The Student Room Group

Sleeping pills - right one

I was out til very late last night, but I didn't feel tired, and haven't sleep at all, but just thought of things last night and I'm still not tired, lol.
This is bad, I am sort of an insomniac person, but days when I dont sleep at all, I become really moody.
I went to Boots, therenare so many sleeping pills.
I want some that will knock me out straightaway, but wont give any side effects. Which one should I buy?

Love Bluengel xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I use Sleepeaze before exams. It doesnt knock you out as such, but makes you really tired and I always get a good night's sleep when I take it. It wears off after 8 hours and I haven't had any side effects.
Reply 2
do some exercise, have a hot shower and then have a nice hot milky drink.

taking pills should always be a last resort.
Jenna999
I use Sleepeaze before exams. It doesnt knock you out as such, but makes you really tired and I always get a good night's sleep when I take it. It wears off after 8 hours and I haven't had any side effects.

I need one that will knock me out right now, so I can catch up on lost sleep from Friday and Saturday. But thanks anyway. :smile:
naelse
do some exercise, have a hot shower and then have a nice hot milky drink.

taking pills should always be a last resort.

lol, I did all them things, last night I was in the hot bubble bath for hours in lavendar as well, then I had horlicks, then I read a book thinking it would make me fall asleep, an hour ago, I exercised for ages, I do it regularly anyway to keep myself toned. Sorry hun, it didnt work.
i've been on diazepam (valium) lately (for anti-anxiety) and its been making me sleepy all the time!!
where can I get Valium from?
Is that a joke? Valium is no sleeping cure!! Tyr something herbal from a place like Dr and Herbs, they tend to be very effective and mean u arent groggy when you wake up either.
BlueAngel
where can I get Valium from?

drug stores. (or vet clinics. :rolleyes: )
annabellewalter
Is that a joke? Valium is no sleeping cure!! Tyr something herbal from a place like Dr and Herbs, they tend to be very effective and mean u arent groggy when you wake up either.

i'm only on valium for anti-anxiety treatment.
i work at boots as a healthcare assistant and sleepeaze is good for relaxing but for a sleeping pill to get quick results is nytol one a night as its the strongest but wont leave you with that groggy mediciney feelin in the morning
also am quite worried about the amount of students taking anti depressants or so called anti anxiety pills these have long term effects
I reckon I could be doing with some of the old sleeping pills, although i'd wanna be sure there was no side effects..!
*listens in on conversation*
Just_Peachy
i work at boots as a healthcare assistant and sleepeaze is good for relaxing but for a sleeping pill to get quick results is nytol one a night as its the strongest but wont leave you with that groggy mediciney feelin in the morning

Do things like Nytol only work for certain people, or do they work with everybody? Is it medicine type stuff or pills? Whats the deal with it, does it gently send you to sleep?
afireinside©
Do things like Nytol only work for certain people, or do they work with everybody? Is it medicine type stuff or pills? Whats the deal with it, does it gently send you to sleep?

nytol and other sleeping pills are meant for all types of people but however not all of them work in the same way because peoples bodies react differently they are not too harmful but if you take sleeping tablets for more than 4 weeks it will disturd your sleeping pattern and you will be reliant on the pills to sleep then become immune to them and have to take more this is only in prolonged and serious cases HOWEVER there is herbal nytol which works REALLY WELL and is natural and not harmful so i suggest this okie dokie? :biggrin::biggrin:
Just_Peachy
nytol and other sleeping pills are meant for all types of people but however not all of them work in the same way because peoples bodies react differently they are not too harmful but if you take sleeping tablets for more than 4 weeks it will disturd your sleeping pattern and you will be reliant on the pills to sleep then become immune to them and have to take more this is only in prolonged and serious cases HOWEVER there is herbal nytol which works REALLY WELL and is natural and not harmful so i suggest this okie dokie? :biggrin::biggrin:

Where do I get this herbal Nytol stuff from? :smile:
Boots the chemist lol where i work OR pretty much ANY CHEMIST! like lloyds, sarsons, some superdrugs maybe
Reply 17
I take nytol herbal pretty good puts me to sleep very easily just compleatly clears ur mind of everything :smile:
Thanks TSR!!!!
I just bought Nytol Caplets, and it says it should work. I've took them and I feel drowsy, see you all.
Peppi
I take nytol herbal pretty good puts me to sleep very easily just compleatly clears ur mind of everything :smile:

Cool, how long should you take it before you plan to sleep?
Would I be ok using them for a few months.. like from now until June? Weird one I know, but I always have trouble sleeping, and of late I have so many thinks worrying me/on my mind I think it's the only answer..

So..?

Latest