The Student Room Group

The Inbetweeners - E4

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Stringer987
I dont have a problem with any of the episodes, i think there all funny, but they have my sense of humour anyway so its not that bad, People need to stop comparing it to the past and watch it how it is now

If it had started off at the quality that it is now, I wouldn't have watched it.
last night's was the best one yet of this series.

"Question? PENALTY! Down it you Zulu warrior, down it you Zulu CHIEF CHIEF CHIEF CHIEF!"
Reply 182
I thought last nights episode was hilarious!
Reply 183
Economist
Slightly disappointed by last nights, mainly because Jay wasn't on his usual brilliant form, they should have done some scenes with Jay+Neil down to the union imo. Simon was pretty funny 'i'm going to **** your ******* fanny off you ****' lol until the end which was a bit ****

I thought this was the best episode of the series. All the other episodes have been average.

Jay: Well, when I fingered her, she **** down my arm..

Will: .. Shall we go look where were sleeping then?
Sithius
Pretty crap. Simon smacking his cock repeatedly was just disturbing more than funny I think. Jay's completely random lines like 'she **** down my arm' or 'piss in her mouth' are just stupid. It's like the writers don't know what to write for a funny line so they go for something a child from nursery could come up with. There was the potential for a really funny scene at the start with Simon trying to talk dirty, but they ****** it up with some stupid line too. Really anti climatic overall. They didn't even go to Warwick Uni for crying out loud! I don't solely stay at a friends house near Cambridge Uni and then say I went to Cambridge Uni.

But isn't that the whole point of Jay's character? His awful relationship with his father and his lack of success with girls has basically turned him to telling obvious ridiculous lies in an effort at attention-seeking. He is basically a child who spouts loads of crap about everything in the hope of gaining some attention from everyone else. That's how I've always seen Jay.

Well they did get kicked out early so couldn't really have gone to the Uni with no clothes, except for the night before when they probably should have gone to the SU with the other guys, but oh well.

I can't decide whose first was more embarrassing. Will's or Simon's.
Jay could churn out the same crude lines for 10 series and i'd still find it funny, he's brilliant
Reply 186
sleekchic
But isn't that the whole point of Jay's character? His awful relationship with his father and his lack of success with girls has basically turned him to telling obvious ridiculous lies in an effort at attention-seeking. He is basically a child who spouts loads of crap about everything in the hope of gaining some attention from everyone else. That's how I've always seen Jay.

Well they did get kicked out early so couldn't really have gone to the Uni with no clothes, except for the night before when they probably should have gone to the SU with the other guys, but oh well.

Jay wants attention but he also wants respect from his mates. By telling obvious ******** lies again and again he's clearly not going to get respect. That's why in the first 2 series (especially the first) he was never over the top. He wanted his lies to believable so that he could maintain respect whilst getting attention.
Sithius
Jay wants attention but he also wants respect from his mates. By telling obvious ******** lies again and again he's clearly not going to get respect. That's why in the first 2 series (especially the first) he was never over the top. He wanted his lies to believable so that he could maintain respect whilst getting attention.

So why are his lies over the top in series 3? (Other than the obvious because it's the writers' say)
Reply 188
sleekchic
So why are his lies over the top in series 3? (Other than the obvious because it's the writers' say)

Poor writing... and many others agree with me. He isn't real you know. :p: He is as the writers write him.
I love jay! He is just a virgin living in denial so he makes up all this crap to cover that fact, the only one to believe him is neil!
sleekchic

Technically, they're both still virgins :rofl:
Sithius
Pretty crap. Simon smacking his cock repeatedly was just disturbing more than funny I think. Jay's completely random lines like 'she **** down my arm' or 'piss in her mouth' are just stupid. It's like the writers don't know what to write for a funny line so they go for something a child from nursery could come up with. There was the potential for a really funny scene at the start with Simon trying to talk dirty, but they ****** it up with some stupid line too. Really anti climatic overall. They didn't even go to Warwick Uni for crying out loud! I don't solely stay at a friends house near Cambridge Uni and then say I went to Cambridge Uni.

I would be slightly worried if I heard nursery children speaking like that :p:
Reply 192
CherryCherryBoomBoom
I would be slightly worried if I heard nursery children speaking like that :p:

'hahahaha i heard johnny poo pooed down vanessa's arm!'

Why not? Kids say weird things like that all the time.
Sithius
'hahahaha i heard johnny poo pooed down vanessa's arm!'

Why not? Kids say weird things like that all the time.

Haha, true that. I just thought you meant all the much more vulgar stuff and the swearing, which he says a lot doesn't he?
I feel the last two episodes have saved the series so far, but it is the weakest of the three series made. It has been said that by James Buckley that if they feel that they can make another series then they'd do it. Judging from the state of series 3, a 4th isn't justified.

If the producers did make a 4th, i think that series would be based in University and would certainly be the last series. Again, if the current series does not pick up, another series does not deserve to be produced.
love love lovvvveee themm <33
The guy who plays Simon is a shockingly bad actor, the scenes where he gets angry at his parents really piss me off. most of the jokes are pretty stupid as well. Im glad theyre not going to do a 4th.
PropositionJoe
The guy who plays Simon is a shockingly bad actor, the scenes where he gets angry at his parents really piss me off. most of the jokes are pretty stupid as well. Im glad theyre not going to do a 4th.

I think the character is just really odd like that. Actually they all are to be honest. It is a bit of an exaggerated parody of real life, I think.
Reply 198
Wow, that episode was just awful.
I mean, yeah, there's cringe humour, but to do it properly there has to be some tact, some self-awareness, and - crucially - an element of reality in there. Yeah, there's a big worry among guys that they might not get it up, but come on - smacking yourself in the crotch? Eating a ******* bonzai tree?

This series is a fail.
Apart from the last 5 minutes that was truly ****. I expected so much as well :sigh:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest