The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Capitalism
I take them very seriously. Last month when the 2009 rankings came out and my university dropped a spot, I threw myself down a gorge. My body was eventually eaten by bears and never to be found again.

The following day a different ranking came out and my uni actually went up, whereupon Jesus himself (who also subscribes to Newsweek and the Times) descended on to my putrid, mangled corpse and gave me a douse of what-the-hell Lazarus had and, well, here I am.

Sorry but if you're going for the humourous satire effect you might aswell be consistent :p:

Did make me laugh though :yep:
Reply 61
Meteorshower
Sorry but if you're going for the humourous satire effect you might aswell be consistent :p:

Did make me laugh though :yep:

I'm pretty sure if Jesus put his mind to it, he could find his corpse, what with the x-ray vision hes got. (Matthew 10:12)
I only looked at them after deciding where I wanted to go, just to see where my uni came. Didn't change my mind at all
Massive pinch of salt.
harmonik
I'm pretty sure if Jesus put his mind to it, he could find his corpse, what with the x-ray vision hes got. (Matthew 10:12)

Could he descend on his putrid mangled corpse without finding it though? :p:
Meteorshower
Could he descend on his putrid mangled corpse without finding it though? :p:

He's God, he can do anything, that's the rules.
prash_s90
league tables are my bible and Qaran

same, but i'm atheist

= l

actually, for the most part, i do take them seriously. the only people who dont are those at crappy unis.
River85
The world tables are just as bad as the Guardian, with just as biased a view. Favouring the large unis, particularly those with high numbers of international staff and students. How does that affect my education?

what about subject league tables, I used this, sheffield chemistry is high up in the times (and I applied o york)
Reply 68
All at once
same, but i'm atheist

= l

actually, for the most part, i do take them seriously. the only people who dont are those at crappy unis.

Cause and effect. :p:
ChemistBoy
He's God, he can do anything, that's the rules.

I thought he was jesus? Can he do anything?
Meteorshower
I thought he was jesus? Can he do anything?

Most versions of christianity accept that Jesus is God too.
Sick Puppy
I only looked at them after deciding where I wanted to go, just to see where my uni came. Didn't change my mind at all

when I started looking at unis, after region (I choose north and yorkshire)

the only way to filter through was to use league tables,pick 5, and then view them.

how did you choose?, you just saw one and was smitten? seems a poor way to go about things
Reply 72
ChemistBoy

Stop spamming ChemistBoy.
ChemistBoy

Ok I stand corrected
WOLLSMOTH

Find out what the LSE is and how degrees are classified and then I might consider debating with you, otherwise you aren't even on tier 6.
TheSophist
when I started looking at unis, after region (I choose north and yorkshire)

the only way to filter through was to use league tables,pick 5, and then view them.

how did you choose?, you just saw one and was smitten? seems a poor way to go about things

I looked up my couse on UCAS, ignored the ones that I knew I didn't want to go to and had a look at the rest on their websites. Ordered a bunch of prospectuses and went to open days.

I didn't just see one and liked it, though at the open day of the uni I applied to I did just know. And no it's not a poor way of going about it.
Reply 76
ChemistBoy
Find out what the LSE is and how degrees are classified and then I might consider debating with you, otherwise you aren't even on tier 6.

LSE is the London School of Economics. I also know how degrees are classified thank you. I'm not any tier yet..
WOLLSMOTH
LSE is the London School of Economics.

One of the best universities to study science at, according to you.

I also know how degrees are classified thank you.

2:3, yes? That's a real degree classification, is it?
Sick Puppy
I looked up my couse on UCAS, ignored the ones that I knew I didn't want to go to and had a look at the rest on their websites. Ordered a bunch of prospectuses and went to open days.

I didn't just see one and liked it, though at the open day of the uni I applied to I did just know. And no it's not a poor way of going about it.

I would think it better to use subject league tables to look for good departments though, rather than spending hours roaming through prospectuses (I did know what subject I was looking for though)
Reply 79
WOLLSMOTH

You're such a troll I could take a picture of you and claim I discovered a new species.

Latest

Trending

Trending