The Student Room Group

Epilating breasts

Hi, keep anon because this is really embarassing...

I was just wondering, is it possible to epilate hair on your breasts? I have a lot of very fine hair there, that i normally wax. But at the moment ive run out of wax, and was wondering if epilating it would work? The hair wont grow back thicker will it? Will it get stubbly when its growing back?

Its just that ive left it ages so even though the hairs are thin, theyre also quite long so im worried that they might just break and i'll end up with stubbly boobs which would be horrendous.

Anyone tried this before?
Thanks loves xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would totally not risk it. Imagine if it grew back thicker...
Reply 2
Epilation causes hair to grow back finer, just like waxing :yes:

If you're worried about the length causing them to snap, use a trimmer first?
It probably wouldn't grow back thicker (epilating is pulling out the hair just like waxing) but personally it would be wayyy too painful for me!
Reply 4
Anonymous
Hi, keep anon because this is really embarassing...

I was just wondering, is it possible to epilate hair on your breasts? I have a lot of very fine hair there, that i normally wax. But at the moment ive run out of wax, and was wondering if epilating it would work? The hair wont grow back thicker will it? Will it get stubbly when its growing back?

Its just that ive left it ages so even though the hairs are thin, theyre also quite long so im worried that they might just break and i'll end up with stubbly boobs which would be horrendous.

Anyone tried this before?
Thanks loves xx

Epilating does the same things as waxing - removing hair from the root. Therefore you will receive the same result you get from waxing. Ignore the 'it might grow back thicker' comment; no hair removal makes hair grow back thicker (if anything, waxing and epilating make it grow back thinner).
Reply 5
Your hairs won't just break... Well I don't have boobs but none of my hair in general ever breaks. It may be just worth waiting until you get some wax if you really feel it's needed.

EDIT: oh you mean break while epilating - I thought u just mean break randomly :confused: I have never epilated so I wouldn't know. That'll teach me to post on girl threads!!
Epilating is painful on your legs...so i definitely wouldn't recommend anybody to try it on their breasts...
Reply 7
Totally should have looked up 'epilating' before coming here.

*shudders*
Reply 8
holy ****. that would be so painful.
the.white.rabbit
Epilating is painful on your legs...so i definitely wouldn't recommend anybody to try it on their breasts...

It's a totally different place. It's painful on your legs - mostly on the front, and ankles, noticed that? - because of the lack of fat. Epilating on a joint or nearer a bone hurts, but on a fatty part it doesn't. Therefore, on your breasts, it wouldn't hurt anywhere near as much, I reckon.
Reply 10
Matt_1991
Totally should have looked up 'epilating' before coming here.

*shudders*

lmao, that made you shudder? In terms of embarrassing girly stuff, this thread rates about a 3 on the scale of 1-10. You're in for a shock, my boy. :p:
lol what? :wtf: We have very fine hair all over our bodies, I think you are overreacting. Do not epilate them!
the.white.rabbit

I quite like it :woo:
voudreau
Your hairs won't just break... Well I don't have boobs but none of my hair in general ever breaks. It may be just worth waiting until you get some wax if you really feel it's needed.

EDIT: oh you mean break while epilating - I thought u just mean break randomly :confused: I have never epilated so I wouldn't know. That'll teach me to post on girl threads!!

Hehe, you have learnt your lesson. :p:
I epilate my balls after i give them a trim and everything's fine, go for it
Reply 15
Your thread title... two words that should never be next to each other. Everrrrr.
assmaster
Your thread title... two words that should never be next to each other. Everrrrr.

This :no: I wouldn't even wax mine. Then again mine seem to be incredibly sensitive and the skin bruises pretty easily... I would hate to think what they would look like after waxing/epilating!
Reply 17
Dijobla
lmao, that made you shudder? In terms of embarrassing girly stuff, this thread rates about a 3 on the scale of 1-10. You're in for a shock, my boy. :p:

Women continue to amaze me. I've never had epilation done to me so I don't really know how it feels etc, but I can't imagine it being pleasant!

Some girl I know on facebook this morning:
'**** ******** found some strange things in her vagina this morning'
View all 28 comments...
Matt_1991
Women continue to amaze me. I've never had epilation done to me so I don't really know how it feels etc, but I can't imagine it being pleasant!

Some girl I know on facebook this morning:
'**** ******** found some strange things in her vagina this morning'
View all 28 comments...

Like what?
Reply 19
i never tried it.
and no, the hair will not grow thicker,
i could guess it will be painful, but hey u said u already wax there,if u don't get any awful bruises when you do that,then i think it will be safe for you to epilate there.

Latest