The Student Room Group

GCSE Art title: Forces

So the title of our portfolio is FORCES.
I need to do a primary sketch by Monday yet i have no idea of which direction I'm going in :/ Does anyone have an idea of an object i could sketch that would fit into any topic when i later decide?

Heres a list of topic I came up with related to forces:

Imposing architecture
Human use or neglect/peeling paint/rusted metal
Weathering
Looking up at buildings

Natural forces/beauty
Natural disasters/beaches and pebbles
Harnessing natural forces
Power of animal’s jaws
Sports force of the human body
Gravity space astronauts

Bending, twisting, melting, freezing
Pressing, crushing, stretching, pushing, pulling hot candle wax

Force of Love

I love painting animals and out of the above list I'm most interested in the Force Of Love...
I really don't want to do any human portraiture as I'm not very good at it, does anyone have any better ideas? I basically have to choose 2 and then link them...
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I seem to have hit a mind-blank...
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I just got given this paper and i'm also stuck so I guess we can both help each other?

I came up with these ideas in my lesson today:-

1. Force of fear
2. Force of surprise
3. Force of society - peer pressure etc.

Im the same. Hit a mind blank and can't draw human faces/bodies and my strengths are with patterns so...

Hope I helped a little....
Reply 2
Ooh your ideas sound great!
I decided on doing the force of love combined with the force of movement, its always good to have two topics that you can merge together as you have more options of topics you can use. For my first primary study I drew a melting candle, for my second one I drew a rose and my first secondary study is of a baby elephant walking around with its mother so I'm just going with the flow here :smile:
Sounds great! I chose personality after all, which I can include body art in as that is a strength of mine. I can also include emotion which is a good thing to study! :smile:
Reply 4
I'm also stuck! i really like the force of decay so like a person and half the face is like rotting away...yeah i know it's disgusting lol but i was hoping to show that you cant stop aging. i also like nature so i would love to draw a waterfall. other than that i am blank! i really like your idea of the force of love! i can't even draw people either so im screwed! lol.
Is this Edexcel? If so it'll be mine too :facepalm: forces!!

What on earth do I do?

My personal project was already done on architecture...

:zomg: I have an idea!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm interested in doing the force of love but I have no idea where to start and I need to do some work on it in time for tomorrow :s

I have a few toddlers as brothers and sisters so is there anything I could show using them?
Even if it's a different topic other than love I dont mind just please can someone give me some ideas as I'm Soo stuck
Original post by Anon12345678
I'm interested in doing the force of love but I have no idea where to start and I need to do some work on it in time for tomorrow :s

I have a few toddlers as brothers and sisters so is there anything I could show using them?
Even if it's a different topic other than love I dont mind just please can someone give me some ideas as I'm Soo stuck

The forces of love, hatred and impulse between family :tongue:
Reply 8
has anyone got any good atrist they know of for force of love?
I know whati want to do, but i just can't seem to find any artist that are relvent to what i want to do.
Quite a hard theme...

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
hey everyone i am doing gcse art so far

i have done forces of nature eg ( waterfalls , whirl pools ect..)

force of personalty for example martin Luther king he has changed the world so black and white can mix

and i think to do sport or object in the exam paper

maybe we can swap ideas and help each other thank you
My first piece, I quite like the flag:

uploadfromtaptalk1363332244308.jpg
Hi i have this topic too
for ideas type force into an online thesaurus it gives loads of ideas.
one idea is too look at squashing, stretching ect
Reply 13
I have focused on the forces in fashion. I know that this is something that people do not really think of as something that has a lot of force but in reality it does. I am mainly looking at shoes. People are judged on the clothes that they wear and a lot of people dress to make an impact on their appearances.
But I'm finding it hard to annotate why shoes are forceful. Any help?
Reply 14
Original post by sjones0987
I have focused on the forces in fashion. I know that this is something that people do not really think of as something that has a lot of force but in reality it does. I am mainly looking at shoes. People are judged on the clothes that they wear and a lot of people dress to make an impact on their appearances.
But I'm finding it hard to annotate why shoes are forceful. Any help?

they're a girls best friend! hahah.:tongue:
naa but on a serious note, you could show how just from someone's shoes, you can stereotypically tell their personalities - e.g trainers,heels,comfortable,uncomfortable,vibrant,dull,branded,non branded- about maybe their age perhaps, their personality etc.
you can use some good quotes too like 'good shoes will take you good places' etc, I find that i feel my art work is more symbolic and meaningful with the addition of quotes :-)
I'm sorry this is kinda crap but I can't think of much this late :tongue: good luck!
Reply 15
oh & btw- I'm also doing the force of love! along with the force of beauty, so far I feel so excited for my project which is really good because I practically hated & hence failed my ordinary and extraordinary one! but I'm a bit stuck on artists studies and I need two... can anyone suggest any good artists that may have anything to do with love? for example paintings/sketches of friends,family,lovers, etc.
I already am aware of gustav klimt- the kiss (If I said that right) :colondollar:
but it's really not my style...
My strength is in drawing people, thanks !
& good luck everyone!
Could anyone help me please? :smile: I'm doing the force of nature, kinda boring but I don't know what else to do! I've done photography but I don't know how I should present it in my final piece?
Reply 17
Hey i need help i'm doing origami (forcing the paper to fold) and i need to do my presentation, i have to do a powerpoint and i don't know how to do it :frown:
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
I am looking for some space artists for my final piece topic in art. The exam is with edexcel with FORCE as the final topic and i have chosen natural world. i want to do something related to space or waterfalls and i have to do and artist study just wondering what artists are there for these topics thanks.
Reply 19
I had this for my GCSE art exam work and I decided to look at forces of nature and I then developed this into elemental forces. I went to the woods near my house and took photos of water (My original idea) for primary research but then I realised that studying water wouldn't be such a good ides, so I changed it to look at earth as an element. And then for my final piece (I got an E for my final piece and my coursework, my teacher hated me) I took a picture of a tree and edited it on photoshop and then painted it and used biro over the top.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending