back to it another day. It got to the stage where I was mashing the keyboard and it was telling me it was 'similar to a word in the German dictionary'. My eventual password was literally the barcode of a DVD on my desk with a few random letters thrown in.
Reply 14
I have to do the direct debit thing before I go to Aber, right? But can I change the account from which the payemts go off during the year? I want to make myself a bank account in UK as I want to get a job while in Uni and then have them pay me money on the account and then i can pay the accomodation from there too.
So I can change the bank, right? I mean, they have to have the opurtunty, my old bank could go out of business :biggrin:.

I got my password on the first try!
Reply 15
agreed on setting up the password, its bloody annoying
just done the aber card photos and im sorting out my license pack today, cant wait!
Reply 16
All done, just need to upload a photo and send in the Direct Debit mandate! WOOP WOOP!
Reply 17
How is a TV less of a fire hazard than christmas lights?
Original post by Reffariiii
All done, just need to upload a photo and send in the Direct Debit mandate! WOOP WOOP!

I have to wait on the Direct Debit mandate because I'm an international student and I haven't set up a UK bank yet. I'm sure they are used to this but it still makes me a bit nervous. :/
Reply 19
Original post by AndromedaLight
I have to wait on the Direct Debit mandate because I'm an international student and I haven't set up a UK bank yet. I'm sure they are used to this but it still makes me a bit nervous. :/

Hey, I'm from EU and I wrote to them askinf wether I can do the DD when I get there since I won't have a UK bank account before that, and they said it was fine. So don't be nervous :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest