The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Ntu Accommodation

ive just accepted my place at NTU for 2009 on the graphics design course, but ive been trying to look at all the accommodations and really cant tell what they're gonna be likee
any current students that could tell me which is the best halls for a lively social atmosphere?? but i dont really want to live too far out of the way of the city campus, i like to be in the centre of all the buzz :yep:
help muchhh apprichiatedd :woo:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Gill street is the nicest accommodation but also the most expensive.
Sandby and Hampden are also close to the city life.
I'm deciding between Gill street and Sandby.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
i think so too about gill street, it was the only one i saw on the open day!!
i heard a couple of bad things about the other two you mentioned and now im not sure; im also not sure if thats just people being a bit too picky?

have you had an accomodation pack through?? because i've had nothing yet but i really want to secure a place quickly either way
i thought sandby was gone because its not on the website at the moment but i emailed them and they said its website maintenance **duhh**
Reply 3
BizarreBass

i heard a couple of bad things about the other two you mentioned and now im not sure; im also not sure if thats just people being a bit too picky?

QUOTE]

sorry i meant about sandby, because i heard bad stuff about the one right next to sandby aswell (not gill street!) ha
accomodation packs come through end of this month, then booking goes live on 4th may, search accomodation on the ntu threads, theres a big thread about this, because so many people have asked lol

from what ive heard hampden has really small rooms, think im going for Sadby.
Reply 5
haha :smile: thanks ill look for the threads!!
i thought it would be a really bid thingy but im rubbish at anything to do with thready websites!

yeh im not sure about hampden, its got a great location but i dont like the look of the photos or anythin, n i had a look on googls maps lol and its tiny!

i think im swaying towards sandby too!! gills so expensive!! and theres lots of big rooms in sandby! plenty of partyss :smile:

thanks for the info about booking the accomodation! was panaking :eek3:
Reply 6
sannnnnnnnndby
Reply 7
hollie_144
accomodation packs come through end of this month, then booking goes live on 4th may, search accomodation on the ntu threads, theres a big thread about this, because so many people have asked lol

from what ive heard hampden has really small rooms, think im going for Sadby.

booking goes live on the 5th may, not the 4th
Reply 8
abbibebz
booking goes live on the 5th may, not the 4th

Does anybody else think the prices rises for the accomodation is stupid? At a time when we're in recession/credit crunch and all that, the majority of things are coming down (housing especially) yet NTU put their prices up. There appears to be lack of sense there!

I'd already be stretching my loan as it is, now I learn I'll have to stretch it a further £8 a week!!
ChrisE88
Does anybody else think the prices rises for the accomodation is stupid? At a time when we're in recession/credit crunch and all that, the majority of things are coming down (housing especially) yet NTU put their prices up. There appears to be lack of sense there!

I'd already be stretching my loan as it is, now I learn I'll have to stretch it a further £8 a week!!

i agree! my friends are going to manchester uni, and there accomodation is only £80, and thats one of the most expensive. ahh well, cant do anything about it really
I don't suppose anyone here is going to be on the BVC in Sept 2009? As I'm not from Nottingham, I don't know where's a good place to stay...I'm certainly not in tune with prices either because in Hull, rent is pretty darn cheap
Reply 11
Im gonna be goin to Gill Street! Even though its most expensive its the nicest accomodation and in city centre! But cant believe the price rises! Its ridiculous!
Reply 12
Im looking to stay at Gill Street too but after the prices have gone up i was goin to have a look at sandby but it is no longer on the ntu website? Has any one else found this or is it just me? lol
jade91
Im looking to stay at Gill Street too but after the prices have gone up i was goin to have a look at sandby but it is no longer on the ntu website? Has any one else found this or is it just me? lol

yhyh mines the same dont worry lol. im sure it will be on soon..or before we can book accomodation anyway.
Reply 14
im also looking at accomodation at nottingham. I wondered if any of you could help, i have accepted an offer at manchester but my reserve option is nottingham trent, do i have to choose my accomodation for nottingham? Also, looking on the website it says something about a £200 booking fee, whats this about? x
My boyfriend lives in Gill street at the moment

You pay for what you get:

-huge kitchen
-outisde communal areas for bbqs and football etc
-24 hour security
- close to the city centre
- there is always a party in someones flat
- best blocks are b c and e because their so communal

i'm going this year and deff choosing gill street!

:smile:
chelseab
im also looking at accomodation at nottingham. I wondered if any of you could help, i have accepted an offer at manchester but my reserve option is nottingham trent, do i have to choose my accomodation for nottingham? Also, looking on the website it says something about a £200 booking fee, whats this about? x

The 200 pound booking fee is to secure your accommodation - I.E. to make sure that it's reserved for you; it's kinda a deposit towards it.
b and e blocks the best because they have a huge communal area outside
x
Reply 18
Hayleyannerose
b and e blocks the best because they have a huge communal area outside
x

I hope C Block is good cos I have booked it now lol!
Do u no much bout C block? And its location etc? x
xzoe18x
I hope C Block is good cos I have booked it now lol!
Do u no much bout C block? And its location etc? x

my boyf is at gill now, so ive seen quite a lot of it

c block doesnt have like a communcal area outside for bbqs, football etc but im sure you'll get to know everyione there anyway!

im deff going for E block, its got a huge area outside next to B block, great during freshers week x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending