The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you play sports? It could be because of muscle pulls and exercise.
Reply 2
I'm wondering the same as Leilah, if you search google you'll find a number of topics regarding this where people seem to make that conclusion. But as always if it continues then I'd go to the Doctor just to be sure if for nothing else but piece of mind.
Reply 3
Morbo
it could be cancer. get it checked.

Can you please REFRAIN from making ignorant, ill informed posts simply for the purpose of scaremongering? Twitching is not listed as a symptom of testicular cancer in any source whatsoever.

OP it's probably just benign fasciculation (harmless involuntary twitching). It can occur in any area of the body, actually I'm having problems with a similar thing in my eyelid at the moment. It's often triggered by anxiety so try not to stress out about it. Probably the best thing you can do is just go and get a GP to check it to put your mind at rest. It's almost certainly not anything to worry about.
Reply 4
Jennybean
Probably the best thing you can do is just go and get a GP to check it to put your mind at rest.

You gave the same advice as me.

I was just illustrating how pointless it is to get a diagnosis on a bloody student forum.
Reply 5
Morbo
You gave the same advice as me.

I was just illustrating how pointless it is to get a diagnosis on a bloody student forum.

Yeah but it could be a STD, SacOfBalls Twitching Disorder, so yeah doctors.
Reply 6
The likely diagnosis is something benign which will return to normal soon enough, but there is the possibility that it's a hernia or similar and therefore something that's definitely worth getting seen by your GP relatively soon.
Reply 7
I will if it continues i.e tomorrow then i will seek advice. I would say it was unlikely to be an STD since I have only ever received oral sex (sorry to be crude). Never had sexual intercourse if you get my drift...

I'm worried but thinking about it, it's unlikely to be any serious. It's not like an acute pain, just feels like an impulse every now and again.
Reply 8
What cause hernia's??? Maybe then I could check the potential causes agaisnt what I have done.
Reply 9
Doji
Yeah but it could be a STD, SacOfBalls Twitching Disorder, so yeah doctors.

Personally, I would always go to the docs if I thought something was up with my gooleys. It's just not worth it!

And your body is quite good at telling you if something needs to be looked at - basically, if it's getting in the way of your normal activities, then you need to get some treatment. Back in the day, cavemen would be forever recovering from various injuries, so they'd be used to little things bothering them. It's only if they couldn't hunt properly that they might think they should do something about it.
Reply 10
Anonymous
What cause hernia's??? Maybe then I could check the potential causes agaisnt what I have done.

When you lift something heavy with bad form.
Reply 11
Anonymous
The misconception is that there is something that causes hernias, although lifting or straining can cause them to 'pop out', most of the time there's never an identifiable cause.
Reply 12
Doji
When you lift something heavy with bad form.

:>.<:
Reply 13
Too much bashing?
Reply 14
Anonymous
Its like something is moving quickly from one side to the other.

It's your sperm working together to freak you out.

Doctor will sort the little buggers out.
I know this sounds gay, but if you feel your testicle, the tube going into your body from the one annoying you, is it slightly engorged? If so, you may have a cist, nothing major, the doctor may just leave it and it will go away or they may operate
Reply 16
What are the chances of it being a hernia? The main is not acute i.e it doesn't really hurt a great deal. It is more like a pulse down there. It's still remain today but it doesn't appear to be as frequent.

Any advice?
Reply 17
go and get it checked out. its causing you a problem so itl be worth it :smile:
Reply 18
Anonymous
What are the chances of it being a hernia?
Couldn't tell you.

Any advice?
See your GP relatively soon.
I inquired about the same issue and it may also simply be related to a